The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How good is Prime Excalibur?

11 minutes ago, The_Lunatic_ said:

What does it matter when it happens? You don't have access to him either way.

Probably equal power level available to everyone simultaneously. Be it Umbra or Prime.

19 minutes ago, The_Lunatic_ said:

What does it matter when it happens? You don't have access to him either way.

6 minutes ago, Patzer said:

Probably equal power level available to everyone simultaneously. Be it Umbra or Prime.

Pretty much this. It matters because if they do it after Umbra releases, there shouldn't be any *@##$ing about how a frame nobody can get was buffed in a way that makes it what most primes nowadays are, the logical upgrade to their normal counterpart. You do realize this is what has likely kept Excalibur Prime from ever really being touched in any significant way, right?

34 minutes ago, Lanadra said:

Pretty much this. It matters because if they do it after Umbra releases, there shouldn't be any *@##$ing about how a frame nobody can get was buffed in a way that makes it what most primes nowadays are, the logical upgrade to their normal counterpart. You do realize this is what has likely kept Excalibur Prime from ever really being touched in any significant way, right?

I think DE should stop using kid gloves with whiners and just make Excal prime into the frame they want him to be.

Obviously an agreement is one thing, and it's not possible to go back on their word of exclusivity, but, intentionally making a prime frame underpowered or drab in appearance just to appease some upset people isn't how Warframe should be developed. 

7 minutes ago, The_Lunatic_ said:

I think DE should stop using kid gloves with whiners and just make Excal prime into the frame they want him to be.

Obviously an agreement is one thing, and it's not possible to go back on their word of exclusivity, but, intentionally making a prime frame underpowered or drab in appearance just to appease some upset people isn't how Warframe should be developed. 

How is it ''whining'' when power, gear progression is gated behind something we literally cannot get..? You want your exclusivity, you got it, DE has held to their word, and that is the only promise they made to you.

Consequence is that you had to deal with the situation as it has been for a good while now also, because DE isn't stupid, they have to weigh the voice of a handful of Founders who want their shiny exclusive buffed against what is by now an overwhelming majority of a player base across multiple platforms that will never have that shiny exclusive and who will no doubt raise a massive stink should something they will never have be made into what's clearly meant to be the replacement for plain old Excal when it comes to gear progression.

As I've said before: Umbra's release is the perfect moment for DE to beef up Excal Prime also. Two birds, one stone.

29 minutes ago, Lanadra said:

How is it ''whining'' when power, gear progression is gated behind something we literally cannot get..? You want your exclusivity, you got it, DE has held to their word, and that is the only promise they made to you.

Consequence is that you had to deal with the situation as it has been for a good while now also, because DE isn't stupid, they have to weigh the voice of a handful of Founders who want their shiny exclusive buffed against what is by now an overwhelming majority of a player base across multiple platforms that will never have that shiny exclusive and who will no doubt raise a massive stink should something they will never have be made into what's clearly meant to be the replacement for plain old Excal when it comes to gear progression.

As I've said before: Umbra's release is the perfect moment for DE to beef up Excal Prime also. Two birds, one stone.

Your entire argument is that DE should develop the game according to a small group of people who're super upset that Founders made the game possible and got rewarded. It's nonsensical, and is not something DE has ever done before. Why should founders be punished because of some upset children? 

Founders deserve a prime warframe. Not a mediocre skin.

At the very least, the visual changes to Excalibur Prime should come as soon as they are available as cosmetics have no affect on power.

On 2018-06-02 at 12:38 AM, Syndrella said:

Basically this. The problem is not the persons whom own something what they bought the only problem is the devs let these items to buy and then closed the doors then others could not buy these products. It is not the founders faults to have these items and I am not pissed at all if I see a founder.

Actually, I'd say the problem is not the people who own ExcalP or DE selling it, but rather the people who cannot stand the idea that someone has something they don't and can't have. 

48 minutes ago, The_Lunatic_ said:

Founders deserve a prime warframe. Not a mediocre skin.

