Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New idea for plains event...

(XBOX)TRAZ0R

Not sure if this was an idea someone might have mentioned already or not, didn't see anything when I looked but my search foo might be weak.

So I was thinking about the plains and how I like the concept but find I don't like the reason for going there. If your a person that is completely happy with it that's cool not knocking the plains missions just for me I could use more and want to see Warframe grow.

My idea is to have an event where a large ship (probably grineer) shows up and is in the sky above the plains have it be maybe a quarter the size of the plains to give it a size scale. As the players you would have to take flight in your archwings and disable AA batteries that keep spawning while targeting a specific part of the ship to get a hanger bay/cargo bay to open. When opened the players would fly in with their archwings land and go on foot in a kind of onslaught mode through the ship to a terminal or reactor hack or destroy (sabotage type mission). Then fight to the hangar/cargo bay and defend a generator to open the door again to escape.

Feel free to offer thoughts and ideas id love to see this idea grow with other input and who knows maybe DE will make this a thing. 

Edited by (XB1)TRAZ0R

this concept, i like it!
ANOTHER!

plains needs... more

give us infinite bounties that give rep for each "wave" completed
make it so you can call down excavators (with a craftable?) and get plains resources (+rep)

and you pretty much nailed the concept, not really anything i can think of to add right now
maybe when im less tired

This sounds like a really fun mission type, and make it difficult to get close to the ship so it's a challenge and perhaps there could be a version in which its night and you have to sneak into the ship with your Archwing without getting detected or the ships goes on lockdown. Kinda like when we snuck onto the Kuva fortress but more freedom with how to get in. We can finally see how we infiltrate enemy ships and there could be many different points of entry. Come to think of it DE could something like this where we do a spy, exterminate, capture etc etc but instead of extracting through our Orbiter we go outside with our Archwing and doing this could also open up for missions that after you do the inside thing and leave with your Archwing, maybe Grineer/Corpus reinforcements show up in space and you have to fend them off before you can extract. 

The possibilities are endless with this idea and could add some more fun instead of just go in kill/capture/destroy and get out!! 

Great idea OP!!!!! All credit goes to you for starting the idea up :clap:

Please God let DE see this!! I want this so badly and it doesn't help that it reminds of the classic Star Wars: Battlefront days where you can, in the middle of a huge space battle, fly into a enemy ship and have a fight with other players in the ship while the space battle rages on and leave the ship to rejoin the space battle etc etc!! That is why I want this sooooooo much

Edited by (XB1)BigLithuanian