Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Will warframe evolve from PvE to co-operative PvE?

(PSN)Buyukbaba

Mainly a reply to the question in the thread title, since the core of the main topic has been answered:

I really hope they do NOT emphasize coop play more than they already have.

I play free online games because they have continuous content updates - new stuff to see and do and collect over time, no box price, and generally a theme that I enjoy.
Warframe has my most favorite weapon of all time: the dual bladed staff (even single bladed staff is good too), and it's almost used in the manner I expect of the weapon. (TERA does it better, but the character has to be female to use them - and that class is only on the PC for now... waiting for the PS4 version to have the valkyrie), so for now, Warframe wins my heart for best online game at the moment.

Raids and grouping kills games for me, if they're the ONLY route to certain items. Generally, game devs like to hide the strongest stuff behind group content in online games because it "encourages" (forces) group play, because they think it takes more skill (time to gather a group of people and herd them like cats to achieve anything) to have a group fulfill an objective (easy mode, relying on others) rather than a single player showing their own skill. (I wish they let Chroma still solo eidolons... I don't have him yet, but would have liked to have had that option when I finally get to that point)

If they provide the same rewards outside of that group content that can be attained solo, with more time or effort, I'd be OK with that. Options are good. Forced grouping is bad.

That is my perspective.

I love solo warframe.
I practically only group for interception missions.

The minute I'm forced to group is the moment I start hating a game.

9 hours ago, (PS4)AyinDygra said:

I really hope they do NOT emphasize coop play more than they already have.

Agreed. Warframe is actually in a REALLY good place. Somehow DE hit the middle ground that many games struggle to get.
Everything can be done in all sizes of groups. However, SOlo-play often requires the player to be very well geared, have a strategy, & skill to back it up.
Which every Solo player is 100% fine with.

Raids and grouping kills games for me, if they're the ONLY route to certain items.

Well said. Very few games hit the middle ground on this. Warframe is in a good place.

(I wish they let Chroma still solo eidolons... I don't have him yet, but would have liked to have had that option when I finally get to that point)

He still can. Every frame can solo the Teralyst. The other 2...with a good strategy & a bit of luck you have a chance of taking down the Gantulyst. Don't try the Hydrolyst however.

Destiny's idea of co op is literally "you stand on one button, while I stand on another, and a third guys runs across the bridge it creates". Or "You hit the boss with a bomb to drop his shield so the rest of us can shoot him".

That's not sought after co op IMO. To summon the higher eidolons everyone has to touch the switch. That's about the same level of co op Destiny brings. 

Playing Trinity as a healer or Rhino as a tank is ACTUAL co op. Not "standing on buttons" co op lol.

The fact that someone is pointing to Destiny as actual co op hurts my head >.<.

Imo, WF is and every time was a Co-op game where the synergy between Frames is making missions easier. Unfortunately decent amount players in Playerbase are:

1. Choleric xenophobs

2. Selfish massmurders focused only on dealing highest Dmg

3. Crybabies from kindergarten insta cry how this and that is hard or how group 2. ruin their fun

Tbh, this 3 groups are absolutely ruin the beauty of Co-op gameplay in WF.

34 minutes ago, (PS4)Onder6099 said:

Imo, WF is and every time was a Co-op game where the synergy between Frames is making missions easier. Unfortunately decent amount players in Playerbase are:

1. Choleric xenophobs

3. Crybabies from kindergarten insta cry how this and that is hard or how group 2. ruin their fun

And if I prefer to run things alone, how do I classify? :D

2 minutes ago, (PS4)Onder6099 said:

I put only those sort of players who, imho, negatively affect WF

Good thing you're not the arbiter of who the game should cater for, then. DE has always and is still balancing every bit of PvE content(barring trials, but they're thankfully gone) around solo players just as much as squads. Sheldon even mentioned how the Kuva Survival still has to go through solo play testing before it can get released, last devstream.

On ‎3‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 3:20 AM, Teloch said:

WF is a casual game fit for solo players and for those who OPT to cooperate. If that would change in the favour of one or the other side of the spectrum, the other side would end up alienated and the revenues will inevitably drop. Thus why the cooperative element will remain purely optional for as long as WF runs.

FINALLY!!! Someone has realized the truth that this game isn't co-op only.  I've been saying for over two years that this game is solo focused with the option to co-op.  It's obvious in the quests, frame powers, and missions.  The game and enemy AI doesn't really start to get broken until more than one frame is in the missions.  

There is not one mission type or part of the game that requires more than one lone Tenno.  Especially now that Raids are gone.  

12 hours ago, (PS4)Onder6099 said:

1. Choleric xenophobs

Am I not supposed to mass murder enemies? Why wouldn't you with all the crazy powers in this?

13 hours ago, (PS4)Onder6099 said:

"Selfish massmurders" right lol, When one has been given the capacity by the game itself to do this on the team without effort there's a problem with the very foundation of cooperation in a coop game, they give us tools to basically cheat the enemy and you expect those with this power to slow down or stop for teammates?. if its a skilled player using effort in his mass kills to carry the lesser on the team, that's good balance.

