Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

-Second Dream Spoilers- - Orbiter Conversation

Destrab

The Operator is an entity that has the unique characteristics within Warframe of not only being playable, but also has dialogue within the diegesis of the game. They serve as a chance for the players to insert something of themselves into the game, and the game's world.

Thus far any dialogue that they have had outside of the relevant quests has been peppered in throughout missions, as statements that exist in of themselves.

However, and with The Sacrifice coming in and more of the world of Warframe is being characterised and more than ever developing narrative substance, it might also be nice to have more dialogue from the Operators interacting directly with other characters - responding to Ordis's famous quotes, patching in when you stroke your pet of choice to coo them, and just giving signs that these characters really are alive and there. Maybe we don't have to stop at the Orbiter comm-scape but I think it's a great place to start, as players spend a lot of time there. This is why I think it would be awesome if this kind of thing were incorporated into DE's goals in the future. 

Edited by Destrab
Removing unnecessary extra spoiler box, and tightening up prose

1 minute ago, xXDeadsinxX said:

Wouldn’t mind seeing operators get more lines. Though, it would take a lot of their time, which they don’t have at the moment, but having more lines would be pretty neat!

That's for sure, voice acting is something they can't facilitate right now but I'd love to see it be taken into consideration!

10 minutes ago, Destrab said:

The Operator is an entity that has the unique characteristics within Warframe of not only being playable, but also has dialogue within the diegesis of the game. They serve as a chance for the players to insert something of themselves into the game, and the game's world.

Thus far any dialogue that they have had outside of the relevant quests has been peppered in throughout missions, as statements that exist in of themselves.

However, and with The Sacrifice coming in and more of the world of Warframe is being characterised and more than ever developing narrative substance, it might also be nice to have more dialogue from the Operators interacting directly with other characters - responding to Ordis's famous quotes, patching in when you stroke your pet of choice to coo them, and just giving signs that these characters really are alive and there. Maybe we don't have to stop at the Orbiter comm-scape but I think it's a great place to start, as players spend a lot of time there. This is why I think it would be awesome if this kind of thing were incorporated into DE's goals in the future. 

I'd like to see us talking to other NPCs like a syndicate leader or Konzu. Right now it just seems we're writing on paper and letting them read it.

5 minutes ago, (XB1)oOJeshuanOo said:

I'd like to see us talking to other NPCs like a syndicate leader or Konzu. Right now it just seems we're writing on paper and letting them read it.

Yeah, I feel bad just listening to people talk without the operator having a say of their own ; - ;

TBH, I'd rather keep it as-is (or have an option to tone it down, even) and let me, myself, be the Operator doing and reacting to stuff,
rather than have a commentary or whatever by "my alter ego" that may not actually fit what I would've done.

Mind you, the choices in War WIthin were great (I embraced and drank dat **** hellz yeah), more of that, please.