Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I'm begging for Skyboxes to be fixed/fog to be removed.

Valkyrie9001

Thank god. Someone actually came forward with how absurd and horrible this feature is. Mars got me. I remember admiring every second of that distant cliffside mining colony while waiting for the rest of my squad to meet me at extraction. Now I feel like throwing up just looking at it. Jupiter was absolutely breathtaking until fog happened. I remember landing on Uranus for the first time way back when Inaros came out and all I did was watch the scenery for a good 10 minutes. The laser going through the clouds, the rock formations, the cities or labs underwater, all of it. Until fog happened. Seriously, this fog has distanced me from the otherwise gorgeous visuals of the game and I've loathed every second I've had to spend looking at it. DE, for the love of the Unum, get rid of the fog, PLEASE

Edited by (XB1)Lightning Silvr

Whilst fixing fog can we get glare/bloom fixed as well?

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1358196356 

That's what it looks like with Bloom and Glare both turned off in settings.

That doesn't look turned off to me. It's all way too bright I mean you can't even see what I'd be aiming at let alone the gun itself. It's entirely obscured!

I don't even have a problem with the fog, I couldn't care less about it. But the blinding lights that can't be removed are a bit more of an issue. Have you tried 4 man eidolon hunting? It's so bad at night that several times during the fight I have to blink away dark spots in my vision because of the blinding lights, the glare, the freaking lens flare and bloom that I CANNOT DISABLE.

• 4 weeks later...

It would be awesome if we could get a few more demanding graphics options for HIGH-END PCs. View Distance Slider(up to plains distances at best quality), Skyboxes On/Off, Enemy Draw Distance(that one is debatible for fairness reasons) I completely understand wanting to appeal to a wide audience and have your game be playable by average to low-end PCs and I am glad that some of my friends can play because of that accesibility.

That being said, I decided to rebuilt my PC again last November and the first thing I wanted to throw at it was my favorite game, Warframe. I threw the graphics to max(as they always were before lol) and set a 144fps limit(my monitor's refresh rate)with Riva Tuner Statistics Server locking my fps. I was hoping it would be butter smooth like it was but though "Alright, I hit my mark but I wonder how much it's strugling to stay there.". I turned off the limiter to see when, to my surprise, it was fluctuating between the 200 and 300+. Basically, I viewed it as unused potential visual quality because my rig wasn't struggling as much as I'd like it too(lol what that sounded kinda mean). 

I think the game looks great when you're looking at things within a 50m area and sometimes even 200m-300m(plains) around you but I strongly think not only myself but many other players with a hobby for gaming and a bit of $$$ invested into a good :zenurik:energy:zenurik: consuming space hea- I mean....good gaming PC would LOVE the ability to remove some of the game's current restraints.

I'm not demanding anything but my computer might go on strike if there's not enough work for it to do. :clem:But seriously I'll still play this game for a long time regardless of what happens. Just something I thought about for a little bit now. What do you guys think about a "High-End Mode" that you can turn on or opt.-in to? It could even display a "Warning: For experimental use. Your experiences WILL vary." Something of the Black Desert Online variety. Yes, I know everything in Warframe is already "Experimental" in a way so...nya nya nya! lol! :P

• 3 months later...
On 2018-04-05 at 4:22 AM, FlatDevice said:

Holy CRAP, I didn't realize how dramatically that fog was screwing up the looks of the game; I thought it was just the dojo looking hazy, but no -- it's everything.  That's insane.  DE, please do fix.  

It's becomign a functionality issue !!  Can't see anything in order to play.  Who the hell thought it would be "awesome" to make visibility so opaque that it would begin to turn players off from playing the game ?

DE FIX THE DAMNED FOG AND SMOKE AND OTHER VISUAL GASEOUS OBSTRUCTIONS THAT YOU HAVE INTRODUCED LATELY.  It's one thing to introduce passive visuals that do not intgerfere with game play. But wholly another thing when some "trigger happy" dev or group of devs think it's "cool" and don't bother playing the levels that they've essentially hosed for people that have less than optimal eyesight.

Does Canada have Accessibility Laws ?

This was archived last winter, but IS STILL relevant:

https://forums.warframe.com/topic/876390-ugly-fog-now-in-being-inserted-into-other-maps/

Which leads me to another point -- why does DE lock a relevant thread 6-8 months out ?  This just spawns more and mroe repeat threads that waste effort as they are scattered in different locations.

Edited by uberfu

Ah Christ, that Uranus one got me. I recently noticed how awfully barren it seemed, and I while never even really looked out at the above water skybox when it was there, I'm now feeling an awful sense of missing something.

On 2018-04-12 at 5:55 AM, Ssalem said:

The fog must go.

I miss being able to see the distant scenery - or enemies for that matter. I bet it's eating FPS like crazy too.

I imagine it's actually part of their optimizations. It's not a dynamic fog, but something to reduce the amount of things the game's drawing. That said, as Jackalope above said, they really must add some better options for people who don't play on potatos and would not mind running their systems a bit hotter for a much nicer looking game. I play this at 120 fps steadily, outside of playing online with laggy people ( and that should be looked into as well, FPS absolutely dying depending on the player connections), and I know my computer would be able to handle a foliage draw distance longer than 20 feet out on the Plains, and all this fog removed except when explicitly used.

Furthermore, a lot of their revisions in various tilesets when they launched the War Within and "volumetric lighting" was a load of crap. Nothing but essentially alpha textures placed along the maps, no actual lighting or shadows being cast. "Faux fog". I understand a lot of that is done in the name of optimization, but just having the options there and the techniques actually being used would be so appreciated.