Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Focus Mastery: An Idea for Venus

Darkuhn

Dear fellow Tenno,

I'd like to share with you my idea of how to improve the experience of Spoiler Mode.

Currently we are forced to choose which School we use and for the majority this is Zenurik for the Energy regeneration or Naramon for the Combocounter.

Currently there isn't any benefit in maxing more than one School besides the Way-Bound-Nodes.

So here are my suggestions of how to change Spoiler Mode and the Focus System to make them feel rewarding and more fitting for the custom Playstyle of each individual Player.

1. Changes to Focus Tree nodes:

All nodes with additional costs should start at a higher value at rank 0 and go to no additional costs at max Rank so its more like an upgrade of the Ability rather than a hindrance on using a Maxed Ability.

2. The inclusion of a "Focus Mastery" System for those who have Maxed out more than one Focus Tree:

This "Focus Mastery" System would give players that have completed more than one Focus Tree a way to customize their Playstyle in Spoiler Mode. 

Players would gain access to a Screen similar to the Mod Screen of a Warframe in which they could choose up to two Nodes from their Maxed Focus Trees for each of the Following:

- Passives (e.g. Zenutiks Inner Might and Naramons Power Spike)

- Void Mode (e.g. Vazarins Void Regen and Unairus Void Shadow)

- Void Dash (e.g. Zenuriks Energizing Dash and Vazarins Protective Dash)

- Void Blast (e.g.Unairus Magnetic Blast and Zenutiks Temporal Blast)

With this and the Change to the additional Costs each Player could change their Operator to synergize with their Playstyle. And it would let players get benefits(Choices) by Maxing Focus Trees.

4. Change the Damage that Void Abilitys do.

At the moment Void Abilitys are doing little to no damage. Venus would be a great place to introduce some kind of equipment to increase the Base damage of the Void Abilitys. Maybe something Zaw like with 3 Stats which will effect all Void Abilitys. e.g.:

- Void Efficiency

- Void Reach

- Void Power

Efficiency and Reach working like the Stats for Warframes and Void Power working like Base damage for Zaws increasing the damage of all Void Abilitys.

Im Open to constructive criticism as this is just my View of what could make Operator Gameplay more entertaining and Focus as a whole more interesting and rewarding.

Edited by Darkuhn
typos

I like your ideas. Basically at some point you could become a master tenno that can select focus skills from the schools you have mastered at each respective branch if I understand correctly. Sort of like an upgrade to waybound system that we have now.

Some people might protest that it increases our need to grind focus...but personally I like how this would give us something to work towards.

Also would be cool to get some operator only missions or something like that to encourage us to explore focus schools even more.

vor 16 Minuten schrieb DjKaplis:

Also would be cool to get some operator only missions or something like that to encourage us to explore focus schools even more.

certainly :)

Thanks for the Feedback 

• 2 months later...
vor 44 Minuten schrieb ChaosSabre:

strongest passives there are.

As it stands now only trees that have any benefit are Zenurik and Madurai to actual gameplay and are not pure garbo.

honesty I would mix Naramon and Vazarin for the Passives (Greater Affinity range and less combo drain)

It's more about giving you the possibility to change according to your play style, if for you that would be Zenurik + Madurai then roll with it 🙂 

Others might like other Combinations and that is what I like about my proposed changes, everyone is free to mix anything they like out of all their maxed trees 😊 

Edited by Darkuhn

3 hours ago, ChaosSabre said:

The focus system needs a rework anyway. The ability to pick and mix nodes would greatly improve it but again people would just be running the strongest passives there are.

As it stands now only trees that have any benefit are Zenurik and Madurai to actual gameplay and are not pure garbo.

I've been working on a rework that uses focus ultimates as a form of mastery. This idea gives me some more food for thought, but it may be a bit too powerful considering my rework is pretty powerful as is:

@Darkuhn

Edited by Synpai

vor 2 Minuten schrieb ChaosSabre:

Oh don't forget melee combo counter is going away with melee 3.0 making that node not that great. Depends what it turns into I guess.

indeed, sadly the stream lacked info regarding Mechanics in Melee 3.0 :(