Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Petition to REMOVE EFFICIENCY from Onslaught

ShinTechG

Ok, so I have to ensure that it isn't just me who feels this way. Here are a few reasons from my own from my experience why I strongly believe efficiency should just be removed:

1. As of Build 22.18.2 which efficiency was adjusted to not drain as fast, this is still an issue! A full 4 man squad I went in with consisting of 3 mass nuking frames, Wukong, and x2 Equinox, yet we still had problems keeping up with this efficiency thing even if we were clearing the entire map quickly!! Pretty much as soon as the spawns came

2. On zone 14, went in, about 10 seconds and no enemies spawned. literally, NOT ONE! Of course, efficiency was counting down.

3. The challenge of Onslaught should be the enemies, NOT EFFICIENCY!

4. Even after SEVERAL PAST HOTFIXES (up to build 22.18.8), efficiency is still an issue. Whether it be bugs, or just not right versus enemy spawns. I personally feel like Zone amounts could be lowered if not wanting to having us stay long in there is an issue and enemies made more difficult (Not just by increasing level but maybe adding some mechanic/boss fight)

Please let me hear in the comments what others have to say about this system.

Edited by ShinTechG

Just now, PureIcarus said:

If efficiency is removed, the game mode would be never ending.... It doesn't matter what level they reach, certain warframes can kill them with ease. The efficiency is designed as a soft limiter for the game mode, without it, there is no challenge.

Sorry, gotta vote against that.

I am fully with you on the never ending part, but the Zones are capped at 25 according to their notes...

5 minutes ago, ShinTechG said:

3. The challenge of Onslaught should be the enemies, NOT EFFICIENCY!

The only challenge of Onslaught is Efficiency. If you'd like to see the mode drop nothing and have 0 Focus awarded, then feel free to want no more Efficiency.

I think if they wanted to remove efficiency, they'd need to do so by actually designing a new game mode. There's really nothing else going on with it. Enemy levels will almost never be a challenge, and while it doesn't MATTER if that means some people go endlessly, without some kind of mechanic you'd just be able to get through 8 rounds of it by doing... Nothing?

Also, I don't think the game mode actually hard ends at 25 waves, I think that's just where the enemy scaling caps out. Though I also doubt they want/expect anyone to get there.

1 minute ago, OvisCaedo said:

I think if they wanted to remove efficiency, they'd need to do so by actually designing a new game mode. There's really nothing else going on with it. Enemy levels will almost never be a challenge, and while it doesn't MATTER if that means some people go endlessly, without some kind of mechanic you'd just be able to get through 8 rounds of it by doing... Nothing?

Also, I don't think the game mode actually hard ends at 25 waves, I think that's just where the enemy scaling caps out. Though I also doubt they want/expect anyone to get there.

Got ya. Thanks

I agree with you.

Currently the efficiency system are forcing players to use the "nuke meta" : Castana Trinity, Glaive Wukong, Banshee, Equinox, Saryn, plus a Memeing Strike whip or polearm. If you don't bring your best nuke builds, you can hardly make it to zone 8, which renders a lot of frames and weapons useless in outslaughter. We might have many fun builds, but we'll only use our nuke builds due to how efficiency works.

2 minutes ago, Doomsknight said:

I agree with you.

Currently the efficiency system are forcing players to use the "nuke meta" : Castana Trinity, Glaive Wukong, Banshee, Equinox, Saryn, plus a Memeing Strike whip or polearm. If you don't bring your best nuke builds, you can hardly make it to zone 8, which renders a lot of frames and weapons useless in outslaughter. We might have many fun builds, but we'll only use our nuke builds due to how efficiency works.

You see, this is my problem, exactly how you explained. It's the forced use of these metas. At this point I can't even tell if the issue I have is really Efficiency, or the overpowered metas needing to be toned down. Maybe just both

Edited by ShinTechG

7 minutes ago, DrBorris said:

So just bring Wukong and sit there for two minuets?

Na, no thanks. If there is a bug with spawns the solution might be, just hear me out, to have the bug fixed.

As far as just waiting out the timer, It did cross my mind about that. Of course, something else would have to be put in place.  I guess all that would be part of this issue or a whole other one.

Thanks for your feedback

Edited by ShinTechG

23 minutes ago, ShinTechG said:

As far as just waiting out the timer, It did cross my mind about that. Of course, something else would have to be put in place.  I guess all that would be part of this issue or a whole other one.

Thanks for your feedback

If you remove one meta, another spawns... The Efficiency as it is now is harsh, i agree... however, removing it removes all form of challenge within the game mode. The Efficiency drain/gain needs to be tweaked heavily, at a certain point nuke frames will be less necessary and possibly become less viable if they modify the way efficiency is gained.. I view the game mode more as a beta in its current state.

9 minutes ago, PureIcarus said:

at a certain point nuke frames will be less necessary and possibly become less viable if they modify the way efficiency is gained..

That is a very interesting point. That actually sounds like a better possible solution than removing it all together

Edited by ShinTechG