Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Compelling Argument for Universal Vacuum

Azimbee

The core of the issue is between the setting and the game-play.

For this kind of setting we wouldn't really be picking up small chunks of resources, enemies wouldn't be dropping them during missions.
What would happen is we would likely do missions to steal cases of the resources, buy the resources from someone like Darvo (or many other black market dealers), or use harvesters to find them for us akin to the Titan Extractors.  Essentially vacuum is pointless from a setting point of view (aside from cleaning the liset when we traipse the mud, dirt and gore in after a mission).

Game-play wise however it is a good way to collect this stuff without needing all the complex extra stuff to deal with the above, and to give players an incentive to go do these missions for the ancillary loot.  Essentially aspects not needed within the setting, but vacuum makes it very convenient to the game-play.

If a univac does get added, what it would need is an options setting to turn in on or off, possibly even better a slider for the distance it works at.  This way everyone gets what they want (accept maybe a dev that adamantly doesn't want it)

10 hours ago, Troll_Logic said:

I've always view the drops as energy.  Tenno picks up the energy and the liset converts the specific energy type to the corresponding physical item.

While that is certainly valid in thought, why are enemies carrying around tiny bits of the resources in either form and why does energy physically drop in the world space rather than dissipate? Not trying to argue, just inquiring.

It would make sense if the extractors were out primary way of gathering resources and drops were ancillary. Seems a little backwords.

3 hours ago, (PS4)AbBaNdOn_IGN said:

Im not talking physically, it could be up their butt for all I care.   Im talking about mod slots lol.   

Ah.  🙂

I'm the same way with my pets.  6 or 7 formas but I'd still find a way to put vacuum on them.

Look man I just don't want to micromanage every drop that I need and having to walk specifically on top to any of them, or have to chose between what companion I use just because of that. It's just annoying, takes away from the real gameplay, and takes away from the potential of the full companion line-up

Besides the only problem I could see is smeetas charm interactions with it.

Speaking abstractly, universal vacuum doesn't necessarily have to be a universal application of vacuum in all mediums. Aren't there ways to make sentinels and pets with vacuum still non-comparable to eachother? Same goes for a vacuum mod on a Warframe.

On 2018-05-22 at 7:58 PM, VadiseReikaz said:

Perhaps I my brain is not prepared for this read this early. But I fail to see a purpose for this thread? is this just a ramble?

Hmm... Haven't understood anything from this thread.