Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

wukong... any use at all?

jmthebigman

Question

vor 2 Minuten schrieb DeMonkey:
  • The total bonus critical chance is 100% of Primal Fury's base critical chance (25%) therefore when 100% is displayed on screen this augment is providing its full 25% additional critical chance.
  • The maximum bonus critical chance cap of 100% is not affected by mods.
  • Primal Rage is a Warframe Augment Mod for Wukong that increases the Critical Chance of Primal Fury with every kill, up to a maximum of 100%

That's 3 statements.

I'll test it for you though, 349% power strength would give me 127.25% crit chance, or guranteed yellows and a decent chance at oranges according to this formula.

I was still getting normal, non critical hits.

Well so much for that then. Still can't quite complain about its numbers.

il y a 39 minutes, DeMonkey a dit :

Rhino can still use weapons whilst being just as immortal in all the of the relevant content that DE has given us.

Rhino can also buff, move faster and provide some CC.

Wukong's immortality is nothing to brag about, at all. The only way it's better is the fact that it requires slightly less effort than Rhino's to maintain. For frames like Nidus and Trinity however it's just as boringly effortless.

By no means does Defy make Wukong ''useful''.

I'm not saying it's better than others or that wukong is good, i'm just saying "being immortal is useful".

That's all.

1 minute ago, Trichouette said:

I'm not saying it's better than others or that wukong is good, i'm just saying "being immortal is useful".

That's all.

Hmmm, fair enough then.

As a frame though, compared to all the others, do you believe Wukong to have a use outside of subjective fun?

il y a 32 minutes, DeMonkey a dit :

Hmmm, fair enough then.

As a frame though, compared to all the others, do you believe Wukong to have a use outside of subjective fun?

Absolutely not.

1 is garbage

2 is useful but countered by disruptor

3 is ULTIMATE GARBAGE

4 is fun but the combo are still bugged and DE never fixed them. (I wonder if they fixed the big stick staying big...)

And it's just an exalted weapon, I don't like exalted weapons. Wukong's stick's only special feature is "it gets more range with combo" which is... Not that great.

(also I don't like the fact he's wukong, a character over-used in every video game...)

Edited by Trichouette

Just now, Trichouette said:

Wukong's stick's only special feature is "it gets more range with combo" which is... Not that great.

Nor does it even make that much of a difference when the slams don't even utilise the range.

But okay. Phew. I thought you were seriously saying that Wukong has a place. I don't want DE reading that and thinking he's okay.

Gotta press home just how truly worthless he is, even it tears me apart to do so.

à l’instant, DeMonkey a dit :

Nor does it even make that much of a difference when the slams don't even utilise the range.

But okay. Phew. I thought you were seriously saying that Wukong has a place. I don't want DE reading that and thinking he's okay.

Gotta press home just how truly worthless he is, even it tears me apart to do so.

The one thing I said the most often about DE is how they use a "cool-o-meter" when creating stuff.

And wukong is the perfect example :

dev 1 : what about having an ability that turns him into a cloud

dev 2 : sounds cool, what else does it do ?

dev 1 : nothing... it just looks cool

54 minutes ago, Trichouette said:

The one thing I said the most often about DE is how they use a "cool-o-meter" when creating stuff.

And wukong is the perfect example :

dev 1 : what about having an ability that turns him into a cloud

dev 2 : sounds cool, what else does it do ?

dev 1 : nothing... it just looks cool

It does look cool.

Unfortunately it kinda fills the entire screen with it's coolness. But hey, who needs visibility when you're so damn cool... I guess. 

I can see your point, but on the other hand the rest of Wukong's kit doesn't feel very ''cool''.

#1 is just a poke... Poking isn't very cool, and depending on what you poke with can get you in serious trouble.

#2 is boring. There's virtually no interactivity to it, you just recast it if you get a bit close to true death.

#3 is yeah, it looks pretty cool.

#4 also looks pretty cool, and it feels pretty cool. But the Chinese version looks cooler by far.

I kinda wish DE used their ''cool-o-meter'' a bit more when designing Wukong if I'm honest. 🐵

Edited by DeMonkey

Lets face it tenno you cant die but rest of your skills sucks as being a slow fog  fart  doesn't help and melee thing is okay he needs lil rework he should buff all his team melee damage and reduce incoming damage to his allies but he takes the damage for them 😉😉😉😋

Wukong is my go to tank.  I don't use any abilities except Defy.  (Well, Fart Cloud makes for a flashy exit.)  Why?  There is one thing that Wukong does better than every other tank:  

Explosive spam.  

That's his use.  Try spamming a Rivened up Kulstar at your feet and see how long your Rhino lasts.  Player weapons deal so much damage compared warframe effective Hit Points that you need to be able to bypass damage all together to spam self damage explosives.  

Il y a 10 heures, DeMonkey a dit :

#4 also looks pretty cool, and it feels pretty cool. But the Chinese version looks cooler by far.

Wasn't chinese wukong with a staff hitting on the whole map of draco a huge bug ?

Il y a 10 heures, DeMonkey a dit :

I kinda wish DE used their ''cool-o-meter'' a bit more when designing Wukong if I'm honest. 🐵

Hey right now you have 2 usable ability on 4, with more "coolness" you might have ended with 0/4.

("what about a dragon themed frame that can breath fire while moving super slowly and dealing no damage whatsoever ? sounds rad let's do it")

Edited by Trichouette

2 minutes ago, Trichouette said:

Wasn't chinese wukong with a staff hitting on the whole map of draco a huge bug ?

