Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Feedback On The New Phobos Tileset [Add Yours Here!]

Phoenix86

So i'm making this topic to give my feedback about the new Grineer's map

and, hopefully, to gather also other's feedback here to make dev's work easier!

I'll try to divide this in arguments and underline important parts:

- Technical stuff:

This new tileset shows several small glitches, texture bugs and other little errors, a guy made a nice topic about it, since i wont repeat myself i'll just give credits to him and post the link to his topic:

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/94452-grineer-garrison-explorafun-feedback-suggestion-glitch-report/

- Aestetichal stuff:

Must say that the map is eye stunning, the environment is really well made and for the first time we can see wildlife in warframe (those desert skaters remind me of a mix between a Manta and a Facehugger).

Both internal and external ambients are well enlightened, rich of details when it comes to grineer's ship parts and objects but lack a bit when watching the skybox or the backgroundbox (reminds me of poor image files in Unreal Tournament 2003/2004, we are in 2013 guys!).

Beside this and the few errors showed in the previous point i think this new tileset is the most good looking, the enemy units are well made too but, as always, the AI must be improved to give us proper challange.

- Gaming stuff:

The maps are big... maybe a bit too much (i'd suggest to overall reduce them by 1/3)...

we've spend a fair amount of time exploring it, every corner, every hole in the first 2 missions and when we reached the 3rd, noticing it was exactly the same, we began to rush it...

The map is too big, we spent too much time running and skipping foes, i would have divided it in 2 smaller but different tilesets to gain more variety and 'suprise' than making 1 only bigger map...

At the moment stopping and killing is not rewarding and we arent turists roaming around doing photos... the map looks great but is not gaming efficient, that's what i'm trying to say, you are risking to waste all this precious, hard, good work because of this.

- Future uses:

This new tileset introduces:

- a new environment, the Desert;

- new npc, Desert Skaters;

- not_so_new boss drops, weapons through parts and not materials;

These new stuff bring new interesting opportunities:

- future new open space environments such as Forests, Icy Lands, Volcano Lands, Ruined City Lands;

- a new warframe, Sand-Wind based;

- unique weapon's drops from each boss in addition to frame's BPs;

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So well, this is my feedback, add your here!

PS: Toughts about the boss, spoiler alert!

I tought the final boss fight was an experimental giant Desert Skater,

i was a bit disappointed when i saw Vor and Kril...

About the tiles, loved them, but like you mentioned, too big, and imo, confusing, i got lost several time when my minimap was pointing one direction while i needed to go to the other.

The environment details are astonishing but that isn't something new coming from DE.

My main issue is, that i don't know if it's a bug or not, but when i faced Vor and Krill, i killed Vor and the mission objective finished, and i was ordered to go to extraction. Is Krill even killeable? I was doing 0 damage to him, even to the cryopack on his back. Either you can't kill Vor first, or something went wrong

EDIT: Sorry, forgot to mention the REAL problem of the Grineer Settlements... The level range. 30-40? Seriously, i was really expecting to get a T3 level settlement. :/

Edited by Endrance

honestly im kinda bummed about the desert tileset

no sandstorms

new critter desert skate is IMHO garbage (not original and just dumb non-threatening)

jetpack grineer is decent though, dont wanna forget to mention that (should give them sobeks/heks imho)

just compared to the corpus ice outpost and the grineer galleon (both of which are AWESOME tilesets), this new tileset really feels lacking in comparison, i feel like DE dropped the ball big time on this one =[

EDIT: i wanna say that maybe i was too harsh at first glance, the more i run around the more i like the desert tileset

i still think it should have a red sky instead of the clear blue (not going to get into how mars has a thin atmosphere and is WAY bigger than the tiny rock that phobos and deimos are)

and im also happy about the addition of the grineer informers back into the game, the combo of the dmg buff to nearby grineer and the map fuzz is pretty cool

still think the skates are garbage tho, just dont like em

Edited by CY13ERPUNK

jetpack grineer is decent though, dont wanna forget to mention that (should give them sobeks/heks imho)

just compared to the corpus ice outpost and the grineer galleon (both of which are AWESOME tilesets), this new tileset really feels lacking in comparison, i feel like DE dropped the ball big time on this one =[

Jetpack grineer is really cool, i like to aim at them, release my arrow and they fly/jum away

As for the Drone, that they re-added since the informant event, i feel them lacking, they could give them a few skills, like the AoE stomp from Heavy grineer units.

As for the tileset, i don't feel that they made a bad work, i honestly liked. Although i prefer corpus ice, this ones are great as well

I like the whole Dunesque feel to it, the whole of Grineer

remind me of Harkonnen and Strogg, not bad refereces in any way!

