The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How good is Prime Excalibur?

So someone else agrees with me that excalibur can piss off. 

Considering how the devs could make a bunch more stuff and then have the game copy and paste that to their accounts I think they could have given more than just one prime and the random niceties that came. Also I noticed that "600 dollar value" thing down there. I see you. Are you just out of the barrel or what. 

17 minutes ago, Shifty_Shuffler said:

Sadly i don't use excal coz he's pretty sh1t , not sure about the 'they got cheated part'

I feel excal in general needs a second look, he's supposed to be a melee frame with no way to really tank a hit since radial blind won't hit everyone or stop a stray rocket. you got frames like mesa who are tankier but shouldn't be. also radial javelin is so useless, it doesn't work with his other abilities and is kinda jarring from a theme standpoint. he's a "swordsman" why is he throwing javelins?

1 minute ago, LordOfScrugging said:

I feel excal in general needs a second look, he's supposed to be a melee frame with no way to really tank a hit since radial blind won't hit everyone or stop a stray rocket. you got frames like mesa who are tankier but shouldn't be. also radial javelin is so useless, it doesn't work with his other abilities and is kinda jarring from a theme standpoint. he's a "swordsman" why is he throwing javelins?

Agreed, he needs some love........so does the skana prime 😉

7 minutes ago, Shifty_Shuffler said:

Agreed, he needs some love........so does the skana prime 😉

the weapons can stay where they are. the lato prime is now pretty ridiculous. lets not forget the high riven disposition. its a bit different when it comes to the weapons and to the frame. 

5 minutes ago, LordOfScrugging said:

the weapons can stay where they are. the lato prime is now pretty ridiculous. lets not forget the high riven disposition. its a bit different when it comes to the weapons and to the frame. 

Yeah the lato might decent but the skana p is sh1te

14 hours ago, The_Lunatic_ said:

Your entire argument is that DE should develop the game according to a small group of people who're super upset that Founders made the game possible and got rewarded. It's nonsensical, and is not something DE has ever done before. Why should founders be punished because of some upset children? 

Founders deserve a prime warframe. Not a mediocre skin.

At the very least, the visual changes to Excalibur Prime should come as soon as they are available as cosmetics have no affect on power.

13 hours ago, NullSaint said:

Actually, I'd say the problem is not the people who own ExcalP or DE selling it, but rather the people who cannot stand the idea that someone has something they don't and can't have. 

+ 1

While I know I will get tons of hate for saying this,

I have to question why it is logical that an item received from undeniably contributing to the financials of a game developer must be kept worse or at best equal to a similar item that people can get from literally freeloading off those who paid to keep the game running (not just founders but anyone who bought something with cash even once).

Warframe is probably the only game I know that does this.

19 hours ago, LordOfScrugging said:

+1 this.

Slash dash and exalted blade should stay since they fit in the blademaster theme. The rest should be looked at. Excal probably needs a shield like Zephyr, where he deflects incoming attacks with the blade, and his crowd control/nuke should be something that is useful and/or in synergy with the rest of his  abilities.

Am ‎02‎.‎06‎.‎2018 um 16:53 schrieb Pr1A:

He's also ugly as sin so he doesn't even have a fashion advantage. Especially now that we have the Dex skin.

Hard to arguer about indivual preferences. I find him one of the best looking frames.

The Dex skin made him complete for me. It's imho the best skin in combination with his unique helmet.

1 hour ago, Sahansral said:

Hard to arguer about indivual preferences. I find him one of the best looking frames.

The Dex skin made him complete for me. It's imho the best skin in combination with his unique helmet.

the only thing i don't like about the dex skin is the unitard.......

Edited by LordOfScrugging

On 2018-06-05 at 4:06 AM, OoKeNnEtHoO said:

+ 1

While I know I will get tons of hate for saying this,

I have to question why it is logical that an item received from undeniably contributing to the financials of a game developer must be kept worse or at best equal to a similar item that people can get from literally freeloading off those who paid to keep the game running (not just founders but anyone who bought something with cash even once).

Warframe is probably the only game I know that does this.

P2W is bad enough, but P2WJK2Late is worse. They should be recognized for what they did to help DE, and they are.

P2W creates unequal opportunities to gain an advantage over others, but by not allowing anyone with the money to pay after a set amount of time, it makes the select few with the advantage stand out even more. I'm not saying that's what DE has done here, because Excalibur Prime is hardly better. That's the point, it's okay because it allows them to stand out to those who recognize it, while not having an advantage that nobody else can ever get, at least not an important one.

7 hours ago, CoolDudeMcCool said:

P2W is bad enough, but P2WJK2Late is worse. They should be recognized for what they did to help DE, and they are.

P2W creates unequal opportunities to gain an advantage over others, but by not allowing anyone with the money to pay after a set amount of time, it makes the select few with the advantage stand out even more. I'm not saying that's what DE has done here, because Excalibur Prime is hardly better. That's the point, it's okay because it allows them to stand out to those who recognize it, while not having an advantage that nobody else can ever get, at least not an important one.

But isn't Warframe a coop PVE game?

Why is there an issue of advantage in the first place?

Doesn't a player being able to help contribute more to the team help the team?

It is never gonna reach the point where an excalibur prime will be able to clear the whole map and excalibur cannot anyway.

Just look at all the other primes and their normal counterparts.

At no point would it be impossible for a normal frame to perform just as good or even better than its prime counterpart because mods are what matters in the end.

The issue with Excal Prime is that unlike other primes, all he gets is 25 armor while other frames minimally get 2 or more stats.

Even if we don't care about the stats, visually he is very outdated.

The helmet aside, his body is just regular excal with stripes.

At the very least, we can and should has some visual update on such an old prime even if we don't align the stats to be on par with the other primes.

I mean what does a visual update has to do with P2W?

A visual update I'm not against, there's no reason not to do it. But even if the game is PvE, P2W-type stuff is still what it is. It allows you to throw money at the game and become objectively better off than other players who can't do it, even if they're your teammates, that doesn't mean it's fair.