Oh certainly, but it's still darned cool and thematically appropriate.

It's a shame that when our version recently bugged and Primal Fury was able to grow to that length, it's hitbox completely broke rendering it almost unusable. 

That bug was my hero, and you know what they say about meeting your heroes... :thinking:

13 hours ago, DeMonkey said:

It sure does, and I love building for that.

The issue primarily is the lack of range, the lack of Rivens, the lack of acolyte mods and the fact that recasting causes you to lose your combo. Each of those factors means that melee weapons themselves will scale far futher.

Not my title? I implied very strongly in the very post that you quoted that I am not the OP.

Seriously? What are you reading? :crylaugh:

I didn't say it was easier for a new player?

I mean, your post is basically what I've been saying this whole time. Defy is easy, but in the grand scheme of things it's not actually better than the tanking of a frame like Rhino or Nidus, both of whom have a better kit overall.

I just realized who you are, not playing your game man, too old for this trolling stuff, you go on doing what you love doing, I will go and mind my own business. 

I will make sure I set you on the ignore list before I fall for this again, time is too precious.

16 minutes ago, Gharsan said:

Just out of curiosity, why did they nerf Wukong in the first place? Haven't been here long enough to know how he was before the nerf. Seems like his kit is mediocre as it is.

Based on your comment, are you referring to the Chinese > Global nerf regarding Primal Fury?

If so, then there was no nerf. The way Wukong is, bugs aside, is how he was shipped. They've changed nothing in his almost 3 years since release. :thinking:

8 minutes ago, (PS4)El_Senior_Fats said:

I just realized who you are, not playing your game man, too old for this trolling stuff, you go on doing what you love doing, I will go and mind my own business. 

I will make sure I set you on the ignore list before I fall for this again, time is too precious.

What are you on about? Where in my posts was there "trolling", what exactly did you "fall for"?

Are you yet another person who has an issue with how I post, but instead of forming an argument as to how my posts are "trolling" you're just going to resort to childish insults?

There seems to be a lot of you lately...

il y a 39 minutes, DeMonkey a dit :

Oh certainly, but it's still darned cool and thematically appropriate.

It's a shame that when our version recently bugged and Primal Fury was able to grow to that length, it's hitbox completely broke rendering it almost unusable.  

Hitting through walls shouldn't be a thing anyway...

4 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

Based on your comment, are you referring to the Chinese > Global nerf regarding Primal Fury?

If so, then there was no nerf. The way Wukong is, bugs aside, is how he was shipped. They've changed nothing in his almost 3 years since release. :thinking:

What are you on about? Where in my posts was there "trolling", what exactly did you "fall for"?

Are you yet another person who has an issue with how I post, but instead of forming an argument as to how my posts are "trolling" you're just going to resort to childish insults?

There seems to be a lot of you lately...

And I cant figure out how to ignore people, so thats my curse now.

So there are more people like me then, at least I now know I am not alone, but maybe I dont know, you should look back and try to figure out what is it that is causing people to think the way they do about you? 

I dont really care, like I said, nothing personal, I just dont like where this is going, this back and forth is just not worth my time, I just come here, give an opinion, try to learn from people's responses, answer if there is a valid reason, or otherwise leave, not everything has to be a psychological game, wish you the best though.

6 hours ago, Trichouette said:

Hitting through walls shouldn't be a thing anyway...

With some weapons sure, but Primal Fury looks like a lightsaber, and lightsabers go through walls you know? :clem:

6 hours ago, (PS4)El_Senior_Fats said:

And I cant figure out how to ignore people, so thats my curse now.

So there are more people like me then, at least I now know I am not alone, but maybe I dont know, you should look back and try to figure out what is it that is causing people to think the way they do about you? 

I dont really care, like I said, nothing personal, I just dont like where this is going, this back and forth is just not worth my time, I just come here, give an opinion, try to learn from people's responses, answer if there is a valid reason, or otherwise leave, not everything has to be a psychological game, wish you the best though.

Hover over my name, middle of the 3 options.

Still unsure why you're reacting like this, as ''arguments'' go it wasn't even heated.

Also not sure why you're using the term ''nothing personal''. When you directly attacked me for trolling, for duping you and wasting your time, you made it personal.

Wukong is my goto frame for radiation sortie missions because there is always a Saryn or Mesa and if they keep triggering my Defy i simply kill them and go on with the mission, as many times as needed for them to learn. Usually until they only have 1 revive left.

41 minutes ago, Kalec said:

Wukong is my goto frame for radiation sortie missions because there is always a Saryn or Mesa and if they keep triggering my Defy i simply kill them and go on with the mission, as many times as needed for them to learn. Usually until they only have 1 revive left.

Ok thats useful haha

My 2 cents here: 

He totally needs more love. I use wukong just simply for 2 reasons:

- Primal Fury is fun, subjectively of course, deals good damage if modded properly and even with that, he obviously needs a improved combo system, kinda what they did with the old buggy valkyr combo.

- Inmortality. but like, for every kind of content, not only balanced, this means you can solo 150+ mins easily, while with other frames you can have a hard time.

And I'm also thinking on buying TennoGen skin because it doesn't look... that great with the normal one. but I'm doubtful with that.

also thought that now I could use the cloud to stealth missions, I didn't think about that lol, I tought it was really useless, like the 1🤔

Edited by Oultrox