Says who? I think Founders have everything they deserve, that is, the entirety of Warframe. Thanks to their generosity, Warframe was able to live and become what it is today. Founders got this game, and they got to share it with the world. I don't think they deserve anything else.

1 minute ago, CoolDudeMcCool said:

Says who? I think Founders have everything they deserve, that is, the entirety of Warframe. Thanks to their generosity, Warframe was able to live and become what it is today. Founders got this game, and they got to share it with the world. I don't think they deserve anything else.

Well, they also deserve the items they paid for.

28 minutes ago, NullSaint said:

Actually, I'd say the problem is not the people who own ExcalP or DE selling it, but rather the people who cannot stand the idea that someone has something they don't and can't have. 

This is a never ending circle. 

7 minutes ago, Syndrella said:

This is a never ending circle. 

Perhaps. But the founders have ExcalP, and non-founders don't, and that isn't going to change. So there is only one way forward--for the salty few to let go and forget about getting that frame.

32 minutes ago, NullSaint said:

Perhaps. But the founders have ExcalP, and non-founders don't, and that isn't going to change. So there is only one way forward--for the salty few to let go and forget about getting that frame.

What I find funny is.. I don't even think anyone in this thread has been whining about the exclusivity or changing it. Hell, the OP -is- a hunter Founder and has Excal Prime. Yet all of you come in here and blast that rhetoric around again.

Quite literally the thread is about how ''good'' or viable Excal Prime is, beyond that even I have mostly been discussing it's viability and responding to others discussing potential options for changing it and the reasons for why it hasn't yet happened, as well as when would be the optimal time to make changes bringing it in line with more modern primes. Obviously exclusivity plays a part in regards to it's performance though.

59 minutes ago, CoolDudeMcCool said:

Do they not have Excalibur Prime, and every other thing they paid for?

Not at the level it should be, no.

It's a prime really only in name appearance wise, it's fairly mistakable for regular Excalibur, and as far as stats go, it's far weaker than any other primed variants. 

Founders bought a Prime. Not a skin. 

Added to that, the whole "Exclusive things should be weaker" argument complete goes out of the window with Primed Chamber.

Edited by The_Lunatic_

Founders didn't buy a Prime, they bought Excalibur Prime. It shouldn't be treated like a normal Prime because it's not a normal Prime. If Umbra functions as an alternative to Excalibur Prime, then it should be brought up to that level to be fair to the Founders. But we're not at that point right now, we're at the point where Excalibur is the only option for people who want to play Excalibur, and Founders have a slightly better version that almost doesn't matter in the long run.

5 minutes ago, CoolDudeMcCool said:

Founders didn't buy a Prime, they bought Excalibur Prime. It shouldn't be treated like a normal Prime because it's not a normal Prime. If Umbra functions as an alternative to Excalibur Prime, then it should be brought up to that level to be fair to the Founders. But we're not at that point right now, we're at the point where Excalibur is the only option for people who want to play Excalibur, and Founders have a slightly better version that almost doesn't matter in the long run.

Okay, so Umbra should be exactly the same as ordinary Excalibur but with 25 more shields?

If you're unhappy with this, how do you think people who spent $100+ on a warframe feel?

On 2018-06-03 at 12:10 PM, CupcakesMoo said:

Some of us.. i'm not going to mention names, have spent over 300 dollars on warframe so far. So let me rephrase the OP's question. 

i've lost track of how much I've spent on warframe over the years.....I'm sure I've spent well over 1000 so far. The issue i find when someone argues "I've spent more money than a grandmaster founder pack, i deserve recognition" is that they assume that founders stopped supporting DE after the founder pack.

8 minutes ago, LordOfScrugging said:

i've lost track of how much I've spent on warframe over the years.....I'm sure I've spent well over 1000 so far. The issue i find when someone argues "I've spent more money than a grandmaster founder pack, i deserve recognition" is that they assume that founders stopped supporting DE after the founder pack.

And this is assuming that I will stop supporting the devs.