Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nidus Prime....

Zoliru

• 3 months later...

I'm onboard with what a few of you have said... would be awesome if his primed version was a clean-cut prime with the usual gold trim and such, and as stacks increase the armor expands and mutates him into an infested demon. XD

On 2018-04-04 at 9:19 AM, Aggh said:

Limbo is one of the most polarizing frames in the game, you really think they wouldn't release a more popular frame ahead of him lol?  Can you imagine the rage on the forums when there is a limbo prime in 9/10 missions as per usual with a prime release?  Limbo prime is going to need some real planning before they release him.

This statement did not age well....lol

• 1 month later...
On 2018-03-31 at 1:54 AM, SneakyErvin said:

Would there even be lore to back up a Nidus Prime? Isnt he just some post-Orokin era frame that got infested?

Lorewise warframes are infested anyway. Think of Nidus as an unaltered, baseframe that was designed with no frills but barebones powers tied to the Helminth strain of the Technocyte virus. He's more or less what's inside the warframes, just altered a bit to be his own thing from what I can gather. So a Nidus prime isn't much of a stretch really.

On 2018-03-30 at 1:25 PM, BiancaRoughfin said:

They release a new Prime every 3~4 months, there is a sequence [DE] follows which is usually based on the release sequence of a Warframe and their genders. So, yeah, its going to take about 3 years until you see Nidus Prime, unless due to popular demand they release it earlier but its very unlikely they will do that.

Also, they have not yet confirmed that EVERY warframe will get an Umbra equivalent. Its possible that only Excal receives it so players can stop whining about Excal Prime and should they release the Umbras for every frame, i hope they dont make it too much stronger than the primed variants and just make some minor differences to them so Primes will still be a thing.

If they release umbras I expect it would be like the prime version but with an umbra polarity.

• 2 years later...
On 2018-03-30 at 1:54 PM, SneakyErvin said:

Would there even be lore to back up a Nidus Prime? Isnt he just some post-Orokin era frame that got infested?

I realize I might be late to the party, but Lore-wise, I believe Nidus was born from a failed experiment to create the first warframes. Failed because either they used too strong a strain of infested, or the warframe simply went the way of excal. umbra and retained sentience. 

This said, given the fact that we HAVE a usable nidus frame that doesn't act on it's own, I don't believe we have the experimental warframe that would predate the Excalibur frame. What we have is basically a future version based on the results OF that failed experiment. 

My theory on nidus is this. While the Nidus frame seems to possess Infested-like abilities, I do not believe that Nidus IS the infestation, but rather just a shell that contains/directs the infestation within.

The infestation obviously helps Nidus with self/auto-heal and it's abilities, rather than harming it or trying to take control. It mutates and grows stronger inside nidus and yet still allows itself to be used. But why? I believe this could also be a potentially lore-based reason for nidus not having shields. Perhaps it's a symbiotic relationship between the warframe and the contained infestation, where nidus gains it's powers and auto-heal in exchange for either allowing the infestation to siphon energy from what was once the frames built-in shield generator, or perhaps the shield generator was exchanged for some sort of special life-support system that gives the infestation something crucial to it's biology.

Backing away from lore speculation, perhaps this could be an explanation as to why we're allowed to have basically Primed infestation. Where as nidus, as it is now, is just a recreation of the old shell, Nidus Prime would be the Orokins original design for the containment shell

Edited by (XBOX)Wi3rd0tr0n

9 hours ago, (XBOX)Wi3rd0tr0n said:

I realize I might be late to the party, but Lore-wise, I believe Nidus was born from a failed experiment to create the first warframes. Failed because either they used too strong a strain of infested, or the warframe simply went the way of excal. umbra and retained sentience. 

This said, given the fact that we HAVE a usable nidus frame that doesn't act on it's own, I don't believe we have the experimental warframe that would predate the Excalibur frame. What we have is basically a future version based on the results OF that failed experiment. 

My theory on nidus is this. While the Nidus frame seems to possess Infested-like abilities, I do not believe that Nidus IS the infestation, but rather just a shell that contains/directs the infestation within.

The infestation obviously helps Nidus with self/auto-heal and it's abilities, rather than harming it or trying to take control. It mutates and grows stronger inside nidus and yet still allows itself to be used. But why? I believe this could also be a potentially lore-based reason for nidus not having shields. Perhaps it's a symbiotic relationship between the warframe and the contained infestation, where nidus gains it's powers and auto-heal in exchange for either allowing the infestation to siphon energy from what was once the frames built-in shield generator, or perhaps the shield generator was exchanged for some sort of special life-support system that gives the infestation something crucial to it's biology.

Backing away from lore speculation, perhaps this could be an explanation as to why we're allowed to have basically Primed infestation. Where as nidus, as it is now, is just a recreation of the old shell, Nidus Prime would be the Orokins original design for the containment shell

Oh my previous comment was when I was fairly new to the game. Nidus Prime is very much possible.

Nidus Prime is designed to work as the infestation without being the infestation. He's a Helminth construct like all other frames and his design is based on some purpose the Orokin came up with, something his powers would be useful for. Like being able to "reconstruct" himself or unleash parts of himself as some controlled infestation hotspot or to damage enemies at a distance.

Your theory is about as correct as it can get.

The reason why the idea pops up of an actual "infested" frame is because that is how the Myconians percieve it, since their understanding of Warframes and where they come from is zero, or less than that.