The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Massive Frame Drops By Ammo Packs !

sh0Zz

Unused Ammo Packs causing Heavy FPS Drops.

We needed to stop on Palus after Wave 55 because it was unplayable for my Friends.

I'm using an actual PC with 580GTX SLI Setup and lost around 20 Frames, 

couldn't Imagine how hard it is for Users with lower Computer Specs.

warframe11axch.jpg

Please let unused Ammo Packs disappear after 3-5 Minutes.

Unused Ammo Packs causing Heavy FPS Drops.

We needed to stop on Palus after Wave 55 because it was unplayable for my Friends.

I'm using an actual PC with 580GTX SLI Setup and lost around 20 Frames, 

couldn't Imagine how hard it is for Users with lower Computer Specs.

warframe11axch.jpg

Please let unused Ammo Packs disappear after 3-5 Minutes.

Deal with it, lower your settings.. some people need lots of ammo for high end defense

First chill a bit and read.

That's why I wrote "Let the Ammo disappear after some Time".

So there is enough Time to pick up what u need.

We had 4 Player Lobby and all had the same problem,

no one needed the enormous Ammo drop that we have since last Patch.

ye thats a huge problem for ppl that plays in low specs like me...and when the room is crowded and rhino uses his stomp, i just have to look away for a while...the ammo,energy and that strange sand that magically spawns from targets just freezes everything.

Just lower your settings dude

You cannot turn off ammo drops in settings. That is essentially what it sounds like you are proposing as a solution.

It doesn't matter how low your graphics settings are, if you have a screen full of ammo drops (especially as many as in OP, jeepers), you will lose fps.

Edit: Oh, and yeah, I totally support the whole let the ammo drops disappear after 3-5 minutes thing.

Edited by Meenmu

Though this is a real hinderence, there is no denying, it looks GODDAMN AWESOME!

Those who say lower your settings, please come back when you have gotten some sense. Lowering your settings will do nothing to change the amount of ammo there is lying around, or the amount of entities there are in the level (which, if there are say, 200, your game WILL lag no matter what).

The drops kill both my rigs. I can't even say how a 2.5 i3 laptop is moving.

But the tons of drops are killing my 2.8 Core 2 Quad CPU too. They need to have a timer on the drops.

2 Minutes max.

Edited by Cryio

Hey guys, I just have a quick follow-up.

Is it possible to get this bug if a host migration does not occur beforehand? Will it happen if you are playing solo?

Do you find that you are unable to pick up a large number of the ammo / energy orbs / other misc. items after this bug has occurred?

Any other additional info that you could provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Hey guys, I just have a quick follow-up.

Is it possible to get this bug if a host migration does not occur beforehand? Will it happen if you are playing solo?

Do you find that you are unable to pick up a large number of the ammo / energy orbs / other misc. items after this bug has occurred?

Any other additional info that you could provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

I've only had this problem once, and it didn't cause too much of an FPS drop, but my friends were complaining a bit so we tried to use the ammo packs.

Can't recall if there was a host migration or not but it's possible since I was only playing with 2 friends and a random. When they reported a drop in framerate, we all stood on the ammo, shooting and reloading over and over again. The ammo packs could be picked up and used, but there were so many it took us a good 4 minutes of having one person train/jumpkick an infested while the rest of us ate as much ammo as we could. In the end, we left, because too much ammo had amassed for us to keep up.

Although I wasn't lagging (GTX 780, overclocked) my friends (GTX 670 FTW+, and 2x GTX 660TI) were.

One last thing, I kinda like having a lot of ammo laying around, so maybe you could consider having unused ammo drops merge with nearby ammo drops of the same type to create larger, less numerous sources of pewpew. Also please add support for custom resolutions

Just wanted to say this bad lag happens with my clan mates around 20+ waves on xini at this current date on all good computer systems, before we could go to any wave without a problem, Its always when there is a sea of ammo, even with ammo mutation mods we can't hoover up the ammo.

Nice it is being fixed, ty

• 2 weeks later...

So it looks like we have found the problem and a fix is currently in the works. Once again I would like to thank everyone for their very thorough feedback. 

So Update 9.7 is here and the Problem is still present.

warframe0004das60.jpg

Well, don't know if it's more Important to bring a second Version of a bad Weapon Ingame and a useless Mod,

than Fixing Bugs which should have HIGHEST Priority...

Really disappointed here, thought it would be done.

Honestly haven't seen the problem myself. In solo play the items do disappear after a time, think about ten minutes (not sure though).

That being said considering the sheer number of ammo boxes it can leave in solo... well i am sure that in a group it would be easily possible to have a situation like in your screenie.

Maybe ammo types shouldn't appear depending on what weapons the specific player has equipped, afterall why would a player who is using a shotgun want to see sniper ammo. Only an idea though.