Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Zephyr QoL for Power 1 (esp. for controllers)

(PSN)A_SimpleName

I have been on hiatus from warframe for a good length of time and have just return to the tune of Zephyr Prime and her new abilities rework. I like the combination of her old 1 and 2 into just power 1 now, but there's a glaring issue for me (on controller). The tail wind part is fine with a button PRESS to fly toward the reticle-guided direction and the HOLD to fly upwards. The issue is the dive-bomb part. Currently, I need to aim directly toward the ground for dive bombs. This is very cumbersome for controllers as it's much slower to aim up for tailwind, then aim down for bombing. I propose adding the option to HOLD 1, when in the air, for dive-bomb. This will add much QoL and feasibility of using dive-bomb as it do not waste time aiming and provide for more fluidity transition between tailwind and dive bomb. 

when you press to use tailwind, you fly in the direction you are aiming. it doesn't make you fly in a straight line. pressing and holding is to activate hover. tailwind as 3 different functions now. fly in direction, hover, divebomb. everyone has to aim down to activate divebomb. adding more functions to a power that already has 3 would be too much. increase your aiming sensitivity if it feels to slow to reposition.

Exactly as expected.

12 minutes ago, mithie2 said:

TL;DR: Angle of incidence needs to be more lenient to trigger dive bomb. Would fix a lot of her tailwind control issues.

Extra credit: Let dive bomb trigger off walls and other hard surfaces as well.

Please god no, I want to travel, I don't want to explode into stillness every time I brush a stray branch.

3 hours ago, Caelward said:

Exactly as expected.

Please god no, I want to travel, I don't want to explode into stillness every time I brush a stray branch.

Well you know, right now, if you tailwind into a wall, there's still like 2 second delay where you can't actually do anything.

Imagine if the delay's the same, except you explode.

8 hours ago, (PS4)A_SimpleName said:

This is very cumbersome for controllers as it's much slower to aim up for tailwind, then aim down for bombing.

I'm naming this as 'I Told You So Thread No. 12'

I called it, multiple times, in every thread where they mentioned combining Tailwind and Dive Bomb. Angle-differentiation in Warframe is sinfully bad on Consoles and just reasonably bad on PC.

To contribute to the thread, though, would it help if the Aiming Reticule changed in some way? So when you're actually going to DB it gets a little highlight, or graphic around the aiming dots, so that everything that doesn't get this highlight will be a Tailwind?

That's the one I keep asking for, because it's kind of okay now if you're on PC, but there are still times when I'll be looking down and be right on the edge of the angle needed, so instead of a Bomb, I grind my gilded beak into the ground while everyone laughs. At least this way, you'll be able to get the timing down on controller too, right?

1 hour ago, mithie2 said:

Well you know, right now, if you tailwind into a wall, there's still like 2 second delay where you can't actually do anything.

Imagine if the delay's the same, except you explode.

Imagine if they had listened to our years of feedback and allowed Zephyr to wall latch or wall jump on contact.

I understand the allure of a contact dive-bomb, but if they were going to give her a new action based on contact with terrain, I'd rather have immediate control over what I do next.