Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Legion of Tau: Undying Crusade 5.1 | Face your greatest adversary yet- SENTIENT NEMESIS System is here! Earn new unique EVOLUTION MODS! Generate your own Sentient Knight's name!

Almighty_Jado

1 hour ago, Almighty_Jado said:

Also to double check, I assume that the Blue Zone is where players spawn in when they first load into the hub world?

You would be correct in that. Although the small circle connecting to the main area looks a little janky as it is now so I might change that around a bit.

I've also been brainstorming names and decided something in reference to a spear would be best (since the Tenno and other residents of the Origin System are spearheading an offensive into Sentient territory).

Top three options right now are:
Yarus
Partisa
Doru

Hmmm... personally Yarus stands out to me cause it makes me imagine an assault on Tau in a small family hatchback :clem:

53 minutes ago, Unus said:

What are the stories behind the three names?

Yarus is in reference to the Japanese spear, the Yari.

Partisa is in reference to a European spear known as the Partisan.

Doru is in reference to the Greek spear used by the Hoplites, the Dory.

47 minutes ago, Almighty_Jado said:

Yarus is in reference to the Japanese spear, the Yari.

Partisa is in reference to a European spear known as the Partisan.

Doru is in reference to the Greek spear used by the Hoplites, the Dory.

Ah, my expectations were definitely aiming towards Gungir, though I can understand the Persian or Japanese approach.

Time for our first major NPC in the Tau Hub World!

Introducing Quill Rhett Primary! He's a younger member of the Quills, but by no means less experienced. He's seen the outcome of many battles that have happened, are happening, and are to happen. A very special thanks to my concept artist @rabbitsandroses for doing up the initial art for Rhett!

Quill Rhett Primary by AlmightyJado

This is a list of wares that Rhett will provide. This is subject to change! I may add more rewards at a later point. Right now, only the descriptions are provided until I get the artwork and math for them done.

SECTORATH PRISM (5,000ReputationBlackx64)[Requires Adherent]

A high-rotation beam interrupter allows for rapid fire bolts. Prism gyroscope accelerates over time.

SODORAH SCAFFOLD (5,000ReputationBlackx64)[Requires Adherent]

Highly flammable compressed gases in the sides of the scaffold are ignited to cover the battlefield with patches of fire.

RAMI BRACE (5,000ReputationBlackx64)[Requires Adherent]

Particle acceleration gates increase speed and range of attacks while also increasing effectiveness of longer range strikes.

LUKUS PRISM (7,500ReputationBlackx64)[Requires Instrument]

Electron collector fields generated by this prism interact with Void power to send out deadly orbs of energy.

DARKON SCAFFOLD (7,500ReputationBlackx64)[Requires Instrument]

Tachyon stabilizers and a double-folded, prisma coated launching cabinet send out highly damaging globules of plasma mines.

CHOKO BRACE (7,500ReputationBlackx64)[Requires Instrument]

A small onboard targeting computer analyzes strikes delivered to increase potency of follow-up shots.

ARYIDA PRISM (9,000ReputationBlackx64)[Requires Architect]
Twin charge rails fire precise bolts in rapid succession. Kinetic reverberators bend spacetime around initial shot while increasing intensity of the second.

ANDROKH SCAFFOLD (9,000ReputationBlackx64)[Requires Architect]
Void amplification spines are launched from a induction tube at high velocity to inflict deep wounds.

POGORTAK BRACE (9,000ReputationBlackx64)[Requires Architect]

Demonite conductor with embedded Veridos shards allow a transfer of energy into the user.

BATTALYST SCARE-SENTIENT (50,000ReputationBlackx64)[Requires Instrument]
Adorn the halls of your Orbiter with the bones of a Sentient.

LEKALYST SCARE-SENTIENT (50,000ReputationBlackx64)[Requires Instrument]
Adorn the halls of your orbiter with the bones of a Sentient.

RANJALYST SENTINEL SKIN (100,000ReputationBlackx64)[Requires Architect]
An ever-adapting little friend who will stick with you through thick and thin.

KORAKI CUIRASS BLUEPRINT (7,500ReputationBlackx64)[Requires Adherent]
Nimble, flexible armour worn by Quills who answer the call to action.

FAFAL CUIRASS (7,500ReputationBlackx64)[Requires Adherent]

Gilded armour coated in aggressive spines, perfect for any Tenno warrior.

