Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How to Solo Tridolons?

OriVerda

Question

12 answers to this question

17 minutes ago, OriVerda said:

Sure, the more information the better.

Alrighty then lets get started the important factors starting out in soloing eidolons is of course your amp choice and the focus school you bring along

Focus School : I always take Unairu because of the 100% damage buff that Unairu Wisp provides and the Void Chrysalis which gives an 80% damage reduction to allies while cloaked also stone skin makes you pretty tanky as an operator

DD165FACD6F0DA967FD4C07AAE0869DE7A9410B8

AMPS: These are the 3 amps I've used to solo the tridolons testing each ones cap time and what arcane works best

23A8ACAB92F32D97CD6B770A39DF8C6CA2581F41

03194C7621F715219A22517965CE239C3A64B831

95C69ABD0DB1FAFB5D2103425FE5B6875675F0A6

For Granmu Prism I'd suggest you use my "Restraining Order" build as it has the best cap time with a maxed Virtuos Strike

If using a Raplak Prism amp which is viable either Virtuos Shadow or Virtuos Strike will work, I couldn't find a difference in cap times

Shwaak Prism is kinda the weakest for all 3 eidolons but the strongest for just the Teralyst, Virtuos Fury is the best arcane choice for it

Frame: I choose Deer Lord as my go to for Tridolons Hes tough and he looks good getting the caps, I don't think the arcanes I use are fully necessary but they do help alot

63E078A02E4CA9F406CB2408C80D58130EB9A1A9

Weapons: Rubico is my favorite sniper so it gets included on my hunts and it preforms very well due to my riven on it a good sniper is your best bet for getting these caps be it Lanka or Vectis Prime

To me your secondary doesn't really matter but any radiation crit weapon will work if you even have to use it and for melee bring a Sarpa using shattering Impact to reduce their base armor just a speed mod and the Shattering Impact is needed

6353A852169B4AA77553164F83F5EDA81FDB2442

2FBE37991A5CDABC4DB6804D942FAC76620E650F

Operator Arcanes: Magus Replenish and Vigor will make you near unkillable in this fight if you have the Vazarin, Naramon,and Zenurik unbinds. Take some damage and just dash it off. If you do not have the unbinds no worries they'll still make you tougher

B876C497DE4D960CED203FBDD114B9E3928E1D58

Strategies: There's not much to say about this part but things I've done to help myself do them faster as for starters getting 1 lure charged before you even grab a second one marking Teralyst as he appears so you don't have to search for him to long

Teraylst: Learn where all the lures spawn, break a joint on him set a lure to hold him in place dash or fly off with your archwing and grab a new lure quickly for the next fight

Gantalyst: He is pretty boring really nothing of note except when he stomps down its best to roll or void dash a bit so you don't have a huge laser coming up thru your legs

Hydrolyst: He is really good at destroying my lures so to keep the stress of worrying about it away I only bring 1 to his fight till hes laid out and crying then grab new ones

Watch for the floating gas pockets they go off with a one shotting magnetic proc that's probably x4 times the radius of the standard Eidolon wounded roar Quill Onkko warns you about. If you see them gas pockets start floating up best to hallowed ground your frame and go into void mode as operator

Shield take down: Its best to aim for the head no matter the amp you're using hit him with that void blast to spawn a Unairu Wisp dash out from under him and aim for that goatee he sports

Hydrolyst will call for his sheilds far more than the other 2 make sure to not let him overcharge a Vomvalyst (easy to spot it'l be glowing a bright blue like a mini sayian) as that will charge Harry's shield quite quickly

the fights can be quite fun as the only thing in the game that's still challenging to myself I often will solo one or two night cycles if I can. The arcanes to me are a bonus as I already have just about 1 set of every kind

Play it enough times and learn how you fight, cause it might be different from my own methods, and you'll be capturing all 3 in no time

2C6A664174641453B9A027EF5833659AA44BFE80

bring something to Heal the Lures (probably Trinity), and one of the three main Sniper Rifles since they deal the most Damage when you can't rely on other Buffs (Lanka, Rubico, Vectis Prime).

get familiar with Vomvalyst Spawns, remember to Kill Grineer near Camps you pass close by because Enemy Spawns in Eidolon affect Vomvalysts to __ degree.
be on the ball with breaking Shields quickly (Grenade Launcher Primary Fire will be a must for this, you need all the DPS you can get - and have the Continuous Beam Alt Fire so you can deal with Vomvalysts really fast) and shooting quickly. spamfiring the first few Shots into the Eidolon while you're bringing your Gun to where you need to aim will help you finish the Damage phases faster via the Hit Counter.

Zenistar may prove useful for helping to control the Vomvaysts better. outside of that whatever can hit a wide area.

technically it would be possible to take a DPS Warframe and just finish them that fast that the Lures don't die before you're done with each Eidolon. whether you can do this reilably in practice is pretty cloudy though.
similarly technically you could use Oberon instead of Trinity but it's not as clear cut as to whether you'll be able to keep the Lures alive.

you'll need a lot of Energy Pizzas since you won't have protection from a myriad of Abilities.
though if you can retain enough Range for Link to attach to things reliably, that could keep you safe from the Magnetic Pulses. trying to mix some Strength and that much Range and Duration while also retaining your EHP is uh, kind've impractical in terms of Mod Slots though so idunno how one would achieve that.

Edited by taiiat

In chronological order from best to worst

Trinity can easily do it, but needs arcane nullifier to resist the energy loss of energy spike (running away from the spike sucks but if you don't have nullifiers you can do that)

Oberon can do it, but your lures will probably die during the hydrolyst, so either keep them away or bing new ones.

Limbo can do it but the moment you step out of the rift to kill synovias you will probably get oneshotted by something unless you wear 2x arcane guardian and hunter adrenaline + rage + quick thinking.

Ivara can do it by keeping the lures invisible but it's a very annoying micromanaging. She also ha no means of healing them, so any AoE will kill them sooner or later. And yourself probably too.

Volt can't really do it as he has no means to protect the lures (shields don't really work well for that)

Chroma also can't do that despite having fast synovia kills.

Edited by Scoobeus

For Trin it's always possible to pop an energy restore after the magnetic attack; it should be enough for 2 to 4 blessings.
I would be more afraid of the dps (but I'm still using an opticor as I don't have a riven for my lanka which may explain why I'm short on dps).

Solo'd the first one with Ivara. You can look up builds on YouTube built around her Prowl. Takes longer and you will be only able to kill one a night. I used it to learn the fight.

You can do Rhino Iron Skin build or Rhino Roar build. Its faster and Rhino is the easiest frame to get. 

It's just something you will just have to try and learn you will die a lot, and you will get caught out every now and then even if you're experienced. Also, grind up to the tier 2 amp.

When you look up builds for solo killing they will always recommend a weapon. Usually revolves around a sniper built for crit and radiation.

I'd like to add that I find Arcane Momentum a vast improvement for my Rubico. Too many things can reset the reloading animation, sometimes several times in a row you'll get pushed back, stumble etc.  before you can reload. And it's a considerable increase in DPS in general.