Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Banshee for focus farming

(PSN)Chymick006

Question

So from what I've seen Banshee is an excellent farming frame, Cast silence when you get the focus and just stealth kill everything and abuse of the 300% bonus. I'm still learning how to be good at it, it's a bit demanding for me but I'll get the hang of it, 

What I'm wondering though is what weapon to use...most video they seem to be using a Guando but I was wondering what the criterias are.

I'm also asking because I have this riven for a magistar that increased the range (by I think 80 or 100 when maxed) I thought coupling that + Prime Reach could potentially make a wicked good weapon, But I'm not sure...

Opinions, advices and builds are all appreciated!

Cheers

23 answers to this question

8 minutes ago, Sqecmi said:

it has fast paced gameplay, but feels suboptimal compared to equinox, because you can sleep large horde of enemies, see that orb spawns after it and backtrack for maximum focus.

main criteria is range.

Agree, Equinox is more efficient as focus farming but it does require a bit more "skill" if you can call it that, otherwise just call it practice. 

I get, on average, between 15k to 25k per focus boost with Equinox, thats about 100k to 200k per run.

7 minutes ago, (PS4)Chymick006 said:

Yeah ok, I get that equinox is better, but I,ve already built, ranked and tossed it. I keep the Prime variants + special exceptions (Nidus, Inaros because they BROKEN AF) so I'm asking about Banshee (Prime)

Don't listen to them, Banshee is a lot faster than Equinox anyway (if done right). While Equinox is more efficient (if you take care, you never lose stealth), she also needs to stop a lot to spam her 2, while Banshee just runs through and melee kills everyone.

As for weapon, I'd strongly suggest some weapon with a lot of range, whips and polearms are the preferred weapon types for this. If you have a Riven with range on it for any kind of whip or polearm, use that. Heavy Blades also work to an extent, but I would not recommend hammers, because their range is too low/too unreliable, I think you won't kill the enemies fast enough before they recover from their stun. Nothing stops you from trying it out for yourself though.

Edited by bluepheonix13

il y a 5 minutes, bluepheonix13 a dit :

Don't listen to them, Banshee is a lot faster than Equinox anyway (if done right). While Equinox is more efficient (if you take care, you never lose stealth), she also needs to stop a lot to spam her 2, while Banshee just runs through and melee kills everyone.

As for weapon, I'd strongly suggest some weapon with a lot of range, whips and polearms are the preferred weapon types for this. If you have a Riven with range on it for any kind of whip or polearm, use that. Heavy Blades also work to an extent, but I would not recommend hammers, because their range is too low/too unreliable, I think you won't kill the enemies fast enough before they recover from their stun. Nothing stops you from trying it out for yourself though.

Mmh, no need to cast 2, just cast 3 and run, I get 70-100k focus per run, enemy are automatically waypointed on the map ^^

Edited by ---Dradon---

28 minutes ago, Sqecmi said:

it has fast paced gameplay, but feels suboptimal compared to equinox, because you can sleep large horde of enemies, see that orb spawns after it and backtrack for maximum focus.

main criteria is range.

Opposite from my experience. A good banshee farm set can go through a focus farm in half the time of equinox. 

Simply do not care if you have an orb active or not and just go at it (maybe hold just a bit when an orb is about to spawn and there is a large filled room ahead)

Anyway, Equinox from my experience I hated it, I went and mess up multiple time mostly because of bombard and eximus not getting one shot. 

When I found that banshee was a thing, I gave it a shot and in 2 run I maxed out focus for the first time, getting 120k focus on firt run and 130k on the other.

If you like taking your time, go with equinox, if you wanna go in a rush take banshee (wich is a lot better if you ask me, a lot faster to)

2 hours ago, (PS4)Chymick006 said:

Yeah ok, I get that equinox is better, but I,ve already built, ranked and tossed it. I keep the Prime variants + special exceptions (Nidus, Inaros because they BROKEN AF) so I'm asking about Banshee (Prime)

My apologies you are correct, didnt mean to make it about Equinox, you got pretty good advice here anyway so off you go! :) 

I appreciate knowing about Equinox though, and odds are if they ever make a prime variant (which I'll just buy because F*** FARMING ALL THOSE PARTS) I'll probably try to make Equi Prime for focus farming, right now I have 1 spot left and I have Zephyr Prime, Nekros and Chroma cooking...so yeah, i'll probably be buying more slots

If you're Silence Banshee focus farming, any weapon with high range is pretty viable. Guandao, Orthos Prime, Atterax and Scoliac are all pretty standard, and you can pretty much use the exact same build on all of them:

Pressure Point/Primed, Reach/Primed, Blood Rush, Organ Shatter, Maiming Strike/Riven, Drifting Contact, 90/90 Elementals (I usually do Corrosive for farming Adaro on Sedna).

