Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Chat Suspension

BatsGoScreechh

Question

I was advertising my clan and accidentally advertised in region and was automatically suspended from chat. I put in a Support ticket with the situation along with an apology, but received no reply and its been over 24 hours. It was a complete accident and I need chat for trade and mission communication. I'm clueless as to what to do especially since Support is closed on the weekends. I love DE and their work ethic as well as the interaction they have with their fan base, and because of this I was surprised at the lack of support from the Support team. :sad:

I haven't done anything wrong in the past in chat, so if I'm suspended from chat for a whole week I'm going to be even more upset than I already am. A simple message from the bot that suspended me explaining what I did and how long the suspension will last would have been a HUGE step up... at least I would know something instead of being completely in the dark.

Anybody have any advice? I'm desperate at this point. 

7 answers to this question

It's a shame with the high hopes I have for DE. I absolutely loathe the AAA companies and microtransaction, loot boxes, and any other gambling feature. DE is a beacon of how gaming should be and how developers should treat their fans, but this whole situation has made me lose a little respect for DE. Support is one of the most important aspects... they are a direct link with not just players, but players that need help. This is how they treat the players that require help?

Edited by BatsGoScreechh

vor 5 Minuten schrieb BatsGoScreechh:

they are a direct link with not just players, but players that need help. This is how they treat the players that require help?

It took my gf 6 months to get her account back because the password randomly didn't work and the reset Mail wouldn't reach her. She missed PoE start plus events and Acolytes. And support just said sth like "well, bad luck".

The speed of the response sometimes is also affected by the type of problem. For account issues like the password problem noted above, it takes much longer. For a simply misuse of chat (that hopefully doesn't include profanity or hate speech) it's may only a short chat ban of a day or two. Additionally, DE is still kind of an indie company with a large playerbase, their support staff has a lot of tickets on their plate.

I've sometime put the wrong chat in the wrong channel, but have only gotten kicked from chat temporarily for it. To be actually banned, you may have made a similar mistake repeatedly without realizing it. Just be careful in the future and be patient. If you just made an innocent mistake, then you'll have chat back before you know it.

Good luck, and happy gaming Tenno.

:community:

This is what you do: Chill.

In warframe, or out side of it, this game requires patience.

This was an unfortunate timing, since as you say, support is not available during the weekends.

We do not really have figures on how long support takes on average. We only have testimonies of people saying that they opened a ticked and a few weeks went by. However, that is selection bias, because the people that get a response in a day or two usually do not take it to the forums. My support tickets always have taken two days to be resolved (they seem to be always catching up). Am I special or lucky? I don't think so. I'm not even a founder or have used real money in the game to have some false self entitlement on that. Instead, I believe I am part of a silent majority of people that get support in a couple of days and never go to the forums to complain about it.

There is another thing you need to consider: this is not a AAA company. They need more people to staff support. DE is still growing.

Now, about your chat suppension. The bot will give you a suspension for a day, a couple of days, a week, or more... usually people on their first offense will not be suspended for long. You can just wait it... you would be waiting on support anyway. I suspect the chat suspensions are not really a priority on their support system due to that fact.