KORAKI PAULDRONS BLUEPRINT (10,000ReputationBlackx64)[Requires Instrument]

FAFAL PAULDRONS (10,000ReputationBlackx64)[Requires Instrument]

KORAKI HELMET BLUEPRINT (12,500ReputationBlackx64)[Requires Architect]

FAFAL HELMET (12,500ReputationBlackx64)[Requires Architect]

ZORDALYST KEY (100,000ReputationBlackx64)[Requires Architect]
Proudly show off your Sentient slaying skills with this amputated limb for your Orbiter.

RAZELYST SKULL (100,000ReputationBlackx64)[Requires Architect]
Display your might over the Sentients’ best with this decapitated head for your Orbiter.

TAU CETI SCENE (100,000ReputationBlackx64)[Requires Architect]

Unlocks this scene for use in Captura Mode, accessed through the Warframe Appearance tab in the Arsenal.

The Quills have sent one of their representatives, Rhett, to accompany the Tenno on their offensive to Tau.
Players will retain any and all standing with the Quills that they have already achieved with the Quills on Cetus for use with the Quills on Tau. Rhett's wares include not only the list of items above, but also all Magus and Virtuous arcanes already available to players on Cetus. Rhett provides similar services as Onkko: players can guild and build amps, exchange Sentient Cores for standing, etc.

Quotes and ware artwork coming soon! In the meantime, let me know your first impressions on our sixth member of the Quills!
Also, @rabbitsandroses will be bringing in some more neat artwork for The Legion of Tau soon... it HAS been a while since we've had any new enemies...!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Almighty_Jado said:

Snip Snap

The ariety in descriptions amazes me xD Never thought taht a cabinet could be used to describe a firearm so well. 

Anyway, as far as I can understand the amp parts osfar, they sound great and each accomplish a unique idea. The only one I'd change is the Sodorah Scaffold's description to say something like "Void fused gases" to show that it still does Void damage. A tiny if insignificant detail but can't hurt to add nonetheless. 

Also, Sentient decorations for the orbiter. Genius! I will have a rod of them Saluting me to my arsenal. AND I DEMAND THE SENTINEL SKIN ARTWORK IMMEDIATLEY!! I want a little guy that transforms into a vacuum as I use carrier. I want a Dyson hovering above my head at all times. Adapt and Survive people!

Anyway, I love him, Can't wait for damage numbers and other stats. (Also I reckon there should be a quill member who's hat is like a sombrero, just saying)

7 hours ago, (PS4)TwistedInstincts said:

Never thought taht a cabinet could be used to describe a firearm so well. 

What can I say? 😛 it’s basically a compartment, but compartment didn’t seem to sound as interesting when I wrote it. I guess people can meme with it if they wish 😄

AND I DEMAND THE SENTINEL SKIN ARTWORK IMMEDIATLEY!! I want a little guy that transforms into a vacuum as I use carrier. I want a Dyson hovering above my head at all times

😅Actually The Ranjalyst’s design pretty much already exists. If you check the main post, go to the enemies tab and look for the Isalyst and Ranjalyst combo, you’ll see the little guy floating around in the image! I’ll be drawing a closer up, higher detailed version though, but for the most part his design is done. I try to make things ez for myself where I can >:P

Void fused gases

Good idea. Will do.

sombrero

Olé!

EDIT: You can actually see the Lukus prism Here in lukin_u’s artwork! I’m only copying his design, hence the namesake of the Prism.

Edited by Almighty_Jado

I do actually realize that the descriptions of these amp components are rather ambiguous (as they’re more lore-centric than informative) so here’s a quick number free look at each component’s function.

Sectorath Prism: Low damage, full auto, low firerate primary fire that ramps up in firerate as you hold down the trigger.

Lukus Prism: Launches orbs that behave similarly to The BFG’s projectiles from DOOM; main projectile does heavy damage but travels slowly, constantly shooting little lightning bolts off of it to damage enemies nearby the projectile.

Aryida Prism: Burst fire, fires 2 shots in one trigger pull. First of the 2 shots deals significantly less damage but has high status chance while the second shot has high critical chance.

Sodorah Scaffold: launches a projectile similar to Grineer Napalms’ or the Ogris+Nightwatch Napalm.

Darkon Scaffold: launches bomb-like projectiles with similar behaviour to the Quanta Series’ alternate fire.

Androkh Scaffold: fires out actual missiles/darts/arrows propelled by the Void and deals damage over time.

