Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Plains of Eidolon - Altitude limit for archwing

Code4Seeker

Just wondering why do we have a hard limit on the altitude of archwings in Plains of Eidolon?

Why can't we have something like if you fly too high, you will get warnings that the archwing is flying too high and has to descend in altitude else they will be targetted by Grineer Galleons? Then if the player did not descend in 10sec, he/she will be literally shot down by ballistic missiles.

7 minutes ago, Code4Seeker said:

Just wondering why do we have a hard limit on the altitude of archwings in Plains of Eidolon?

Why can't we have something like if you fly too high, you will get warnings that the archwing is flying too high and has to descend in altitude else they will be targetted by Grineer Galleons? Then if the player did not descend in 10sec, he/she will be literally shot down by ballistic missiles.

Ordis: Operator, you are flying in to range of the Grineer air command.

*archwing gets exploded*

Ordis: *deep voice* Told you.

17 minutes ago, Code4Seeker said:

I would love for DE to raise the height limit significantly. Once again a great suggestion :thumbup:

Meanwhile, Titania doesn't care and flies as high as she pleases.... while breaking the sound barrier at the same time with Blitz.

The archwing ceiling really should at least be raised a little. The variability with the terrain makes it kinda awkward due to how low it is.

Edited by TheBlueJelly

Why? Likely because the limit was coded to be terrain-dependent, possibly to prevent archwing users camping outside of grineer weapon range with sniper rifles and cheesing through most missions. For the same reason I don't expect this situation changed unfortunately.

2 hours ago, Siilk said:

Why? Likely because the limit was coded to be terrain-dependent, possibly to prevent archwing users camping outside of grineer weapon range with sniper rifles and cheesing through most missions. For the same reason I don't expect this situation changed unfortunately.

I cheese through high level bounties with Ivara with a hushed opticor, see no problem there.

19 minutes ago, Code4Seeker said:

I cheese through high level bounties with Ivara with a hushed opticor, see no problem there.

Oh, of course there are a ton of ways to cheese in warframe. I just don't expect DE to give in and open the games for even more of those.

vor 14 Stunden schrieb Code4Seeker:

I am instantly reminded of Acecombat 3.

Computer Voice: CAUTION! Pull down! 

Followed by a red banner on the screen, showing the countdown with a small alert SFX. 

On 3/28/2018 at 11:54 AM, TheBlueJelly said:

Meanwhile, Titania doesn't care and flies as high as she pleases.... while breaking the sound barrier at the same time with Blitz.

The archwing ceiling really should at least be raised a little. The variability with the terrain makes it kinda awkward due to how low it is.

SSSssshhh!! We dont want them to nerf  fix it. Quiet, man!

• 2 weeks later...
On March 28, 2018 at 10:07 PM, Siilk said:

People kind of already do this.