The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Fps Drops On Phobos

LordRonin

I don't know if this accures only in my case but when im doing missions on phobos sometimes i have a massive fps drops from 40-50 to 6-7, the map is clear, not even a single mob, nothing and it stll areound 7 fps, only exterminate missions work fine, rest by some point is droping fps-es. Did some other missions (Pluto, Mars, Ceres, Eris) also exter, sabotage, spy almost every possioble kind of mission and nothing, did defence to 35 and a map whole of mobs and not even a single drop, dunno what's the problem those noew maps are cool but sometimes unpleyable, I have to add that i have played Solo, Inv only and Online, fps drops occured on every mode.

I did some more detailed testing and have noticed the same general trend on almost every Phobos mission. The game runs great, then as tiles are loaded and populated with enemies, performance starts to deteriorate, never to recover.

It appears that all of these tiles/enemies spawning and not being depopulated causes undue CPU load in an already CPU limited game. My GPU utilization declines with frame rate.

Here is a benchmark run I made earlier today illustrating this trend:

5NOKePT.png

some areas on phobos are baddly optimized but not that bad , its clearly something on your end if yous are having this much of a dip , so far i tested this on 2 RIG's my backup RIG running

intel i3 @ 3.07GHz

4GB ram

Nvidia Geforce GT320

and my gaming RIG

Intel i7 4770k 3.90GHz

12GB ram

Nvidia Geforce GT670

Low end RIG managing close to 70FPS on low settings with everything disabled with only CC on , as for gaming RIG everything max with Physx on managing 150FPS

only dips i see in FPS is in a tight cave area with 2 lockers and 1-2 crates that has water dripping down from a pipe or something into a huge puddle , this takes me out maybe around 12-27FPS but still on both systems managing great FPS very smooth and sleek...

however there is one area that will crash your PC it has done so for me its very tiny but if you scope into the blackness (un-textured area) you will crash , will try get a screen shot of the place

Edited by DiBBz

I don't know if this accures only in my case but when im doing missions on phobos sometimes i have a massive fps drops from 40-50 to 6-7, the map is clear, not even a single mob, nothing and it stll areound 7 fps, only exterminate missions work fine, rest by some point is droping fps-es. Did some other missions (Pluto, Mars, Ceres, Eris) also exter, sabotage, spy almost every possioble kind of mission and nothing, did defence to 35 and a map whole of mobs and not even a single drop, dunno what's the problem those noew maps are cool but sometimes unpleyable, I have to add that i have played Solo, Inv only and Online, fps drops occured on every mode.

i have this issue, and so does my friend who plays.  frame rates slowly decrease over time as you play any phobos map.  it makes it unplayable for me.  no issues anywhere else, really.  

@Saneol

Those numbers are pretty close to any mission I play with infinite enemies. Only endless defense drops till 40 and then rises back to 70~90 when the enemies are flushed.

The one solution to this is changing the core affinity to 1. That way I started at around 40fps in a t2 raid, and exited at 33fps(not a living soul was harmed).

While we do have an internal process for pinpointing unoptimized or otherwise poorly performing areas on some machines, if y'all manage to snap a screenshot of the worst offending tiles we can possibly investigate.

This may not address aforementioned longterm performance drops but it should atleast help smoothen out some of the standout areas.

Hey guys, just a quick heads up.

I have recently been able to reproduce this issue on my end and we are currently in the process of working on a fix. I can confirm that the problem is consistent across just about every Settlement mission and hardware does not appear to factor into its severity. This problem will cause your game to gradually slow down regardless of whether or not any enemies are still alive.

I apologize for any inconvenience that this may cause and hopefully we can get a fix sent out soon. Be sure to keep an eye on the Update & Build Notes subforum for more information as each patch rolls out (https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/forum/3-update-build-notes/). 

Thanks again for the feedback.

Hey guys, just a quick heads up.

I have recently been able to reproduce this issue on my end and we are currently in the process of working on a fix. I can confirm that the problem is consistent across just about every Settlement mission and hardware does not appear to factor into its severity. This problem will cause your game to gradually slow down regardless of whether or not any enemies are still alive.

I apologize for any inconvenience that this may cause and hopefully we can get a fix sent out soon. Be sure to keep an eye on the Update & Build Notes subforum for more information as each patch rolls out (https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/forum/3-update-build-notes/). 

Thanks again for the feedback.

omg, thanks for the heads up!  i was just about to post again about this!  maybe i can start making runs on the bosses, on phobos now, wooteration!! =D

quick edit:  thanks saenol, for making a detailed post about this, with a nifty graph. =)

Edited by everSWIFT