Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Total Lures for Teralyst

DustyScrolls

Question

Hello,

So, I'm getting ready to do my first eidolon runs with my equally inexperienced clanmates, and I've always been confused about something. I know that you need to have a lure attached to the eidolon so it doesn't teleport away, then you need two to capture it. Does the lure used to prevent teleportation get destroyed in the process, meaning you need 3 total?

What about the stronger eidolons?

Thanks!

6 answers to this question

You need one charged (blue) lure in range of an edilon to stop it porting away. You need 2 charged lures to capture it in the end for better rewards. You need 3 for the other two edilons to capture them. Lures dont get destroyed excepts for when capturing (the lures drop the rewards) or if their hp reaches 0.

For a full run, you need a total of eight: Two for Teralyst, three each for Gantulyst and Hydrolyst.

If any lures are attached, it prevents them from fleeing.

Typically, Trinity will gather 7 lures while the rest of the party gets one, charges it, and engages the Teralyst. By the time the Teralyst reaches its healing phase, the Trinity will have the 7 lures and be back in time to charge them on the rush of Vomvalysts. You'll need to have the minimum number of lures charged and attached when the eidolon dies in order to get the capture rewards.

3 minutes ago, DustyScrolls said:

Hello,

So, I'm getting ready to do my first eidolon runs with my equally inexperienced clanmates, and I've always been confused about something. I know that you need to have a lure attached to the eidolon so it doesn't teleport away, then you need two to capture it. Does the lure used to prevent teleportation get destroyed in the process, meaning you need 3 total?

What about the stronger eidolons?

Thanks!

You can break up to 3 limbs with just one fully charged lure. You will need to have a second lure present and fully charged by the time you break the last limb. 

For the 2 newer Eidolons you can start with one charged lure but will need three charged lures after breaking the 5th limb and before the 6th limb.

If I were you guys/gals I would get one charged lure each and see how the first fight goes. If a little rough or it takes more than 20 minutes go to Cetus and redo the Terralyst. If you can finish him off in 15 minutes or less then go collect one lure a piece again and then to the shrine in the middle of the big lake and spawn in the next Eidolon.

1st Eidolon need 2 charged lures to be captured. 2nd and 3rd Eidolon need 3 lures each to be captured.

Charged lures has blue icon on a lure, yellow icon means the lure is not fully charged.

1 charged lure is enough to hold any Eidolon in place not letting them teleport away. But you need the above amount before you break their last joint else it will considered a kill instead of a capture.

Lures only get destroyed after the Eidolon has been captured.  2 destroyed for the 1st Eidolon, 3 destroyed for the 2nd and 3rd Eidolon.

Lures do not get destroyed if they are attached to broken joints, or breaking the joints.

16 hours ago, (XB1)Thang Hung said:

You can break up to 3 limbs with just one fully charged lure. You will need to have a second lure present and fully charged by the time you break the last limb. 

Unless it has changed with the recent update, you can break all four limbs with just one lure present.  You just need a second lure present and fully charged when the killing blow is struck.