Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Scene drops: Why?

fartloud

Why do we have drops for scenes in the Onslaught modes?

I dont see any reason other than loot table dilution. The player will be disappointed every time these scenes drop after the first one. So once again... why are you doing this DE?

6 minutes ago, fartloud said:

loot table dilution.

Yep, sounds about right.

...though certain captura freaks are ecstatic about it.

It could've been in Simaris' standing rewards but instead, see above.

Edited by JuicyButthurt

as ive said, i was kinda happy getting them, but then realised that ill be getting them again and again for no benefit whatsoever.

even putting symaris standing in the loot table instead and then putting the scenes in the symaris rewards would have made more sense.

I think you're looking at it from the wrong PoV. There is no dilution going on, because DE intends for the rare rewards to be that rare(not that I agree with that). To you it might look like all those different rewards prevent you from getting what you want, but in reality that doesn't matter. No matter how many rewards that aren't what you want drop, you won't magically gain a higher chance when some of them are removed.

Example: A C-rotation reward table has 20 different rewards, with 98% of the drop chance being split up between the 19 others while the drop you want has a chance of 2%. If you cut the number of rewards you don't want, you'll get 9 rewards with a combined drop chance of 98%, while the item you want still only has a chance of 2%. You could only have one other item in the table, and your chance would still not improve unless DE decides to raise the chance for the drop you want.

The dupe reward issue is one that plagues all of warframe, not just this mode, and the only permanent solution to that is to expand the resource economy. By that I mean every non-consumable, not perishable(argon) item in the game you can have more than one of needs to be part of a crafting chain that ends in a consumable, so it can be taken out of the game's economy.

Edited by AuroraSonicBoom

2 minutes ago, AuroraSonicBoom said:

I think you're looking at it from the wrong PoV. There is no dilution going on, because DE intends for the rare rewards to be that rare(not that I agree with that). To you it might look like all those different rewards prevent you from getting what you want, but in reality that doesn't matter. No matter how many rewards that aren't what you want drop, you won't magically gain a higher chance when some of them are removed.

Example: A C-rotation reward table has 20 different rewards, with 98% of the drop chance being split up between the 19 others while the drop you want has a chance of 2%. If you cut the number of rewards you don't want, you'll get 9 rewards with a combined drop chance of 98%, while the item you want still only has a chance of 2%. You could only have one other item in the table, and your chance would still not improve unless DE decides to raise the chance for the drop you want.

I dont think the point is getting a higher chance drop on what I want but instead having a more useful reward than getting the captura scenes since there's no purpose for having multiple of those.

17 minutes ago, AuroraSonicBoom said:

The dupe reward issue is one that plagues all of warframe, not just this mode, and the only permanent solution to that is to expand the resource economy. By that I mean every non-consumable, not perishable(argon) item in the game you can have more than one of needs to be part of a crafting chain that ends in a consumable, so it can be taken out of the game's economy.

Yeh but... If the scenes were removed after you obtained them, then the other drop chances will have to be increased if DE still wants to reward something. So your point completely falls through. 

I am not sure if these scenes are tradeable, if they are then you can just sell them. If they aren't then they should be, or should be removed once you have received them. 

"Why is Khora DILUTING the drop table?! I already have Ash!"

"Why is Lato Vandal DILUTING the drop table?! I already have Spin to Win Cheese!!!"

"Why is Trade-able to other players for plat Captura Scenes DILUTING the drop table?! I don't wanna make money!!!"

Etc. Etc. Etc.

YOU may not be happy with the reward, but I certainly am. And just because I am, that doesn't mean other players shouldn't be. At the end of the day it's a Reward/Drop Table, and some items you may want, some items I may want, and some items others may want, but usually....nothing we ALL want. That's just life. =w="