The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Petition To Change Vigor To D Polarity

MonsterPig

ZAzGYwf.png

Nobody has this mod yet, which means there is still time to change Vigor to it's rightful polarity.

Defense -17px-D.png - D (Defensive, Health, Armor, Stamina)

Currently, Vigor is a 19px-Bar.png (bar) polarity mod, which is inconsistent to the meaning of this polarity. Warframes such as Frost and Rhino are equipped with D polarities because of their purposes as a tanky, defensive Warframe. DE is basically telling the player that mods like Vitality and Redirection are best on these Warframes. It makes sense.

This polarity is inconsistent and will encourage DE to make future mods unpredictable. This means players may be forced to forma and change polarities to make room for a mod that should have been placed in a slot reserved for the appropriate type of mod.

Most players use Vitality and Redirection on all their frames. They are both D polarities and cost a lot of points, which makes it a popular polarity choice when using forma. Vigor should comfortably go into these slots.

Upvote if you demand a change!

zWbMzXK.png

^ What it should look like.

Edit: Thanks for all the support everyone, and thank you DE for listening. I have gained more respect for all of you. Vigor has been changed to a D polarity. This is a victory.

Edited by TrevV

The polarity should be "D" as is Redirection and Vitality. It just makes sense since this mod replaces one or the other (or both)

Agreed. For me it's replacing both, and my Frost Prime has 3 D polarities. I already plan on changing one of them, which is fine because it is my choice to not use redirection or vitality, but to have to change another because Vigor is a bar polarity... dats a slappa dappa in my face!

Ever think that they might have expected more of the squishier frames to be using like... say Lokis or Novas? I don't understand the point in a petition for a mod that has yet to even be released and considering it's about the polarity of all things I just find it derp, learn how to use an Aura mod for the extra 14 and I bet most of you already have potatoes in your frames so this is a pointless argument, the cap is 74 mod points currently we have more than enough ._.

And if you've failed to notice this, this isn't going against the past mods at all, "Dual Mods" are still pretty much new, and so far all the Dual Mods for Warframes have been - polarity mods, so complaining about them keeping this - fad for Dual Mods on frames up is ridiculous to me.

Edited by EinRyu

Ever think that they might have expected more of the squishier frames to be using like... say Lokis or Novas? I don't understand the point in a petition for a mod that has yet to even be released and considering it's about the polarity of all things I just find it derp, learn how to use an Aura mod for the extra 14 and I bet most of you already have potatoes in your frames so this is a pointless argument, the cap is 74 mod points currently we have more than enough ._.

It really just comes down to logic. Redirection (Shields) is a D, Vitality (Health) is a D, Vigor (Health and Shields) is a bar?.. What?

As for your examples; Loki has a D and a V Polarity so this would actually be a great change for him, and Nova has two V's because she is an offensive frame. That is her purpose. Offense. DE is telling you so by putting them there.

Edited by TrevV

I also really wish they would may Shred have Bar (Tactics) polarity, since, Fire Rate Bonus aside, I imagine it'll be primarily used in place of Metal Auger - and no doubt most players who regularly use puncture on one of their rifles have Forma'd a slot specifically for it.

Edited by Da_Big_D__

It really just comes down to logic. Redirection (Shields) is a D, Vitality (Health) is a D, Vigor (Health and Shields) is a bar?.. What?

As for your examples; Loki has a D and a V Polarity so this would actually be a great change for him, and Nova has two V's because she is an offensive frame. That is her purpose. Offense. DE is telling you so by putting them there.

If it were to come down to logic you would notice both Dual Stat mods so far for frames have been "-" polaritys. So if we were to go by logic for D "Defense" Polarity mods, Fortitude should also be having some random petition to become a "D" Polarity because it has Shield Recharge Rate and Fast Deflection is a "D" Polarity mod. Again, as I said if you are complaining about this taking up a slot, there's no point, with the new aura system we have enough mod points, just take out Vitality or Redirection or both and you're all good. They're not asking us to Forma our Frames for this, nor are they breaking this underlying rule made by the player base that all Defense mods MUST be a "D" Polarity, and I doubt DE had tht thought in mind when they did so. And if you want an example of "Tanky" frames that would use this mod, Frost comes to mind as one of his 2 polaritys are a - and Rhino is fine either way with maxed Vitality or Redirection, he hardly needs another buff to his Shield and Health pools or it just gets to the point of overkill and wasted mod points.