Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Delete and start over account on Steam?

Rokon2

So the last time I played Warframe was 3 years ago, and I want to know if it is possible to just delete my account and start over fresh? Or, if possible, have a second character slot to start new there?

I want to avoid spending money if possible, especially since I'm not sure if I'll be spending a lot of time on the game. I was just told by friends that it's gotten much better so I wanted to see for myself.

21 minutes ago, Zanchak said:

just trade something and buy a slot.. or spend $5 for some plats.. far less bother than starting from scratch again

This is not relevant, he does not need a new steam account.

19 minutes ago, Rokon2 said:

I want to avoid spending money if possible, especially since I'm not sure if I'll be spending a lot of time on the game. I was just told by friends that it's gotten much better so I wanted to see for myself.

You can just make a new account with a new email, Steam will ask if you want to link the new account when you log in.

2 minutes ago, Carnage2K4 said:

This is not relevant, he does not need a new steam account.

You can just make a new account with a new email, Steam will ask if you want to link the new account when you log in.

Actually, it is relevant, since he asked for a second slot and clearly already has an old account. I dont see why bother setting up a new one when a slot is like.. the cost of a mod or two if sold. Nothing in the OP says specifically "can I make a new account with a new email" though. Jeez.

I should have clarified a little bit. Ideally I just want a fresh start, since in my current account, I've no idea where I am or what to do, so I think it'd be better if I started from scratch again. It looks like I can't just typically delete my character and start a new one though.

8 minutes ago, Zanchak said:

Actually, it is relevant, since he asked for a second slot and clearly already has an old account. I dont see why bother setting up a new one when a slot is like.. the cost of a mod or two if sold. Nothing in the OP says specifically "can I make a new account with a new email" though. Jeez.

"I want to know if it is possible to just delete my account and start over fresh? Or, if possible, have a second character slot to start new there?"
He means "slot" as in a second character, which is the same as an account, as WF does not specifically have multiple character slots per 1 account like other games.
The answer to his question is to use a new email, so no he's not going to ask about if he can do something he does not know he has to do...
New Character = New account = New Email... and the new account will be asked to be linked when he logs in.

Edited by Carnage2K4

2 minutes ago, Rokon2 said:

I should have clarified a little bit. Ideally I just want a fresh start, since in my current account, I've no idea where I am or what to do, so I think it'd be better if I started from scratch again. It looks like I can't just typically delete my character and start a new one though.

You can contact support and ask them to reset your existing account.

You'll lose all mods, resources, Warframes, etc., but any plat you purchased will be refunded to your game account and anything you purchased with it is removed.

13 minutes ago, MagPrime said:

You can contact support and ask them to reset your existing account.

You'll lose all mods, resources, Warframes, etc., but any plat you purchased will be refunded to your game account and anything you purchased with it is removed.

Oh, I can do that? I'll try that first, but if I can't, I'll just make a new account and start there. I could have sworn I tried it once before, but it never hurts to try again I suppose.

5 minutes ago, Rokon2 said:

Oh, I can do that? I'll try that first, but if I can't, I'll just make a new account and start there. I could have sworn I tried it once before, but it never hurts to try again I suppose.

It may take awhile but they've reset accounts in the past. 

You might want to check what you have in your old accounts inventory before starting a new one. You might have some items you could trade, like arcane helmets or something, to get you some plat which will help enormously if you stick with it.

You probably start over at near the begining if your account is unplayed for over 3 years. You probably won't notice anything different gameplay wise since you'll still have to unlock all the solar rails even if you continue your old account, all the major plot quests will have been untouched since TWW and second dream etc are all younger than 3 years.. about the main difference would be having some old stuff in your inventory.

Edited by Ghogiel

I don't think I've made a whole lot of progress to be honest. I think I was working on making a new warframe and a sniper, but that's about it. I'll double-check though. Is there a way to check values for things, like a fan page or wiki?

21 hours ago, Rokon2 said:

I don't think I've made a whole lot of progress to be honest. I think I was working on making a new warframe and a sniper, but that's about it. I'll double-check though. Is there a way to check values for things, like a fan page or wiki?

The wiki will give you the credit prices and build resources/times.

Also, there are a couple threads about that have a list of free codes that give weapons, cosmetics and profile glyphs. 

I will try to dig them up for you.