Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Loving Limbo: A Guide on How To Tolerate and Work With The Rift Magician

HisokaXEveryone

Question

Edit: is there a way to delete topics? I've basically moved this to general, where I think I'm supposed to be posting this sort of thing: 

So, there's a lot of players who have issues when they get a Limbo on the team, whether or not he knows what he's doing, and I hadn't seen a guide like this out there, so here we go. A quick guide to how to work with Limbo and each of his abilities, hopefully it should make him a little more tolerable for other players.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Si5NqTrygfQ

Also, for those curious on what Limbo does, I've got two videos almost ready on that subject, the main one should be ready later today, and the one with all the stuff I forgot to mention should probably be out later this week.

P.S. I wasn't sure where exactly to place this, hopefully this is right. It is helpful to other players, even if it isn't a question. 

Edited by HisokaXEveryone

9 answers to this question

the problem is not per say playing along with limbos...

the problem are players who doesnt know how to play Limbo...

i mean u dont need to always use cataclism and then freeze people in time.  You already help alot by using cataclism alone.
Also don't even get me started on limbos who think its funny to use fluerescent green or bright yellow as their energy, making it really bad to see anything inside their skill.

Just now, -.SP.-G43riel said:

i mean u dont need to always use cataclism and then freeze people in time.  You already help alot by using cataclism alone.
Also don't even get me started on limbos who think its funny to use fluerescent green or bright yellow as their energy, making it really bad to see anything inside their skill.

People keep saying that, but I am yet to meet an actually disruptive Limbo.  Are you sure you're not just memeing?

3 minutes ago, VisionAndVoice said:

People keep saying that, but I am yet to meet an actually disruptive Limbo.  Are you sure you're not just memeing?

then my friend you have some great luck'

just yesterday 2 different limbos, in two different squads, almost made we fail a rift rescue mission as when we needed to open the cells they decided to keep banishing us "for fun"

2 minutes ago, VisionAndVoice said:

Sadly I've met plenty, pretty much anyone who runs max range at all times regardless of the situation. Most of the time it's just easier to ignore them and write that game off as a "Zzzzzz..." but with the impending Limbo Prime release I'm bracing for some srs unfun times. 

5 minutes ago, (XB1)Cash201293 said:

It’s not Limbo I dislike. It’s the players that don’t take into consideration that THEY ARE IN A TEAM. These are the same players that spam exalted blades with Excal literally 24/7 running around even if there are no enemies around. So annoying.

but theres a huge difference, as exalted blade and others skills doesnt really affect you directly like limbo... 

the only other skill that its annoying is when a NOVA decides to use their slow build in missions like defense, which shows that said person doesnt really know how to play that frame, like what happens to 90% of limbo players

Edited by -.SP.-G43riel

5 minutes ago, -.SP.-G43riel said:

Oh yeah, I'm well aware that the biggest issue with playing Limbo is that most people don't know how to use him, but there's still plenty of things that other players may not be aware of that can help make him a little less frustrating to deal with. The really big one being that you can roll to get out of the void(yes, a lot of people still don't know this), but also that Excalibur's benefit from banish, you can shoot enemies on the other side of cataclysm, etc. 

1 minute ago, -.SP.-G43riel said:

but theres a huge difference, as exalted blade and others skills doesnt really affect you directly like limbo... 

the only other skill that its annoying is when a NOVA decides to use their slow build in missions like defense

Hey now, don't forget the max-range banshee's who go into things like Kuva Survival and keep the enemies so far out that you end up having to use life support even with nekros's on the team.... 😄

5 minutes ago, (XB1)Cash201293 said:

It’s not Limbo I dislike. It’s the players that don’t take into consideration that THEY ARE IN A TEAM. These are the same players that spam exalted blades with Excal literally 24/7 running around even if there are no enemies around. So annoying.

Yes, I agree. Honestly, if he's playing correctly Limbo can be very useful to a team, especially since he can basically make almost any objective in the game untouchable regardless of if it's an NPC, terminal, or whatever. But the big-bubble builds tend to swap between being incredibly strong but boring for all players, or just ineffective depending what enemies are around. Only places I've found large cataclysms to be useful against all groups are Hijack(Cover the vehicle and prevent anything from touching or pursuing it, even in sorties. The vehicles bubble doesn't stop cataclysm, and if there's normal nullifiers on the stage, kill them, then recast) and interception(Cover a point and prevent anything from touching the terminals, then go shoot things at another point while watching the timers. If they go down early, there's something you need to kill at the point, do so and recast). Otherwise you probably want small bubbles on most things.