Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

My only issue with the free roams

I absolutely love this game and the idea of free roam, gives me a ton of destiny vibes (which I enjoy) my only issue is being that there’s not really any items I can earn other then materials, sure every so often I earn a mod or some rare material for killing a baddie but never really any sort of gun or anything, some way to improve this is adding secret chests across free roam that reward weapons or mods, I’m not asking to be handed a gun on a silver plate heavens no, a challenge would be fine like a boss fight or something idk, but earning more then just some ores or credits would be much better and make free roam more rewarding.

unless it actually does and I’m just blind.

Signed, Alpha.

Just now, (PS4)TheAlphaHydra said:

I absolutely love this game and the idea of free roam, gives me a ton of destiny vibes (which I enjoy) my only issue is being that there’s not really any items I can earn other then materials, sure every so often I earn a mod or some rare material for killing a baddie but never really any sort of gun or anything, some way to improve this is adding secret chests across free roam that reward weapons or mods, I’m not asking to be handed a gun on a silver plate heavens no, a challenge would be fine like a boss fight or something idk, but earning more then just some ores or credits would be much better and make free roam more rewarding.

unless it actually does and I’m just blind.

Signed, Alpha.

Ghouls have a chance to spawn anywhere on the Plains, and they have a small chance of dropping a Stubba or Quartakk blueprint.

Assassination targets have a chance to drop Set Mods, along with a mod unique to each of the 3 different targets.

As for what you have suggested: DE had something like this once (Rare/Reinforced Void Crates used to drop prime parts/blueprints), but they removed it. I doubt they would add it back in.

I would like for them to add Rare/Reinforced/Overgrown Grineer Containers to PoE. Then we would have a reason to run to every corner of the map and kill/break everything.

11 minutes ago, -AoN-CanoLathra- said:

Ghouls have a chance to spawn anywhere on the Plains, and they have a small chance of dropping a Stubba or Quartakk blueprint.

Assassination targets have a chance to drop Set Mods, along with a mod unique to each of the 3 different targets.

As for what you have suggested: DE had something like this once (Rare/Reinforced Void Crates used to drop prime parts/blueprints), but they removed it. I doubt they would add it back in.

I would like for them to add Rare/Reinforced/Overgrown Grineer Containers to PoE. Then we would have a reason to run to every corner of the map and kill/break everything.

Those rare chests things are still a thing ive found them before in missions they are just really frigging rare but when they spawn they output the sound a cache makes 

they normally net you like 1k-2k credits a 30 minute booster and a built resource (detonite injector feildron or forma) depending on the faction the container spawned too Grineer injector corpus feildron void forma 

Edited by seprent
clarification

I think that for the players that have achieved all there can be achieved in the plains the only remaining thing to do that continuously rewards the player is the Eidolon fights. I think it is unfortunate that you have to wait til it is night in the plains for a reason to be there. If I were to make a suggestion I would like to see a series of bosses in the plains during the day that are grineer themed, like maybe a spider tank, that offers a reward that you would want that does not stop at just getting one. An example of the type of reward I'd like to see that already exists in the game are rivens, focus, and arcanes, whether it be a new reward or an already existing reward I would like to see this.

47 minutes ago, seprent said:

Those rare chests things are still a thing ive found them before in missions they are just really frigging rare but when they spawn they output the sound a cache makes 

they normally net you like 1k-2k credits a 30 minute booster and a built resource (detonite injector feildron or forma) depending on the faction the container spawned too Grineer injector corpus feildron void forma 

I know that they still exist. What I was pointing out was that the Void ones used to give you a Prime part. Also, I have never seen one on the Plains, or seen a Reddit/Youtube/Forum post of one on the Plains, so I think DE did not add them to the Plains. I wish that they would. Especially the Earth-exclusive Overgrown Grineer Container.