Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Folrunhow the Riven Pricechecker Discord bot is now in open beta!

What kind of money could I earn with my riven? How to evaluate rivens in general?
Those and many other questions are very common, but the answers will vary greatly between different players.
Is there any reliable way to calculate prices for any rivens based on stats?
I’d say raw calculations wouldn’t be any good. However, I’m here to present an answer I came up with by myself after hundreds and hundreds of sales and months of analyses of riven trading: a discord riven evaluator bot.
After about half a year of work he’s finally available for open beta at my own server: invite link. Use simple commands to price rivens, check out weapon stats including less known stuff like ammo efficiency and recoil, ask the bot what stats and combos are good and even search for riven sales across the web. And even more! For those of you who don’t need any explanation, who just wants to see everything for themselves, you’re free to just join and test it for yourself. Simply check out #about_the_bot channel or read other players commands to learn how to use it. Pricing part is only valid for PC, not for consoles.

TL;DR Pricecheck your rivens here: https://discord.gg/utrGw2m .

As for those who wants to know more, here’s a quick summary of my thoughts and the bot’s logic:
The bot isn’t really calculating prices as much as he’s referencing a compilation of records and estimations created by me, then edited by me again and my knowledgeable supporters. There’s something that must be understood for anyone relying on any advice about prices: there’s no such a thing as the one single real price and there’s no way to precisely predict lots of things like if there’s a user willing to pay extreme price for otherwise average riven. The bot’s aim is to give a direction: a price range containing the best price which you can expect riven to sell if you advertise it a lot by following his instructions. A price range that would most likely help you in avoiding getting your riven resold by someone with more experience. And yeah, the bot’s advice instructs you where and how to sell that particular riven the best way.
Now as to how does he gets his prices: first of all, he calculates a score for a riven based on its stats. Different weapons follow different patterns (based on crit-viability and slot) and subpatterns (based on deeper specifics). The most weapons share big patterns, some unique ones have their logic hardcoded specifically, like Euphona Prime. Generally, the bot knows everything about any weapon: from in-game stats to recoil, ammo efficiency and relative popularity (called Demand). The latter usually soften penalties for bad negatives like -Status Chance/Duration for popular comboes for ultra-popular weapons if some other conditions align (e.g. Opticor or Lanka, so popular for Eidolon hunting). Based on that pattern the bot gets a score (from 0 to 10) and every score is tied to an estimated price for that tier of riven. Scores 0-2 are Tier 1 prices, 3-4 are Tier 2 price, 5-6 are Tier 3 etc. Each Tier for every weapon has associated price in the bot’s database. That system as the whole functions the best for good to best types of rivens as the actual prices can be gathered from forums and big traders. The latter can also join and tweak those prices based on their own experience if they find them wrong. All the pricechecks are available in the open: anyone can see them and able to voice their opinion if they find something wrong with those.
Scoring patterns system doesn’t come without issues. While in many cases it’s quite easy to say which stats combo is literally top tier, which is tier 4 or 3 and which combo should get the lowest score, it’s not all that simple with middle tier, especially for crit-based secondaries and weird cases like Scoliac. Our goal at the test server is to find all of those troublesome scoring misunderstandings and fix them accordingly. A proper explanation to the bot will fix not one, but dozens of potential imprecisions if that was an error with big pattern. Aside from really busy weeks or pre-big-update weeks, I try to update the bot at least once per 7 to 10 days to ensure that the scores are most fair and any errors we’ve found are properly fixed.
That’s about it. There’s so much to talk about, from statistics, advices, underlying logic to future plans and ideas, but for now I want to close this post without making it into an even bigger wall of text. Btw deeper explanations are written on the server itself at #bot_logic_advanced channel.
If you’ve got any questions, feel free to ask those below or privately (here or on Discord: Folren#0040).
In the end I’d also like to express my deepest gratitude towards all who supported me with the bot’s development: ladies and gentlemen, it’s with your help and feedback that helped in improving the bot so much and are helping every day. Thank you and please continue.

P.S. The bot isn’t available on other servers until we fix all the remaining issues and until I add and reveal many other features. Wait for it.

Edit: Thanks to everyone leaving a comment below and on reddit! I'm really happy to hear all the kind words.  
It's getting really late here and I have to excuse myself now. I'll be back later to go through the bot's results and fix newfound issues as well as reflect on the feedback. Hope you all have a great experience with the bot and cya in a bit.

Edit 2: Back to work!

