Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Excalibur : emphasis on synergy.between skill.

Syln

Just another change list for excalibur that came to my mind when i saw that i was only using his radial blind and slash dash (to move in the plain) it's obviously a buff (not that excalibur need it but his 3 in my opinion does need incentive to be used)

1) Your usual slash and dash + a little twist if there is any enemies affected by his 3 in range : they will be targeted in priority adding a slash proc equal to Radial javelin damage + slight ernergy regen (+2) this will cancel the radial javelin debuff (see below)

2) Radial blind : No Major change, just adding finisher damage to radial javelin when it hit blinded enemies.

3) Radial Javelin : Add a 10 sec debuff that will slow down enemy movement and accuracy (because having an energy blade stuck in your chest might impair your fighting performance)

4) Exalted blade : Not really inspired about this skill, get rid of the slide blind to unable slide attack and if i dare, change the energy wave mechanic so that you have to charge your attack to use them costing you a slight amount of energy (enhance the size, sound feedback, damage and get rid of the damage fall off for good measure) 

4 minutes ago, Syln said:

4) Exalted blade : Not really inspired about this skill, get rid of the slide blind to unable slide attack and if i dare, change the energy wave mechanic so that you have to charge your attack to use them costing you a slight amount of energy (enhance the size, sound feedback, damage and get rid of the damage fall off for good measure) 

LMAOOOO

No.

Just no.

Why would you change Exalted Blade into a generic sword at base and make it cost more energy than it does already to have it's unique effect?

You make a thread about "synergy" and you offer only 1 synergy ?

il y a 8 minutes, Syln a dit :

not that excalibur need it but his 3 in my opinion does need incentive to be used)

It's already used, spammed in order to wipe out everything around.

il y a 9 minutes, Syln a dit :

1) Your usual slash and dash + a little twist if there is any enemies affected by his 3 in range : they will be targeted in priority adding a slash proc equal to Radial javelin damage + slight ernergy regen (+2) this will cancel the radial javelin debuff (see below)

Sounds great imo, but I think a direct burst of damage would be better than slash proc.

il y a 3 minutes, (PS4)ArtPrince17 a dit :

LMAOOOO

No.

Just no.

Why would you change Exalted Blade into a generic sword at base and make it cost more energy than it does already to have it's unique effect?

Because excalibur is a melee frame and not a spamming sentry ?

I agree with OP's suggestion.

Exalted blade doesnt need any change its extremely good along side his other kit except his 3rd ability, i wish they change his 3rd into some form of a defensive mechanic like a damage reduction buff, but excalibur doesnt need imo he is pretty powerful with his current kit and got a ton of synergy with his 1,2,4 ability and i use the 3rd to instant cc 

Il y a 5 heures, Trichouette a dit :

You make a thread about "synergy" and you offer only 1 synergy ?

Il y a 5 heures, Syln a dit :

Well actually it's synergy between 1-2-3 the idea i had for the 4 was a little too much : when an energy wave hit an enemy affected by the javelin debuff it would result in an aoe applying javelin debuff.

Il y a 5 heures, (PS4)ArtPrince17 a dit :

I will oversight your childish reaction (highlight it a little though) and answer to your question : exalted blade as it stand right now look and feel stupid.(it's my opinion) the energy wave are powerfull but feel weak due to the way they are used, their look and sound.

To give you a better idea of what it would be if it were only on charge attack you have to scrap the actual energy wave and imagine something thrice the size and with a decent width (1,5 or 2m).Basically with one wave you would do the work of multiple wave at a small cost. It would feel so much more satisfying than it is right now.

It's already used, spammed in order to wipe out everything around.

On really low level maybe (under lv50 enemy) but it might be one of the most underwhelming aoe, i use it from time to time just to say to myself "meh i will just blind", it might be obvious now but i really don't like spammy gameplay so if instead of doing 3 3 3 ... you have to  use your 2 then 3 and slash dash to death the survivor or finish them with the exalted blade's charged energy wave.

Sounds great imo, but I think a direct burst of damage would be better than slash proc.

Could be that but i think slash would be more interesting on hightly armored enemies.or to bypass shield.

Il y a 5 heures, DeckChairVonBananaCamel a dit :

with the case of the exalted blade radial blind on slide: id like it to be optional

so a quick hit of the attack button when sliding results in a basic slide attack, and a long press results in a blind, just so i can slide attack things without using the extra energy

Frankly since they add the energy cost, it feel like a nuissance more than anything else, it's a downgrade of radial blind with a lesser cost, i would trade that with a slide attack anytime.

Il y a 6 heures, ZirkonX a dit :

Exalted blade doesnt need any change its extremely good along side his other kit except his 3rd ability, i wish they change his 3rd into some form of a defensive mechanic like a damage reduction buff, but excalibur doesnt need imo he is pretty powerful with his current kit and got a ton of synergy with his 1,2,4 ability and i use the 3rd to instant cc 

I guenuinly disagree with that statement, it could be so much more satisfying than it is right now, the more i think about it the more i'm convinced i would use it again if it were less spammy and underwhelming. There is no question about the fact that excalibur is really powerfull the question is "can his kit be better without making it completly overpower ?" this is my answer and it doesn't mean it's the right one.

To begin with i did this thread mainly to enhance radial javelin after i realised that i didn't use it at all but then when i had to give idea for exalted blade it struck me to find out that i don't use it anymore and came to the conclusion that it's mainly to two things : the way they are used to be "optimal" (spammy spammy) and the underwhelming feeling when using them which is a paradox when you see how efficient exalted blade is.

2 hours ago, Syln said:

I will oversight your childish reaction (highlight it a little though) and answer to your question : exalted blade as it stand right now look and feel stupid.(it's my opinion) the energy wave are powerfull but feel weak due to the way they are used, their look and sound.

To give you a better idea of what it would be if it were only on charge attack you have to scrap the actual energy wave and imagine something thrice the size and with a decent width (1,5 or 2m).Basically with one wave you would do the work of multiple wave at a small cost. It would feel so much more satisfying than it is right now.

This sounds better as an Augment idea, not a change to the base ability. It's good as is.

Il y a 2 heures, (PS4)ArtPrince17 a dit :

This sounds better as an Augment idea, not a change to the base ability. It's good as is.

Why not after all, though i would prefer to get the possibility to switch multiple variants of a skill in the arsenal without involving mods, but that's another topic !