Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How do you dodge the Eidelon spike star?

midtarget

Question

Whenever I do an eidelon hunt, I can never dodge the earth eruptions that the eidelon does at 2 or more limbs broken, for now, I've taken to simply waiting it out in operator more, but I would like to be able to dodge the eruptions instead of simply being invincible, is it possible? I've tried rolling to the side, bullet jumping out, and overall avoiding as far as I am able, however, the eruptions are too fast and high to dodge, is there a way? Or is invincibility the only way to survive it.

11 answers to this question

There are spaces between each travelling pillar. You can usually find one of those spaces and stay in it for the duration of the move, as the waves will travel back on the exact same path they departed. Can be accomplished somewhat easier if you use your Operator in Void mode and quickly dash to the nearest space, then back into your frame. This is is the method I use, except just to be safe, I always bullet jump directly upward immediately after and continue the assault (because they're a bit wider than they look, you might be hit even if you think you're safe).

This typically works for me, though I'm not sure if it does anymore. It's been a few weeks since I last hunted.

Edited by LazerSkink

58 minutes ago, taiiat said:

almost all of the attacks Eidolons perform are homing(the rest are AoE Blasts). they punish you for not having a few specific Warframes there to turn it into cruise control.

Would you care to elaborate? I'd really love to know which frames are preferable to use, and why. That would help my game play a lot. Thanks!

36 minutes ago, tprx said:

Would you care to elaborate? I'd really love to know which frames are preferable to use, and why. That would help my game play a lot. Thanks!

just the usual, massive Damage Reduction so that you can ignore anything the Enemy is doing while it spams your screen with total screen covering effects that cause complete white/blackout frames temporarily because of Dynamic Exposure being questionable at best of a feature in games.

you might be able to do okay if you could get a couple hundred Meters into the air so you could see where the attacks are relative to anything before they hit you, but otherwise it's just a fight of being constantly blinded and whatever Abilities/Equipment you choose to have there with you that will ensure that even though the game is constantly blinding you, that you won't die or lose anything important by ignoring Magnetic Status and shrugging off all Damage.

my ""favorite"" are the homing lightning bolts that because of Refire Delays, if you have recently shot in spacekid, the lightning bolt will hit you before you can do anything because all of your complex actions (movement, swapping back to Warframe, everything but walking basically) aren't off 'cooldown' yet so that you could try to dodge the attack.
it's real great. you fired, the telegraph for the lightning bolt appears under your feet just after, you mash the buttons for or even hold open a Macro for swapping back to Warframe or moving out of the way, but since your Refire Delay is like an entire second or so, you're just going to stand there and get hit by it.
or if you're in your Warframe and touching the ground, even if you're at sliding speed you'll probably get hit by the homing lightning bolt, and have Magnetic Status applied to you because reasons.

but it's okay we just all cheese through it all just like the game always encourages us all to do, right?

4 hours ago, taiiat said:

but it's okay we just all cheese through it all just like the game always encourages us all to do, right?

Huh, you've been spying on me playing, haven't you? I'm a Frost fan, and I admit, beside spy missions, I usually just bully my way through a mission.

I've recently began Teralysts hunts, and yeah, even if you get the telegraph attacks cue, all I can do is bite the bullet and go on with my attacks. I'm not looking forward to do tridolons hunts... But if we wanted it simple, we would be playing WoW now, wouldn't we?

There's a few solutions. One such is to just go as far as you can. They're initially unavoidable, but the right Warframe can even benefit from them, despite the hard staggering they cause.

Spoiler

Teralyst:
Homing attack:
-Switch to Operator, void mode for a sec, then back.
-Use a Warframe than can deploy a barrier, like Volt, Frost, Gara or Atlas.
Eruptions:
-Bullet jump as high as you can and linger, then slide.
Gantulyst:
Giant laser pillars of death:
-Avoid standing in them.
-Bring Limbo or a frame that can trigger invincibility state, like Rhino or Valkyr; Limbo's Rifted state for self and allies is great to conserve energy when lingering around Teralyst-type Eidolon fragments.
Oversized Battalyst death ball:
-Either get closer to the Gantulyst, or get behind cover.
Hydrolyst:
Death puddles:
-Maintain high ground, take Oberon or other regenerative/airborne Warframes.