But unfortunately most cases of what we have now of mass murderings going on, the usual suspects that take little effort for overkill in damage potential.

They give us roles as support and damage buffers etc when they also give us tools to make others players useless in a team of 4's spawn rate in a low risk environment with little effort in all tiers of gameplay. We clearly needed those supports and class roles to synergise for more rewarding play.. Yep! sure do! For Tridolons only..

17 hours ago, AuroraSonicBoom said:

Good thing you're not the arbiter of who the game should cater for, then. DE has always and is still balancing every bit of PvE content(barring trials, but they're thankfully gone) around solo players just as much as squads. Sheldon even mentioned how the Kuva Survival still has to go through solo play testing before it can get released, last devstream.

Balance focused mainly on Solo players. It's nice to satisfy huge spectrum of players but this is one and only thing where I must disagree with DE. 

1. What is hard for Solo is easy for Squads, decent amount of my friends focused on Co-op already left because,while as a Solo u wait around 1hr until game become competitive, in squad it's just endless boring wait, and I would not speak about embarrassing moments about lowering requirements for rewards on last Events

2. To hit decent result u must use only around 20% of your Arsenal

3. If all experienced players will go Solo the game will lose new players unable to make harder missions single.

4. Builds and Frames recommend on Forums are mainly focused on Solo play while in Squads are annoying, just few examples Rhino everywhere, Mag with Magnitize bubble all over the room.

Edit: Balance? For me it's more a way how to keep WF alive because more and more players play Solo because more and more players recommended that.

Edited by (PS4)Onder6099

7 hours ago, (PS4)Blazetrain420 said:

Am I not supposed to mass murder enemies? Why wouldn't you with all the crazy powers in this?

U must ask group 3. From my POV, only Def, Sur and Exterminate missions needs cleaners. 1 example for all: I take Nova with 16 sec Duration into Interceptio, 16 sec is not only around 95m distance it's also 95 sec duration of MP on Enemies only u must do is to kill enemies hacking consoles but when killer appears he will turned "peaceful" mission into hell and not only that he is forcing me to use MP ignoring my energy needs. On the opposite side, group 3 issues: Ember appears in Sortie 2 Exterminate, why, instead to say to myself something like: "pff she is not too strong to this mission" and disconnect, to take Banshee with Sonar, slow Nova and support her to make the mission smooth? Same with Mesa in Defense etc. Synergy and Tolerance that is, imo, magic of WF.

Edited by (PS4)Onder6099

9 hours ago, (PS4)Onder6099 said:

U must ask group 3. From my POV, only Def, Sur and Exterminate missions needs cleaners. 1 example for all: I take Nova with 16 sec Duration into Interceptio, 16 sec is not only around 95m distance it's also 95 sec duration of MP on Enemies only u must do is to kill enemies hacking consoles but when killer appears he will turned "peaceful" mission into hell and not only that he is forcing me to use MP ignoring my energy needs. On the opposite side, group 3 issues: Ember appears in Sortie 2 Exterminate, why, instead to say to myself something like: "pff she is not too strong to this mission" and disconnect, to take Banshee with Sonar, slow Nova and support her to make the mission smooth? Same with Mesa in Defense etc. Synergy and Tolerance that is, imo, magic of WF.

So I shouldn't use frames I like? I shouldn't enjoy killing lots of enemies? What am I supposed to be enjoying then? 

10 hours ago, (PS4)Onder6099 said:

more players play Solo because more and more players recommended that.

More players play solo because they don't want to deal with all the negatives of group play.  Some just like to take their time, have the ability to pause the game, and/or not have others potentially ruin their mission.  

Co-op is nice and all, but it's not the greatest thing ever to happen to gaming.  I say this as someone who has over 40 years of gaming under my belt.  

Edit: This is just my opinion on the matter and not based on hard facts.  More based on some observations over a long period of time.  

Edited by DatDarkOne
grammar and additional edit

6 minutes ago, DatDarkOne said:

More players play solo because they don't want to deal with all the negatives of group play.  Some just like to take their time, have the ability to pause the game, and/or not have other potentially ruin their mission.  

Co-op is nice and all, but it's not the greatest thing ever to happen to gaming.  I say this as someone who has over 40 years of gaming under my belt.  

I always get this impression that people think the game is mandatory co op or unplayable without it. I really think if more people played solo half as much as they do coop we would have lets compliants about stuff like someone "getting too many kills" or "ruining" a spy mission just because it wasn't 100% perfect. If you want sonething done your way its best just to do it yourself usually.

17 minutes ago, (PS4)Blazetrain420 said:

Why do those doors even exist?

Those doors are a checkpoint spot in both solo and group modes to give you a warning that there's some "real" shyte on the other side and to be ready.  

Edited by DatDarkOne

14 minutes ago, (PS4)Blazetrain420 said:

What? Real S#&amp;&#036;? A group of 3 moas and a couple corpus grunts are supposed to be a threat?

LOL, not just right at the door.  More of the next areas after the door.  Like the mission objective or Boss area.