The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Landscapes of the future - will Digital Extremes deliver?

grigorije

On 3/16/2018 at 10:00 PM, rune_me said:

That mostly have to do with the art style of the plains, and not so much your PC. DE went for a very realistic art style, which means that everything is just shades of grey and brown and tends to blur together. Realistic sure, but it's poor game design.

Compare to something like, say Horizon Zero Dawn. That's not realistic at all. No grass is such a bright red color in real life. And why would all grass of a certain height be red and nothing else in the landscape? And why do fireflies always come out at night and fly around just that tall red grass? It makes little sense. But from a game design perspective, it's a clear visual cue that makes you instantly spot the places you can hide, even at just a quick glance.

Realism makes for good presentations, but rarely good game design. 

Which is a great reason why they should add some sort of targeting interface and rework that flashlight which is as bad as those found in Steam Early Access survival horror games. Heck, on PoE it does not even turn on at night.

I do not know you guys but if it is to play a game with an open world with fishmongers, mining and hunting giant monsters in open areas I would be playing FInal Fantasy XV and not Warframe, Poe is completely changing the course of the game, I really want to play  MMO action and not a MMORPG.

25 minutes ago, Eliakin said:

I do not know you guys but if it is to play a game with an open world with fishmongers, mining and hunting giant monsters in open areas I would be playing FInal Fantasy XV and not Warframe, Poe is completely changing the course of the game, I really want to play  MMO action and not a MMORPG.

Yeah I said the same when PoE was first released. You're just gonna have to get used to it, though, or move to another game. Because there is no doubt this is the direction the developers wants to take the game, and that creating more free roam maps will be what they spend a large portion of their development time on.

6 minutes ago, rune_me said:

Yeah I said the same when PoE was first released. You're just gonna have to get used to it, though, or move to another game. Because there is no doubt this is the direction the developers wants to take the game, and that creating more free roam maps will be what they spend a large portion of their development time on.

...until they shift directions again for whatever reason. Just wait for it.

As long as there is a more fluid approach to how the content is played. I’m not a huge fan of the get quest, got to ABCD, turn in quest.  If it allowed for more opportunities to explore, discover, follow chain of events, and stop whenever you like I’d be more appreciative.  In PoE the missions don’t really seem to have any reason besides “stop the ___ they’s Is the badzz.”

15 hours ago, Eliakin said:

They are just conforming to different playstyles; it does not mean that Warframe will become an mmo. If you think we will not get any new tilesets or planets, you're dead wrong. Don't forget that there's the Tau system, home of the Sentients and perhaps anything that triggered their hostility, if such a thing even exists.

In my opinion DE is largely in over their heads, they promise the game isnt full so they update it constantly, but by constantly its every 3-6 months? DE needs a larger team, they need to sell a console version in stores with plat amounts and skins so that will generate more money and players, and they need to stop promising something as big as "warframe 2" with something as miniscule as POE was

5 hours ago, cookieknife said:

they need to stop promising something as big as "warframe 2" with something as miniscule as POE was

...DE literally never actually said that, other people, youtubers and streamers said that...

get your facts straight man.