The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Operator in relay other than Cetus

Ammisro

Just a quick, silly request.

The more DE put their efforts on Operator customisation, the more I feel like Operators can be real characters for the players and I wish to use mine running around in the relay chatting and chill. I am not sure how will they work out with the obvious 'spoiler' issues other than moving forward and let spoil the new players.

9 minutes ago, Yhtmahyll said:

Just a quick, silly request.

The more DE put their efforts on Operator customisation, the more I feel like Operators can be real characters for the players and I wish to use mine running around in the relay chatting and chill. I am not sure how will they work out with the obvious 'spoiler' issues other than moving forward and let spoil the new players.

Yes please. I've been wanting that for ages.

6 minutes ago, Walkampf said:

Well, a counter-argument whould be, that this whould spoil the suprise for new players who didn't play teh second dream, yet.

Yeah but since there are so many people who have completed The Second Dream and The War Within it is very unlikely that new players have not seen someone as their Operator because of random matchmaking. So there is always a chance that it will be spoiled for them. 

3 minutes ago, (XB1)BigLithuanian said:

Yeah but since there are so many people who have completed The Second Dream and The War Within it is very unlikely that new players have not seen someone as their Operator because of random matchmaking. So there is always a chance that it will be spoiled for them. 

Yeah, when was the last time anyone played a mission where an operator was never used, even if only for an energy bubble? New players are going to see operators long before they make it to Mercury to get to the first relay.

15 minutes ago, Walkampf said:

Well, a counter-argument whould be, that this whould spoil the suprise for new players who didn't play teh second dream, yet.

I think the whole "spoiler" thing was related to those players who have been playing Warframe a long time and had a vagonload of guesses on what/who/why a warframe is and what's "inside". New players had no such speculations, and I think it's safe to assume that 2 years past all others have already seen the operators.

Edited by Bouldershoulder

21 minutes ago, Walkampf said:

IIRC players who haven't completed TSD (and maybe TWW too) see other players' operators as warframes in Cetus. Same thing could be done to all relays.

1 minute ago, Ksaero said:

IIRC players who haven't completed TSD (and maybe TWW too) see other players' operators as warframes in Cetus. Same thing could be done to all relays.

U can see operators in missions without completing TSD, some guy made sure he would spam his operator face to my friends, after all the work i had to no spoil the game to them, hopefully they though they were specters or some pets, lol.

3 minutes ago, giotavares said:

U can see operators in missions without completing TSD, some guy made sure he would spam his operator face to my friends, after all the work i had to no spoil the game to them, hopefully they though they were specters or some pets, lol.

I believe they were trying to say that DE should hide Operators from people who haven't done TSD by disguising them as Warframes.

3 minutes ago, giotavares said:

I said in Cetus, not in missions. When you exit your warframe in Cetus, other players (who have completed the quests) see it as your warframe is replaced by operator. New players don't see your warframe turning into operator.

1 minute ago, Ksaero said:

I said in Cetus, not in missions. When you exit your warframe in Cetus, other players (who have completed the quests) see it as your warframe is replaced by operator. New players don't see your warframe turning into operator.

I didn't know that new players didn't see the Operators in Cetus probably cause all of my friends are long time players and have done all the DLCs.

Perhaps it could be done for specific Relays? Maybe the Plutonian one could be the place for computer and Xboxian folks where the censor-system stops and the Ops can finally be free to wander (Eris for our Playstatian folks)?

Edited by Unus

2 minutes ago, Unus said:

Perhaps it could be done for specific Relays? Maybe the Plutonian one could be the place for computer and Xboxian folks where the censor-system stops and the Ops can finally be free to wander (Eris for our Playstatian folks)?

Why separate the console/PC Operator relay locations?

Edited by (XB1)BigLithuanian

1 minute ago, (XB1)BigLithuanian said:

Why separate the console/PC Operator relay locations?

Mostly because Orcus was made into Nuncle No Nek's punching bag in the Playstatian alternate reality of Warframe. Don't know if/when the Relay reconstruction project begins, so, had to go with the furthest distance away from the Dream.

4 hours ago, Ksaero said:

Really? I would like to see if there is any evidence on that

I don't know what to say, my opinion towards Operator being spoiler is that they are around for 2 years now. It is not a twist anymore and new players don't have this speculations, embrace the true nature of Tenno and incorporate them into the game more than just a gimmick. I knew about operator briefly before I did TSD yet it is still the best quest due to execution and experience alone.