Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

PoE Dargyns behaviour

MineSmasher133

Ok so this is a little topic but I feel like the impact of this behaviour is quite larger than it seems.

It's been a while that I've been in the plains and since I had a riven challenge linked to killing dargyn pilots before they hit the ground, I didn't worry about it so much and thought it wouldn't be much of a proble but oh boy was I wrong. First of all, dargyns' spawn rate is litteraly mridiculous, which is a problem in itself but then , when you finally find one, holster your sniper rifle, target the dargyn and shoot, you then have 2 possible issues:

1)even though you targetted the body of the dargyn , the plain's wind somehow managed to blow your bullet away on the poor pilots who dies instantly, making the riven challenge just impossible

2)congratulations, you hit the dargyn and it exploded in a havoc of metal and fire but oh ... what's that ... ? could you say it again ...? explosion you said ?? Well yeah the explosion was so violent that it sent the pilot flying at mach 2 towards the sea or wherever else. Seriously, I'm all for realism in games but how do you want us to complete riven challenges withs "spice of life" edits like that that make the dargyn pilot ragdoll so much that it's near impossible, even with an assault rifle , to hit them after having destroyed the ship.

So now I bet you see why this little change in the pilots' behaviour once his ship is destroyed can impact much in the riven system, even though that type of challenge is not so common but still, this is a problem and I advise you to remove that ragdoll effect for a better player experience.

(P.S. Answers like "git gud m8" are just pointless, I have over 2500 hours in the game and a good accuracy, in closed as well as in open tileset and I'm not the problem)

Spores do not affect the dargyns? If they do, you may just be able to spore it, kill it and the mere act of it dying will spread it to the pilot mid-air. A low level pilot will likely die instantly to a properly modded saryn. Or Equinox Maim, the moment the dargyn explodes, you release it and kill him in mid air. or have a spectre with an automatic weapon, they are perfect shots with it.

Or get on the archwing and chase after a dargyn with an ignis? Also did they implement that new finisher where if you are on the archwing, get behind a dargyn, you get to melee them? does that count for your challenge?

Edited by VadiseReikaz

Mesa and equinox can easily deal with this challenge. Or a frame like nova can decrease the speed of his fall. And those are not the only options either.

As for spawns. I always camp the south east part of the map at the sea. 2 chances at least for stationary dargyns there (just have to scare the pilots so they hop on) and dargyns are reasonably common there compared to the rest of the map.

41 minutes ago, Edzhang said:

Sorry, but yeah git good mate.. i finished that challenge 3 times with sybaris prime, and even if i dont do the challenge im still be able to kill the pilot midair..

This wasn't helpful at all! Don't participate in this topic if you are just gonna be a jerk. 

Edited by (XB1)BigLithuanian

50 minutes ago, (XB1)BigLithuanian said:

This wasn't helpful at all! Don't participate in this topic if you are just gonna be a jerk. 

Then what do you expect? That DE should answer to every request because some player are unskilled enough to do some challenge?

8 minutes ago, Edzhang said:

Then what do you expect? That DE should answer to every request because some player are unskilled enough to do some challenge?

I fail to see how a player complaining about Dargyn pilots being instakilled when the Dargyn blows up and/or the pilot ragdolling across the map when the Dargyn blows up has to do with said players skill

37 minutes ago, (XB1)BigLithuanian said:

I fail to see how a player complaining about Dargyn pilots being instakilled when the Dargyn blows up and/or the pilot ragdolling across the map when the Dargyn blows up has to do with said players skill

Cause like i said, i dont have any problem killing the pilot and i almost never blow up the dargyn along with him.. and TS complain about the challenge being nearly impossible and want DE to change it, while i dont think it’s impossible because i have the skill to do it.. 

16 minutes ago, Edzhang said:

Cause like i said, i dont have any problem killing the pilot and i almost never blow up the dargyn along with him.. and TS complain about the challenge being nearly impossible and want DE to change it, while i dont think it’s impossible because i have the skill to do it.. 

Did you read the comment you quoted?

How do you have the skill to stop a Dargyn explosion from killing/ragdolling the pilot?? Also by your very logic of "I don't have problems with it, so that means it's ok" does that mean Spin2Win is ok because those who use don't have problems with it

Edited by (XB1)BigLithuanian

I literally spent an hour on this "Kill 5 Dargyn pilots before they hit the ground while sliding". I tried many different frames and simply ragequit. When you blow up the Dargyn, the pilot gets sent millions miles away and its super hard to actually differentiate the pilot from the debris the ship makes when exploding. Either that, or you kill both the ship AND the pilot at the same time making it impossible to actually get any progress on the riven challenge. Pair this to the atrocious spawn rate... yea... going to sell that riven. 

1 hour ago, Stoner said:

I literally spent an hour on this "Kill 5 Dargyn pilots before they hit the ground while sliding". I tried many different frames and simply ragequit. When you blow up the Dargyn, the pilot gets sent millions miles away and its super hard to actually differentiate the pilot from the debris the ship makes when exploding. Either that, or you kill both the ship AND the pilot at the same time making it impossible to actually get any progress on the riven challenge. Pair this to the atrocious spawn rate... yea... going to sell that riven. 

actually, I tried the "fix" that @Airwolfen suggested (using mesa to make sure to target the pilot) and it worked pretty well to complete the challenge. still there were issues like, when you directly use peacemaker to kill the dargyn, it will kill it's pilot first, even if you are facing the front of the dargyn and the pilot is not in sight. so in the end, the mesa meta is viable but requires you to shoot up the dargyn first then switch to peacemaker to kill the pilot with ease, but it still requires you to have an "aimbot" to make sure to hit the target when it flies at 200 km/h and there's still the risk of killing the pilot at the same time as the ship so it stil isn't really a quality of life improvement.

And to reply to @Edzhang, you don't seem to have understood the point of this thread. As I said earlier I have more than 2500 hours on the game, I have no problem hitting headshots over 200 meters in the plains as well as in a normal mission so my accuracy isn't in question here. What I'm trying to underline in this thread is that the ragdoll effect caused by the explosion might be overexagerated. I never said that I was totally unable to actually do the challenge without a mesa, I already had done it for other rivens but it really stuck with  me and, considering the bite-size experience  the developpers tend to prefer as said multiple times in the devstreams, this kind of challenges that sometimes requires over an hour to complete just doesn't seem to fit.I am not implying that we shold totally remove the ragdoll as it was in the early plains days but maybe lower it a bit because even though it's nice to have a bit of reallism in the game, It's just stupid to find a pilot 400 m apart from the crash point.