Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Pc specs for max graphic settings

Lotus_Slayer

Question

6 answers to this question

Depends on the resolution.

For 1080p you prolly don't need more than a Ryzen3 or 4790k and a GTX 700 series or similar.

For 1440p you might need close to a GTX 900 series.

For Ultra Wide 1440p or 4k you'll need more like a Ryzen 5 or 6700k and a GTX 1080.

Any of those specs should keep 60FPS or higher but if you want much higher you'll have to increase the GPUs. By comparison I have one rig that's 6700k with GTX970 OC max settings and can keep  85-100 FPS in plains at 3440x1440p and another with the same CPU and reslution with a 1080 that never drops under 100 which is the frame cap.

Edited by Xzorn

Laptops specs just about never fit the performance because of heat and/or cut corners.

i5 GTX 1050 " should " be plenty for 1080p 60FPS but if it happens to have like a trash hard drive or something you'll get stutters from texture loading. Overclocking is usually out of the question due to heat and often they will throttle even without overclocking so it's hard to get even normal performance. I wouldn't expect much from more graphic intensive games.

Acer, MSI, Asus and Alienware tend to make the better gaming laptops. I have no personal experience with them though. Last laptop I owned was a Gateway Solo Pentium II 233... It had a DvD player and a 56k modem.... Top end at the time and I never liked it.

I do have experience with the brands however. I've owned Acer, MSI and Asus products. MSI and Acer have been good while Asus makes good products but they don't support them very long with firmware or software updates. I had an Asus MB get hit be lightning twice and fried both onboard Ethernet connections but the board still worked so can't complain really. Never messed with Dell.

Edited by Xzorn