The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

An idea to decrease relic trash.

Fallen_Echo

Hello there, Tenno!

I guess everybody is familiar with this story, relic run radshare to be specific. You go in do your best get all reactants while Lotus continously tells you what to do on your 345th relic run.

Finally the objective is complete and the rewards roll in to choose from:

2x forma blueprints, vasto prime receiver and a braton prime barrel. Its trash, you wasted your traces on getting a few ducats or getting another forma blueprint what seems to be pouring out of the void.

You ask yourself, why cant i just get rid of the common trash? Why cant i get something more valuable for my efforts?

This is where this idea comes in. I would like to introduce Darvo's latest deal, the Relic Splitter!

The Relic Splitter has been made by honest corpus scientists who wanted to share their marvelous invention. This system originally designed to tore warframes into pieces has been found to be capatable of removing certain items from the void. Whoever comes by Darvo's shop can buy a system access point to donate items to the corpus charity "Grofit for the poor misfits".

I know what you think about, why would i want to give away the potential rewards of my hard earned relics? Well if helping the poor and hungry is not enough for you here's something.

Relics cant stay empty, that would destabilize them and would create a small scale void collapse. To avoid the destruction and death we need to put in something in the place of the removed item.  It doesnt matter what is put inside but we do know that materials seems to be duplicating themselves in the void.

How does it work? We have no idea all we know is that whatever is put in gets out doubled.

Lets say for example you have a Lith A1 relic. You dont need any of the common rewards so you buy a splitter and replace the common rewards with 1 argon, 1 nitain and 200 kuva. This 3 material enters the relic and get placed randomly inside. The next time you open this relic instead of the standard common rewards you could get 2 argon, 2 nitain or 400 kuva and this is only the basic spiltter.

If you are willing to help the poor we have splitters what are able to pump more materials into your relics or variants what offer bigger multiplers if you sacrafice some rarer rewards.

The initial system consist of 3 levels of material insertion and 3 levels depending on the rarity of the items you are willing to sacrafice.

The insertion with each level is able to put in 1 more of the harder materials and 100 more of the lighter ones while the rarity affects how much void energy your materials get in contact so the rarer the rewards the better is the multipler, common items get doubled, uncommon ones get x3 multipler while the rare ones get x4 multipler.

Sadly we can only split out 3 items any more increases the risk of creating a collapse.

If you are interested in more detail or want to comment on this new technology please feel free to.

2 minutes ago, Fallen_Echo said:

Lets say for example you have a Lith A1 relic. You dont need any of the common rewards so you buy a splitter and replace the common rewards with 1 argon, 1 nitain and 200 kuva. This 3 material enters the relic and get placed randomly inside. The next time you open this relic instead of the standard common rewards you could get 2 argon, 2 nitain or 400 kuva and this is only the basic spiltter.

What if the player thinks Nitain is a trash reward because they've already farmed tons of the stuff? Or Argon for that matter, since they don't need it for anything at the moment and it's going to decay and become actually worth nothing. None of the rewards you suggest have a Ducat value either, so....

My point is that your argument is entirely subjective to your opinion, that common prime parts are less useful than other items you suggest. Common rewards in any scenario are necessary in order to make rarer rewards actually rare. If there's an easy way to guarantee their acquisition, rare items aren't rare items.

1 hour ago, SenorClipClop said:

What if the player thinks Nitain is a trash reward because they've already farmed tons of the stuff? Or Argon for that matter, since they don't need it for anything at the moment and it's going to decay and become actually worth nothing. None of the rewards you suggest have a Ducat value either, so....

My point is that your argument is entirely subjective to your opinion, that common prime parts are less useful than other items you suggest. Common rewards in any scenario are necessary in order to make rarer rewards actually rare. If there's an easy way to guarantee their acquisition, rare items aren't rare items.

Thats the best part, the materials you want to swap in here is entirely your choice. If you need criotic, plastids and poly you can freely swap them out, im not sure about you but i would be happy if i could get a bunch of cells from someones relic when theres only trash in the list.

Hell im sure i would replace all forma rewards with kuva and nitain in my relics, also as i said you dont need to swap out three things you can swap out 2 or 1 if you like.

I think the current system is mostly fine the way it is. There's no use making the game even more complex when problems can be solved in easier ways. 

Just give us x2 the current Void Traces per run, and also give us the ability to directly sell raw or refined unwanted Relics for Ducats.

Edited by KitMellow