I wouldn't worry much about focus farming. When consoles get the onslaught, one elite hits cap easily. It's awesome... I don't feel the need to focus farm, just one round with a frame that holds the lens I want to level that day. Wreck face and when it is done, I am capped focus-wise at MR22, well before the 6th zone usually. No cheese, just straight wrecking things. I'm thinking today is my Ember/Madurai day. Time to bust out my accelerant build with the augment. :D

1 hour ago, BlueFalcon13 said:

I wouldn't worry much about focus farming. When consoles get the onslaught, one elite hits cap easily. It's awesome... I don't feel the need to focus farm, just one round with a frame that holds the lens I want to level that day. Wreck face and when it is done, I am capped focus-wise at MR22, well before the 6th zone usually. No cheese, just straight wrecking things. I'm thinking today is my Ember/Madurai day. Time to bust out my accelerant build with the augment. :D

Agreed.  I'd wait for the onslaught in console.  Cheese it with a good aoe frame and you'll get a crapton of focus.  Got 100k focus in one run without affinity booster last night

Edited by Coldie93

Just now, Coldie93 said:

Agreed.  I'd wait for the onslaught in console.  Cheese it with a good aoe frame and you'll get a crapton of focus.  Got 100k focus on one run without affinity booster last night

Cheese it? Frames I have capped focus not trying to: Excal P, Volt, Mirage (HoM build), Melee Saryn. Why cheese when the zones are filled with sweet, actual flowing nectar of focus?

Just now, Coldie93 said:

Agreed.  I'd wait for the onslaught in console.  Cheese it with a good aoe frame and you'll get a crapton of focus.  Got 100k focus on one run without affinity booster last night

Cheese it? Frames I have capped focus not trying to: Excal P, Volt, Mirage (HoM build), Melee Saryn. Why cheese when the zones are filled with sweet, actual flowing nectar of focus?

Got some questions. 

1: what's the estimated number of runs to get all her parts

2: quickest way to kill tyl regor

And also. I feel like a complete noob. For focus, I used to just use saryn and a spore build on hydron for 10 waves. Now I'm thinking working on a  mag polarize  build to use on Helene (basically a lower level hydron). Didn't get me as much as you guys but it did something

Edited by (XB1)MintyFreshMike

1 hour ago, (XB1)MintyFreshMike said:

Got some questions. 

1: what's the estimated number of runs to get all her parts

2: quickest way to kill tyl regor

And also. I feel like a complete noob. For focus, I used to just use saryn and a spore build on hydron for 10 waves. Now I'm thinking working on a  mag polarize  build to use on Helene (basically a lower level hydron). Didn't get me as much as you guys but it did something

Try this link:

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Tyl_Regor

Have fun and may RNG be forever in your favor.

7 hours ago, BlueFalcon13 said:

I really hope that this is actually the case. I picked up Equinox specifically for Focus Farming, but over several runs, I only managed to get 25k per run. Not per Orb; per run. I can't tell you how many times I'd walk through a door or round a corner to find an enemy staring right at me, breaking my Stealth chain. Since Equinox's Sleep skill requires a target, I couldn't spam the ability, so by the time I realized that the enemy was there, it was too late to try to salvage the situation.

Given that the video I'd based my build and strategy on was using a macro to cast Calm every half a second or so, and my consistent inability to get anywhere close to the video's results, I finally just gave up. As much as I'd like to be able to max out my Focus Cap each day and make significant progress towards filling out my Focus trees, some combination of lack of access to one of the tools that's apparently required as well as my own lack of skill has doomed me to inching my way to maxing out my Focus trees, instead of the longer strides I'd prefer

Hopefully I can handle the Elite Sanctuary Onslaught well enough to actually start maxing out my Focus trees.

4 hours ago, (XB1)D34thst41ker said:

I really hope that this is actually the case. I picked up Equinox specifically for Focus Farming, but over several runs, I only managed to get 25k per run. Not per Orb; per run. I can't tell you how many times I'd walk through a door or round a corner to find an enemy staring right at me, breaking my Stealth chain. Since Equinox's Sleep skill requires a target, I couldn't spam the ability, so by the time I realized that the enemy was there, it was too late to try to salvage the situation.

Given that the video I'd based my build and strategy on was using a macro to cast Calm every half a second or so, and my consistent inability to get anywhere close to the video's results, I finally just gave up. As much as I'd like to be able to max out my Focus Cap each day and make significant progress towards filling out my Focus trees, some combination of lack of access to one of the tools that's apparently required as well as my own lack of skill has doomed me to inching my way to maxing out my Focus trees, instead of the longer strides I'd prefer

Hopefully I can handle the Elite Sanctuary Onslaught well enough to actually start maxing out my Focus trees.

1 forma on my Equinox allowed me to slot in Enemy Sense.  It works wonders.

On 2018-04-24 at 12:39 AM, (XB1)D34thst41ker said:

I'm on PS4 and able to do it without a macro. You just need to run around like a headless chicken and look every which way while spamming 2, 2, 2, 2, 2 in the general direction of an enemy. Oh, and range helps.