Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sentient Sentinel?

(PSN)chris1pat8twins

Well with the upcoming sentient styled warframe and already have the War and the amps, does this mean we will be seeing a sentient styled sentinel any time soon? Would draw it but I’m not a very good artist. Plus I’m not good at posting pictures.

I can already see my very own miniature and slimmer Vomvalyst following me around. Having like homing energy bullets hitting nearby targets. Maybe its weapon could look similar to the amps. Maybe could even build the weapon for the sentinel. 

2 mods I’m thinking of would be something like:

One giving the operator overshields every so often until it reaches maxed over shields.

And maybe the other mod could be like having that energy ghost form when destroyed where it charges into the enemy before it completely self destructs, dealing massive damage to the target and those around it. Maybe even grant a short invincibility to the operator or health restore. 

Just thinking about it makes me very impatient and it’s impossible not to think about it. 😤😤😤

[PH]Vlad is a Sentient energy-afflicted Warframe, he's about as Sentient-styled as Chroma* is.

*This Warframe's pelt is a Conculyst. Look at it's wings when the pelt is on him, then a Conculyst's wings, and even then when you deploy the Effigy and have War glowing, it only further expresses the blatant evidence supporting my claim. Also, Chroma's Message in Stolen Dreams and New Strange obviously lies that there's nobody alive on Lua or in the Void, as though it was intended to mislead the Sentients (should they awaken) and put them in a position where they are both overconfident and have their guard down.

Fun fact: All Sentinels are of Sentient origin or at least related to them in some manner, based on Codex and known information. There's a Hunhow-styled mask for them, too.

What I would want for a true Sentient Sentinel would be one which adapts, perhaps going so far as to be able to transform between a bipedal, quadrupedal, and flying form and be almost the same size as a Warframe based on the arrangement of the precepts you install on it. The drawbacks is that it would have a Loyalty bar and need incubation if you want another non-Sentinel equipped.

Then again we don't know what a non-combat Sentient form looks like. It could be an uncannily human-like form oriented to healing and restoring energy with a beam weapon which siphons enemy health/shields.

There's a lot of possibilities, but the primary elements to take in are:
-Something that resembles the 'Flying Eidolon Fragment' shown a long while back, a Broodship (giant Sentient ship-form which coincidentally has some Osprey-looking parts). or a limbless Hunhow Fighter fragment (a Conculyst with no limbs, basically an inverted Helios with a Sentient theme).
-Adapts to damage? Provides damage adaptation to Warframe? Heals and gives energy?
-Leeches from enemies?
-Behaves differently to known Sentinels, maybe it can be revived and requires Loyalty like other pets?

Considering all sentinels are already loosely based on sentients as they are based on the same tech, there really isn't much of a point to overly dramatize the connection. Id just be happy for a new sentinel to be honest, Kavat breeds as well to bring them up to the same number as Kubrows.

Eh, we'll see what comes up I suppose.

23 minutes ago, LightningsVengance said:

That would definitely be cool! And if we can get what's basically a Sentient warframe then a Sentient Sentinel is definetly not impossible. Maybe it could even look something like this? (devstrem 87, here's the overview if you're wondering, we'll probably see that thing in battle one day)

Thats an actual enemy, about the size of the Liset. That one is the resurrection Sentient enemy that revives other Sentients if you do not claim their oro fast enough. I am looking forward to seeing that in combat.

8 hours ago, NeithanDiniem said:

Thats an actual enemy, about the size of the Liset. That one is the resurrection Sentient enemy that revives other Sentients if you do not claim their oro fast enough. I am looking forward to seeing that in combat.

Yeah, I'm thinking something not entirely dissimilar to that, and of course scaled down in terms of size.

To clear up what I was saying. I meant a sentient STYLED sentinel. Meaning that it looks like a sentient and has similar mod abilities like the sentients. I based my 2 ideas on the Vomvalysts cause they already look close to how a sentinel does. I don’t care what their origins are. All I was asking is for a sentient styled version. I’m sure there a few things of sentient origins we don’t know about but clearly those sentinels are not made from the same materials like the amps and the War. Even the upcoming warframe has that same design. Hopefully that clears it up a bit. But I do like some of the ideas that were talked about.