Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe randomly uninstalls itself?

TexasFightBunny

Question

So I was playing for several hours last night and when I exited the game, my PC restarted itself completely unprompted. I thought it was just Microsoft installing auto-updates (which is super annoying, by the way). However, when I tried to start Warframe today, it asked whether I wanted to install it. Somehow it uninstalled itself? Has anyone else ever run into this problem? I'm running it on Steam if that matters.

6 answers to this question

This can happen if you forget to install the game with administrator privileges. Make sure you run the installer as an administrator and install it to a permanent location (i.e. C:\Program Files (x86)\Warframe\). Most importantly, make sure it's not trying to install to C:\Users\<Your User Account>\AppData\Local\Temp  because that "Temp" folder is, as its name implies, for temporary files and will be periodically wiped by Windows; if your game is installed to there, it may get wiped out by windows every so often.

Edited by Letter13

This is an issue with Steam and f2p games. Whenever you close the game there is a barely registerable sync between steam, your account, and the game. If this fails (steam or os force shutdown) there is a slim chance for a Windows registry error that destabilizes the link between steam and the game. If you are computer literate there are ways online to relink the two, but don't attempt if you don't know what you are doing or you can turn your computer into a paperweight.