Edited by Folren

I've been using this bot for quite some time now and i have to say that I'm really happy to see it open for the public. Great and hard job from Folren.Hope all can try and see for them selfs that this is really useful and saves lot's of time (and platinum) for the impatient sellers

Folren has demonstrated superior entrepreneurship qualities with this "start-up" of his, through a lot of sweat and effort.  The result has been impressive.  What remains to be seen is how well Folren will transition from being an ambitious and very capable entrepreneur who has his hands in every part of this project, to "CEO" of a rapidly growing enterprise who masterfully delegates out tasks and assigns Subject Matter Experts to handle the areas in which Folren lacks the time or expertise to manage.  For now, I can endorse--without any reservation--this tool for use with the most popular weapons.  Just keep in mind that the niche weapons have room for improvement, and they WILL improve as more of you join the Discord server and contribute your knowledge and experience to this venture.

55 minutes ago, StrongCrayon said:

Folren has demonstrated superior entrepreneurship qualities with this "start-up" of his, through a lot of sweat and effort.  The result has been impressive.  What remains to be seen is how well Folren will transition from being an ambitious and very capable entrepreneur who has his hands in every part of this project, to "CEO" of a rapidly growing enterprise who masterfully delegates out tasks and assigns Subject Matter Experts to handle the areas in which Folren lacks the time or expertise to manage.  For now, I can endorse--without any reservation--this tool for use with the most popular weapons.  Just keep in mind that the niche weapons have room for improvement, and they WILL improve as more of you join the Discord server and contribute your knowledge and experience to this venture.

dude calm down its a bot to price check in game items, you're not releasing ur IPOs for John Madden

On another note, instead of reinforcing the current price points how about the big traders take steps in convincing digital extremes to actually improve the current state of kuva rolling and the riven system. So that everyone can enjoy riven and actually bring new life to older gear.

Regardless @Folren its really not ur fault but best of luck for the bot.

1 hour ago, Eureka.seveN said:

dude calm down its a bot to price check in game items, you're not releasing ur IPOs for John Madden

On another note, instead of reinforcing the current price points how about the big traders take steps in convincing digital extremes to actually improve the current state of kuva rolling and the riven system. So that everyone can enjoy riven and actually bring new life to older gear.

Regardless @Folren its really not ur fault but best of luck for the bot.

I, for one, welcome our new robot overlords.

Folren's been working on the bot for quite some time now, you'd notice a great deal of difference between what it was when it was rather new and now, if you could see it. It's a really good bot with many features, I use it all the time to get general estimates on pricing for rivens I own. I am very glad to see it go public, so other people can give it a go. Congrats on the launch!

Edited by -Rapwnzel
  • 1 month later...
17 hours ago, Seinra said:

Hey man, your bot will only be available in your server?

Hey, no, it'll be available for invites to other servers at some later date, probably mid-end of June. I'll make a separate post when it'll go public.

• 1 month later...
On 2018-05-20 at 6:48 AM, Folren said:

Hey, no, it'll be available for invites to other servers at some later date, probably mid-end of June. I'll make a separate post when it'll go public.

Hey OP, how's it coming along?  Half way into July.  We want ALL YOUR BASE.  I'll give you a real dollar. ;D  

Understandable it takes time, just looking for an update so we know it's not forgotten 🙂

Edited by Klokwerkaos
19 hours ago, Klokwerkaos said:

Hey OP, how's it coming along?  Half way into July.  We want ALL YOUR BASE.  I'll give you a real dollar. ;D  

Understandable it takes time, just looking for an update so we know it's not forgotten 🙂

By all means, it's not forgotten! I do update the bot frequently and our current server is growing at a good pace. We are soon to reach 10 000 players!
There have been lots of interesting developments as of late, so my focus has been divided into looking into those, but the plan is to invite the bot to a couple big servers soon which will be the first step to make it available everywhere. By "soon" I mean hopefully about 1-2 weeks. Stay tuned!

8 hours ago, Folren said:

By all means, it's not forgotten! I do update the bot frequently and our current server is growing at a good pace. We are soon to reach 10 000 players!
There have been lots of interesting developments as of late, so my focus has been divided into looking into those, but the plan is to invite the bot to a couple big servers soon which will be the first step to make it available everywhere. By "soon" I mean hopefully about 1-2 weeks. Stay tuned!

awesome thanks, if you'll consider us at some point we'd love to incorporate your tech.  We're expanding rapidly but I wouldn't call us a "large server" just clan sized

1 hour ago, Klokwerkaos said:

awesome thanks, if you'll consider us at some point we'd love to incorporate your tech.  We're expanding rapidly but I wouldn't call us a "large server" just clan sized

On the day of making the bot public, I'll be sure to ping everyone on our news channel, so make sure to not miss the ping. Before that, I might also do a performance test of sorts, by adding the bot to volunteering servers before the Day 1 to decrease his future workload and run some performance checks. I can add your server to that list, but you need to leave me some details in private. There's still lots of work to do, but I'm looking forward to seeing the bot helping people out on many different servers.

• 3 weeks later...