Rami Brace: Pretty simple, faster projectile speed for projectile based amps like the Granmu’s grenades, or higher range for hitscan/beam amps like the Klebrik’s fire. Increases the damage you can deal if you’re far away (similarly to the bonus from the Spring Loaded Broadhead mod for the Daikyu).

Choko Brace: Grants a stacking critical chance/status chance buff against a certain target for a few seconds with every consecutive hit on them. Attacking a different enemy will reset the buff.

Pogortak Brace: Damage dealt with the amp restores energy to your Operator (for use with Void Mode, Void Dash, etc).

Hopefully this clears things up while I finalize the more specifics 🙂

25 minutes ago, Almighty_Jado said:

Hopefully this clears things up while I finalize the more specifics 🙂

This does clear up some of the stuff I was wondering about. thanks kindly good sir. Now that I understand exactly how these parts work I can easily see some different builds coming into play. 

I assume old Amp parts would be compatible with these ones? If so the Rami Brace (ProjectileSpeed/Beam Range) would be my immediate go to for the Schwaak Prism and Darkon Scaffold. Shotguns and Grenades EVERYWHERE!

Also, I didn't respond to it earlier, but if you are still looking for that Perrin Sequence rifle then by all means use the EMPOWR concept. Would make me feel better having an actual finished concept contributed instead of half a map xD :clem:

Sadly no, but maybe one day they will notice me on PrimeTime or something

Notice him Senpai.

Also, in regards to the hub world. Would you mind giving me a list of aesthetic things you would like added/viewable there. If I can place those in I can start to really work out the final shapes of the areas. So far I have:

- Medical Bays (Which would likely be in the main area or the Green section).
- Battle Viewing Platforms. Located on sections of the surrounding wall.
- Containment facilities for captured sentient enemies. (Optional)
- Generic decorations such as Boxes, Explosives, Supplies, Data/Info Terminals, Screens with Combat Displays etc.
- One shrine dedicated to the God of my Clan; The Rice God.   (My Clans name is 'Half Price Rice is Nice')

2 hours ago, (PS4)TwistedInstincts said:

Notice him Senpai.

Also, in regards to the hub world. Would you mind giving me a list of aesthetic things you would like added/viewable there. If I can place those in I can start to really work out the final shapes of the areas. So far I have:

- Medical Bays (Which would likely be in the main area or the Green section).
- Battle Viewing Platforms. Located on sections of the surrounding wall.
- Containment facilities for captured sentient enemies. (Optional)
- Generic decorations such as Boxes, Explosives, Supplies, Data/Info Terminals, Screens with Combat Displays etc.
- One shrine dedicated to the God of my Clan; The Rice God.   (My Clans name is 'Half Price Rice is Nice')

Just a few more things to add:

-a few unmanned Vaykor Ramparts (essentially just ramparts with a white Steel Meridian paintjob)

-crashed Liset somewhere, can be partially stripped of parts

-also moving the medical bay to/adding a medical bay to the red area may be good. I could see the Steel Meridian with some medical tech

-for the mining/fishing thing I’m hoping to draw up the special Sentient fish you can catch on Tau soon, and they can be displayed kind of. My idea is that since Tau Ceti was basically a barren world devoid of life, part of the Sentient’s Terraforming technique was developing artificial ecosystems. As a result, wildlife created by the Sentients like fish could help keep the waters clean and blah blah blah insert bs environmental pseudoscience here

-possibly an area for players to access their foundry so that they don’t have to return to their Orbiter every time they want to build something 

2 hours ago, Almighty_Jado said:

Just a few more things to add:

-a few unmanned Vaykor Ramparts (essentially just ramparts with a white Steel Meridian paintjob)

-crashed Liset somewhere, can be partially stripped of parts

-also moving the medical bay to/adding a medical bay to the red area may be good. I could see the Steel Meridian with some medical tech

-for the mining/fishing thing I’m hoping to draw up the special Sentient fish you can catch on Tau soon, and they can be displayed kind of. My idea is that since Tau Ceti was basically a barren world devoid of life, part of the Sentient’s Terraforming technique was developing artificial ecosystems. As a result, wildlife created by the Sentients like fish could help keep the waters clean and blah blah blah insert bs environmental pseudoscience here

-possibly an area for players to access their foundry so that they don’t have to return to their Orbiter every time they want to build something 

That rampart idea is brilliant, and the crashed Liset sounds great, RIP frame inside. Moving the medical bay is a smart idea, should have thought of that.

