The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Disrespectul attitude.

dwqrf

Okay, but there's always two sides to every story.

Often enough, when Twitch viewers says they're "helping" the streamer, what they're really doing is spamming the chat with "Dude, that's so stupid, you should have gone left instead of right there ... no, that was the wrong choice, OMG you are the worst player ever! ... what the hell, you didn't even look in that journal, now you missed it and that was totally the best part of the entire game, you just ruined everything!"

No one likes a backseat gamer and reporting them or banning them from the stream is perfectly acceptable. Not saying that's the case here, since I don't know. Just saying, I'm also not convinced it isn't the case.

13 hours ago, --Q--Voltage said:

Given that one partner advertises glitches and exploits, and other partners can be quite toxic on social media/streams, I assume DE could care less the actions of partners with past precedent. I am not going to shame particular partners because it is against the Forums ToS, but there are multiple Reddit posts and Imgur albums of quite toxic partner behavior. Reporting them is possible to [DE]Taylor/[DE]Aidan, but whether they are reprimanded is a different can of worms.

At no point did I speak to the effectiveness of reporting them, just that there should be ways if doing. 

Please read posts before responding to them. 

Edited by MagPrime

3 hours ago, dwqrf said:

No, i'm not the one being targeted. As stated, i'm just a witness. That's the thing; as a witness, of something way out of line, what are my duties ?

(None ; let it pass by, do nothing, wait until any form of staff member deals with it ?)

Actually, I was a little hasty this morning. I think you have a good point and DE should look into it, because the person was streaming and his actions could have a negative effect on people who don't play Warframe and watched this. He may be guilty of commercial defamation.

By making this thread, you did the right thing.

4 hours ago, dwqrf said:

No, i'm not the one being targeted. As stated, i'm just a witness. That's the thing; as a witness, of something way out of line, what are my duties ?

(None ; let it pass by, do nothing, wait until any form of staff member deals with it ?)

I know you're not the target. And that's why I've been telling you that you have no duties and no obligations. You aren't involved unless you involve yourself, which you have no reason to do. You're a third party with no responsibilities. So like I said, just let it go.

6 hours ago, dwqrf said:

What happens via Twitch is Twitch's business. What happens via Warframe is DE's business. If he harrassed someone in-game that is reportable to DE. If it happened via Twitch, that's none of DE's business.

10 hours ago, dwqrf said:

I still need to clarify the point : If someone make a false report, in game, for "fun", or "fame", to warframe support, while streaming it, what sanctions should be made ?

So, you are saying that the streamer themselves posted a report to Warframe Support on-screen for folks arguing with him on the streaming platform (but not in-game)?

Warframe seems to be attracting a lot immature kids lately. Most of which came from another game. Call of the dirty dirty and other games. I laugh everytime I scroll down through the list trading name list looking for xXmynameisXx. Only to message XxmynameisXx and get a LOL. lollllllllllllllllllllll. Or other immature responses that I shouldn't repeat here. Just have to deal with it and ignore them. 

I heard the most recent titles of destiny and Cod were trash so maybe that's why there is an increase in these type of players. 

1 hour ago, dwqrf said:

I don't work for DE and you should probably consult with a mod.

That said, the behavior described is considered to be griefing —in other games— and I have seen players catch bans for doing it in those games... Or even threatening to as a means to encourage specific behavior(s).

I haven't a clue how it gets done in WF though because folks know that playing with DE too much is a great way to catch a very thorough and lengthy ban.