Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mastery Rank Requirements For Planets

Kickboxing_Banana

This can make me sound extremely hypocrite person, but I'm serious. Add mastery rank requirements for some of the most high-level planets. Why? Because I am sick of seeing this:

1_zps8be75a9e.png

And this:

2_zpscec574cb.png

I don't want to play with complete newbies against level 60 enemies, I want to be able to play with people who are as good as I am. The fact that there aren't any mastery rank requirements for planets, is the main reason why the high-level missions are pretty much dead when not playing private matches. This would encourage players with high mastery ranks to start playing public games more, which would make playing much more enjoyable.

Yeah, Mastery Rank doesn't really reflect skill all that well. All it represents is how many weapons and frames you've used and have ranked up. I've seen some really good rank 2's and 3's. There are also people who simply don't care about Mastery Rank, so they don't put in the effort required to gain it.

This can make me sound extremely hypocrite person, but I'm serious. Add mastery rank requirements for some of the most high-level planets. Why? Because I am sick of seeing this:

1_zps8be75a9e.png

And this:

2_zpscec574cb.png

I don't want to play with complete newbies against level 60 enemies, I want to be able to play with people who are as good as I am. The fact that there aren't any mastery rank requirements for planets, is the main reason why the high-level missions are pretty much dead when not playing private matches. This would encourage players with high mastery ranks to start playing public games more, which would make playing much more enjoyable.

I'm Mastery Rank 5 and I've unlocked every last area, aside from a few on Phobos, almost all of them solo. Why am I only Mastery Rank 5? Probably because I don't use garbage weapons that impact my performance unless I decide to suffer through Kappa/Kiste to farm up affinity.

Mastery Rank means nothing. It just means they've got warframes and weapons at Rank 30. I am not subjecting myself to garbage weapons like Ceramic Dagger, single Viper/Bolto/Furis simply for Mastery Points. I pick a few weapons that continue to work from beginning to end, like the HEK/Boltor and Despair/Kunai and Gram (full 360 degrees on charge attack means it wins out over Orthos Prime for me).

I'm Mastery Rank 5 and I've unlocked every last area, aside from a few on Phobos, almost all of them solo. Why am I only Mastery Rank 5? Probably because I don't use garbage weapons that impact my performance unless I decide to suffer through Kappa/Kiste to farm up affinity.

Mastery Rank means nothing. It just means they've got warframes and weapons at Rank 30. I am not subjecting myself to garbage weapons like Ceramic Dagger, single Viper/Bolto/Furis simply for Mastery Points. I pick a few weapons that continue to work from beginning to end, like the HEK/Boltor and Despair/Kunai and Gram (full 360 degrees on charge attack means it wins out over Orthos Prime for me).

I have mastery rank 9, I haven't touched any of the garbage tier weapons yet apart from the starting weapons.

Edited by GalliumGD

1_zps8be75a9e.png

And this:

2_zpscec574cb.png

how-about-no-bear-meme.jpg

I can only say that there are always less-hardcore/ pro players out there, but man, it barely has anything to do with mastery.

To me, mastery rank is solely a representation of the time you've invested of different gears, gears that you don't enjoy using at all.

I mean, how'd you feel if you were at Outer Terminus and accidentally dies, with the three other Rank 11's picking on you even though you weren't necessarily doing anything wrong. Would feel bad wouldn't it?

P.S. Mastery Rank 9 here and barely feeling superior to new players.

Oh and please don't put up others' aliases of the forums. Thanks.

Edit: A better system would probably be to have the option to set a rank range that connects players with similar Mastery Ranks to a game.

Edited by Pull

This is not a thread to compare your mastery ranks.

Please.

On topic, I wonder if this suggestion can be implemented by adding a toggle to indicate preferences of matchmaking through other indicators such as Mastery Rank, I don't know?

Not that I am prejudiced, I am simply making a suggestion.

Like Lumireaver had said, your reasoning is....

This could be due to how easy it is to access Pluto.

Another way around this problem is to properly link progression across planets according to level.

Edited by X3Evanescence

This is not a thread to compare your mastery ranks.

Please.

On topic, I wonder if this suggestion can be implemented by adding a toggle to indicate preferences of matchmaking through other indicators such as Mastery Rank, I don't know?

Not that I am prejudiced, I am simply making a suggestion.

Like Lumireaver had said, your reasoning is....

This could be due to how easy it is to access Pluto.

Another way around this problem is to properly link progression across planets according to level.

Mastery rank isn't a good indicator of preparedness though.  If anything, it's the contrary - higher mastery players are typically the ones repeatedly leveling up frames and weapons, which means they spend an awful lot of time with low level frames or equipment.  Combine that with the overconfidence of players who've done it all before, and a drive to accelerate that mastery gain by any means available, and you get a formula for high mastery players bringing under leveled equipment into high level areas. 

1_zps8be75a9e.png

And this:

2_zpscec574cb.png

You're upset that you failed?  It happens, go start another round.

You're upset that you did 67% damage?  Stop playing a Saryn frame.

You're upset that your friends died and you didn't?  Kill faster instead of waiting to be surrounded for the AoEness.

But most of all.

You can have a mastery rank 15 player, carried all the way, who decided to play on his/her level 1 frame with level 1 weapons in your mastery rank 15 required mission on your mastery rank 15 required planet.

You've solved nothing.