Whilst the idea of custom fish is in the air, having a rare form of each fish that adapts like the sentients could be a cool way to mix up the fishing gameplay on occasion. A rarer, maybe larger, version of a normal fish that becomes resistant to a certain spear type after being hit by it. Catching one could reward you with higher amounts of fish materials or perhaps an enhanced version of their unique materials. Eg: 'Razor Sharak Teeth' or 'Charc Plasmaplax'. (I mean I really enjoy the fishing but it gets a bit monotonous on occasion).

Perhaps there could be a 'Mobile Utility Center' located in one of the large shipping crates in the warehouse. Players could enter it by interacting with the door which loads them into a new space that is essentially the orbiter with Foundry, Arsenal and Mod station. This would allow these utilities to adapt to each players account without interfering with other players. 

32 minutes ago, (PS4)TwistedInstincts said:

Whilst the idea of custom fish is in the air, having a rare form of each fish that adapts like the sentients could be a cool way to mix up the fishing gameplay on occasion. A rarer, maybe larger, version of a normal fish that becomes resistant to a certain spear type after being hit by it. Catching one could reward you with higher amounts of fish materials or perhaps an enhanced version of their unique materials. Eg: 'Razor Sharak Teeth' or 'Charc Plasmaplax'. (I mean I really enjoy the fishing but it gets a bit monotonous on occasion).

Ah yes, my design philosophy for the fishing on Tau was going to be that fishing is completely optional for progression.

Unlike PoE and likely Fortuna, the fish caught on Tau would not have special organs to extract when gutted for use as crafting materials. Instead, you can take the fish to the vendor and dismantle them for already existing materials, some special global Tau resources, credits, and endo. This would make it so that players who enjoy fishing can fish, but players who do not like fishing can avoid is altogether. Of course, fishing is the only way to acquire those trophies and fish tank fillers that people will undoubtedly want!

Besides, realistically Tau is a war zone, and I would like to deemphasize non-combat related activities.  

I had a dream last night, so I can’t remember all the details. But I think it would go good here so I’ll put it here:

I’m racing through corridors (can’t remember where or why) because someone’s life is on the line and it’s a race against time to complete the mission.

Halfway there, I get contacted by an Orokin Executor (maybe Ballas maybe not, I can’t remember) with an offer of help, but both the operator (me) and Ordis having some harsh words for him, with Ordis shifting into Ordan Karris halfway through his dialogue. But somehow I have a gut instinct that the only one I can trust is a green, gremlin-like (maybe?) creature/alien who knows a good deal about the Void and my abilities.

9 minutes ago, Almighty_Jado said:

Ok...? I fail to see how this is relevant to my thread

At least you have people commenting on your stuff. That stuff is pretty cool by the way.

One thing kind of bothers me though. You called that big boss guy who can enter data scapes "the Zordalyst" and I was under the impression that "-lyst" meant that the Sentient in question is only a fragment (like the Conculysts and Battalysts are fragments of Hunhow). So, wouldn't it make more sense, if he was called somewhat differently? Definitely would make him stand out more.

Ok...? I fail to see how this is relevant to my thread

I've had a similar experience. Filled with such glee, then, revelation that it's some kinda unrelated posting.

Wait. . . THATS the same guy from my Thread piece!

2 hours ago, HugintheCrow said:

One thing kind of bothers me though. You called that big boss guy who can enter data scapes "the Zordalyst" and I was under the impression that "-lyst" meant that the Sentient in question is only a fragment (like the Conculysts and Battalysts are fragments of Hunhow). So, wouldn't it make more sense, if he was called somewhat differently? Definitely would make him stand out more.

My idea is that Hunhow himself is a species/model of Sentient that there are many more of. The Zordalyst is a different species/model of Sentient as well. The reason why he doesn't have a name is because there are multiple of him. I mean, a Zordalyst could have an actual name like Hunhow does, but in the end it's irrelevant because the player could very well be killing 7 different Zordalysts in the same day. Zordalysts also aren't powerful enough in and of themselves to be a full boss anyways.

Kinda imagine the Zordalyst as a Juggernaut.

Sorry for kind of the scatterbrained, rambly reply. I guess the TL;DR is that "-lyst' refers to a model of Sentient in my opinion and that there is more than one Zordalyst in existence

Edited by Almighty_Jado