Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Venari needs to be (relatively) OP

DrBorris

Venari does things, she exists, but to say she is actively useful or worth an ability slot is a vast overstatement.

Let's just go over what Venari does first...

1. As compared to a normal Kavat, her health makes her an "Inaros of Kavats" but the only other stat that is increased is her status chance up to 30% (which has no mods to build for).
  2. Attack deals 350 slash damage (with a 100% proc chance) to a single target with a 3 second cooldown.
  3. Protect: Disarms a single target with a 3 second cooldown.
  4. Heal: Creates a 10m 50 health per second AoE that will only heal allies up to 90% health.

These things are Warframe abilities in effect. Yes, they may be tied to an AI, but if anything that means they should be more powerful as we all know the intelligence of companion AI. If you go through the effort of having Venari attack a target and they are not guaranteed dead, it is a waste of an ability. If you want to be protected but only one enemy is disarmed (in a horde shooter especially) it is a waste of an ability. And if you are low on health and need some clutch heals, 50 health per second on effectively you alone is a waste of an ability.

And it is not like Venari can do all of these things at the same time, you have to order one of them individually.

So here is a suggestion...

1. Buff Venari's base damage to 150 (from 80).
  2. Attack gives Venari a 100% status chance. Her active ability will have her rapidly strike an enemy up to 5 times or until they are dead. Prioritizes "high threat" (use Nekros' SotD tier list) enemies. The active uses Venari's modded stats (so counts in Bite and Maul).
  3. Protect has all of Venari's attacks disarm enemies (Venari prioritizes armed enemies). The active ability is a 7 meter AoE tail swipe that can disarm groups of enemies.
  4. Heal gives Veanri a Companion lifesteal-link (Hunter Recovery) to all allies within 30 meters. The active ability will instantly heal an ally to full if you fall below 30% health.

When I have Venari out I want to be thinking "thanks Venari", not have her go completely under the radar. There was so much lore buildup for a resounding "meh".

All good additions, especially adding more AoE elements to Venari's effects. Speaking of the ability, I would also like Natural Talent to apply to Khora's posture switch speed and the posture special effect animations (so faster Attack slashes for higher DPS, Protect tail whip doesn't keep Venari stationary for too long, and Heal activation is quicker).

As our beloved "super kavat" why not let her use existing smeeta and adarza mod? That way she cope with her weakness by having some utility effects. Pretty easy to implement and shouldn't take too much time either

1 hour ago, Irisena said:

As our beloved "super kavat" why not let her use existing smeeta and adarza mod? That way she cope with her weakness by having some utility effects. Pretty easy to implement and shouldn't take too much time either

while i love the idea... suddenly having the Adraza and Smeeta Crit buffs at the same time might be a little over powered.

i can see something a little similar to the Dark Split-Sword for that, placing 1 mod locks out the others... but i think just adding a collection of new Kavat mods would be a better idea... Technicly Venari has 3 unique skills already, they are just part of the warframe, which does open up mod capacity for diffrent mods. 

Since venari is an ability she needs to be treated as an exalted pet. Not kust a per because she is tied to a frame i loke these ideas.

I would so lime to venari get yrgencu buffs as in have teleport or something so she can perform the command more closemy to being on demand.