The solutions here aren't all of them, but if you want true evasion, consider Zephyr due to her ability to remain airborne for long periods of time.

1 hour ago, tprx said:

But if we wanted it simple, we would be playing WoW now, wouldn't we?

Isn't WoW raid harder than tridolon? Tridolon is really simple once you get the basic down, to the point I started doing it after 2 or 3 weeks into the game last month.

Except the Hydrolyst's wide AoE, most of Teralyst attack can be dodged by going void mode on slam, then sidestep by imagining something is homing at your original standing spot, while Gantulyst laser can be dodged by going void mode and side step the moment laser is going on you. Hydrolyst's AoE is abit tricky if you are using Void Strike, or you can just shoot the bubble down if you are the one not saving the void strike charges.

But let's be real, once you get void strike (after about 5 night of 2 hydrolyst hunt per night), x23 amp, and 3 forma'ed lanka (that's when you started being useful in breaking limb alone), you skip most mechanism by breaking shield and limb quickly. That's how people cheese tridolon.

Edited by MiraClena

7 hours ago, MiraClena said:

and 3 forma'ed lanka

people really over value Lanka for Eidolon Hunting - the most Damage per Shot, but slower than some of the other Sniper Rifles unless you have double buffs in order to oneshot each phase (which then all of the Guns end up being the same anyways since you're oneshotting regardless).
a Lanka fanatic i may be, but for most Players... they'd be doing the fights faster with a Rubico, a Vulkar, or even some non Sniper Rifle choices.

21 hours ago, taiiat said:

people really over value Lanka for Eidolon Hunting - the most Damage per Shot, but slower than some of the other Sniper Rifles unless you have double buffs in order to oneshot each phase (which then all of the Guns end up being the same anyways since you're oneshotting regardless).
a Lanka fanatic i may be, but for most Players... they'd be doing the fights faster with a Rubico, a Vulkar, or even some non Sniper Rifle choices.

You need vile acceleration or some fire rate mod. The reason why Lanka is great is that it's entirely radiation damage, which can deal extra 75% damage against eidolon. It require less resources to start killing the limb/eidolon fast.

4 hours ago, MiraClena said:

You need vile acceleration or some fire rate mod. The reason why Lanka is great is that it's entirely radiation damage, which can deal extra 75% damage against eidolon. It require less resources to start killing the limb/eidolon fast.

ofcourse Vile Acceleration is a must. and i know it's a pure Elemental Weapon.

but with double buffs you oneshot with any Sniper Rifle, so it doesn't matter then(use whatever you want) - and without you need multiple Shots from Lanka, which makes it objectively less efficient than using another Sniper Rifle that can shoot faster.

the requirements aren't any lower for Lanka, because every Sniper Rifle is using exactly the same Mods except for Vile Acceleration anyways. and these aren't high requirements either - just basic Damage, Crit, and Elemental Mods.

people can use it and if they enjoy the way Lanka works, i applaud it as 'the OG Lanka enthusiast' - but people are just lying to themselves when they say Lanka is 'the most efficient' for Eidolons.

Edited by taiiat

24 minutes ago, taiiat said:

but with double buffs you oneshot with any Sniper Rifle, so it doesn't matter then(use whatever you want) - and without you need multiple Shots from Lanka, which makes it objectively less efficient than using another Sniper Rifle that can shoot faster.

Ah, with multiple buff any sniper works. The thing is, without multiple buff and at lower commitment (3 to 5 forma), you typically need multiple shot to break the limb. Lanka has magazine size of 10, while Rubico/Vulkar is at 5/6, so Lanka has greater room of error, especially for starter since you can afford to miss multiple time without reload.

I would agree that once you can reliably take down the limb within one magazine or one shot, Lanka is not the best choice because of projectile and charge time. But for starter to eidolon, especially those without much resource yet, Lanka is actually the cheaper option (in term of time and resources) compared to Rubico/Vulkar if you want to not worry about taking down the limb.

Do remember not everyone can get into a static, or get into a good tridolon team to start with.

tldr: Lanka is better for starter because it gives more room for error.

Edit: Another reason is that Lanka can easily give 100% critical rate when zoomed in, while Rubico don't.

Edited by MiraClena