Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

No point doing long missions :S

DoubleM00N

I was just wondering, wouldnt it make sense to increase loot drops on  long missions ? like on every 20m rotation resets and you still get the same pesky sh*t. Instead wouldnt it be better to scale the loot up ? such as  credit-endo drops  increasing 50% on  each full rotation or relics dropping as exceptional like in every 5th run of void fissures .Fighting level 200 enemies just to get the same loot   is not rewarding. I hope they address this issue and encourage people to take on hard challenges

My thoughts exactly. and I think this is nothing new, somebody would already suggested this before.

The thing is.. DE have a lot things to do at the moment. (Umbra, Venus, New Story Arc, etc.) so it's simpler to program it like that at the moment. Maybe if we have survival 2.0, it will be reworked.

Because to change survival, it means to change others that rely on this gamemode (quest, sortie, invasion, endless relic, and the upcoming endless kuva.), since it is the basic/core/parent of those subjects. There's probably a hundred lines of code need to be rewritten in order to achieve this and that ain't going to be easy.

8 minutes ago, Gussygoose said:

My thoughts exactly. and I think this is nothing new, somebody would already suggested this before.

The thing is.. DE have a lot things to do at the moment. (Umbra, Venus, New Story Arc, etc.) so it's simpler to program it like that at the moment. Maybe if we have survival 2.0, it will be reworked.

Because to change survival, it means to change others that rely on this gamemode (quest, sortie, invasion, endless relic, and the upcoming endless kuva.), since it is the basic/core/parent of those subjects. There's probably a hundred lines of code need to be rewritten in order to achieve this and that ain't going to be easy.

There's also the simple fact that making an endless game mode further incentivize playing it endlessly would be a pretty skeevy design path to go down.

47 минут назад, DoubleM00N сказал:

I was just wondering, wouldnt it make sense to increase loot drops on  long missions ? like on every 20m rotation resets and you still get the same pesky sh*t. Instead wouldnt it be better to scale the loot up ? such as  credit-endo drops  increasing 50% on  each full rotation or relics dropping as exceptional like in every 5th run of void fissures .Fighting level 200 enemies just to get the same loot   is not rewarding. I hope they address this issue and encourage people to take on hard challenges

no, it wouldnt, because thus endless missions will compete with new endless-style-scaling-reward darks sectors

11 hours ago, Vladimir_Black said:

you've got 50 minutes in survival! congrats! heres 15 #*!%ING ENDO.

Plus everything else that dropped before then.

12 hours ago, StrikerTheHedgefox said:

I think the rewards should get better the longer you play. Gives a good reason do do it, also I think it'd be a good way to keep S#&$ from being vaulted so quickly, because it'd give more room for more possibilities in the drop table without polluting it.

They are not going to make long endless missions the most attractive thing to do, if for no other reason than making new players (or any players, really) feel that they must spend an hour+ in a mission, probably turning a lot of those players away from the game.

13 hours ago, peterc3 said:

Plus everything else that dropped before then.

Which is a non-point to make. When the drop table cycles back to the first rotation, might as well extract, and restart the mission. You'll still get the stuff that dropped before, but the enemy levels will go back down. No sense fighting high-level enemies for scraps when you can just restart the mission from the beginning and keep getting the same rewards.

Edited by StrikerTheHedgefox

I think the main problem is that higher reward would exclude some players just because someone enjoy a different game style. So the reward should be rewarding, but at the same time still not too good.

So I think about simply obvious solution - getting a bit more of what was offered before could be solution - like 20 endo for A, 30 endo for C and so on. When it comes to mods you should have higher chance for rare mods and lower chance for ammo drum and the same is with relics. Here is important it would still be a chance, so if you are lucky you could still get something good within 5-10 minutes, so it wouldn't be locked away. In this way it could be fair. If it is there already and I'm unlucky, then I don't know what else :p

And the same with enemy scaling - you should have higher chance for drop you need for low level in low level enemies missions and the opposite. I think what is needed for high level players is endo, void traces, kuva things for riven mods and such - those could be for really high level missions like 100 level and so on.

And what is more important for me is that there would be good reward for multistaged missions - otherwise players will stick with capture. 

Then sorties could be more difficult with special rewards and all 100 level ordinary missions could have this higher amoount of crafting materials you need for special upgrades which you need for high level missions.

That is why I think it is important to have a good system in this, so the game would stay fun and rewarding - the same like they are trying to balance warframes which are too cheesy, it should be the same with missions - but not forcing to do 1 mission over and over, but to have fair rewards if you decide to take some risk or investment into equipment, but not exclusive.

They could make the rewards start gearing towards the higher tier ones. Just like how when you upgrade a relic so every 5 waves/mins gets you less a chance at that 15 endo reward and more For That Life Strike or something. Maybe at some point you just get to choose out of some rewards.

I was thinking about dungeon defender for a min when playing warframe and to add that mechanic from them where once you make it to save let's say 25 waves/mins now you can choose to skip all those 25 waves you proved you could do and start at save 25 would be neat.

Edited by Snowball17
Clarification and grammar