I got confused by the waypoints though, and got trapped behind a climbable wall-net. Beware! I had to quit, since

it was unescapable from the inside :(

Allso, the enemies on the mini-map are really hard to see.

And I never want to play this with rushing vets ever again.

They blasted through it, sentinels killing the enemies before I had a chance to see them.

Will play solo and smell the roses soon.

Allso, any chance for non-fighting locales? Its a Settlement.

But maby in later maps?

The map is NOT too big, the map is NOT too big, THE MAP IS NOT TOO BIG.

I mean aren't you tired of all tiny corpus corridors already?

And in general the tileset compared to others looks graet and unique, but it still doesn't introduce something very refreshing besides wildlife. What about hazards? sandstorms?

WHEN ARE WE GOING TO HAVE NON LINEAR LEVELS?

Edited by Aure7

The map is NOT too big, the map is NOT too big, THE MAP IS NOT TOO BIG.

I mean aren't you tired of all tiny corpus corridors already?

You are mistaken, the problem arent open spaces... i love them, it's simply big in its totality!

Hope you got it

Quick input, but I feel the eviscerator is not as threatening on this map as it has more open running space, whereas the galleon is very claustrophobic and the blades tend to be more chaotic.

Like OP said AI needs work still. A clanmate said they thought they saw an eviscerator use angles which is awesome if its true, but I think the grineer need to be in squads that interact to take you out. I may have said this in previous posts, but creating a unique situation battling different group compositions working in different ways depending on number and enemy variety would be intersting.

Grineer shield wall with a crowd with gunners and snipers taking firing position, getting surpressed by gunners and eviscerators, shotgunners, heavy gunners, and flammers closing the gap while there is roller distraction, while jet pack guys either flank or flush out tenno with rocket barrage(accuracy needs improvement)

I enjoy the idea of wildlife threats, but they need some sort of pack interaction too!

OH and quicker grinneer aiming please!

Edited by Tsrintox

You are mistaken, the problem arent open spaces... i love them, it's simply big in its totality!

Hope you got it

so 100% of your gameplay consists of pure rushing? You must be having so much fun with this game!

Grineers also needs to be quicker in simple run/walk, we overwhelm them too easly because they all look like half asleep

so 100% of your gameplay consists of pure rushing? You must be having so much fun with this game!

Nop, but i recognize when something gets boring, running through the desert can be fun for a few times...

after that "it's just another map" we are players, not turists as i said.

I've taken my time to explore the map a couple times, found it's always the same, proceeded to speedup things,

i dont see anything wrong

Edited by Phoenix86

I absolutely LOVE the new tileset!  Desert environments have always been my favorite in games.  The Gerudo Desert, the Dalmasca Sands, the Ashlands, Diablo Act II...  if only they'd make an Elder Scrolls in Hammerfell!

Anyway, love it.  Well Done.  Phobos is totally Soldier with Kurt Russel.  Freaking brilliant.

A suggestion for the next new tileset:  my friends and I are thinking rainforest.  Don't know if it would fit the lore, but how great would that be?  Frame in the jungle would be very Predator like.

My only complaint, frankly, is that the place is way too cloudy and murky from the sandstorm. I could hardly see the guys I was shooting. Could the sandstorm be toned down just a little? I also think having a clearer sky might be nice looking

Personally, I love the new tileset.  I like the added environment taking damage, I love the huge cannons firing, and I love the huge valleys with settlements off in the distance.  Great job guys!  The new Greneer Hellion is a fun new enemy type.  Too many of the "new" Greneer are just old greneer with a new weapon, but this guy is fun to play against.  One almost killed me in my Rhino when I couldn't see where he was shooting me from.

I agree with some comments that it would be nice if the level range were either higher or more spread out, but I suppose honestly you can use your low level gear or just take off mods if you want a harder challenge.

The maps are far from 'too big'. I was so relieved to see such open areas contrasted by the short canals, hallways, and encoves; it was (for me) really immersive.

The skrates/skates, w/e their called, are nice in that its great to finally see some envisioned wildlife. They are however, quite useless in terms of threat-level and damage. Maybe a small buff or new moves? I'd like to see them burrow -completely -and resurface under a Tenno's feet. You would have to jump to avoid it, obviously.

New Grinneer are great! The jet-pack troops are really awesome -on ground and in-air.

I did have some performance issues on non-exterminate missions from the numerous enemies having to constantly be addressed even though I'm miles away. The entire game needs a rework on this imo. It would make more sense to move the enemy to further ahead of the Tenno, via despawning and respawning, or just simply teleporting them. Either way, as it currently stands, they are just wasted resources.

Loving the new maps over-all. I full-stealthed one this morning. First time I've done that in a while.