Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Hind Doesn't Look Like A Grineer Gun.

SlimShazbot

If I am being completely honest, when I first saw the picture of the hind I was under the impression it was an infested weapon. I was shocked to find out it was a grineer gun.

To me Grineer weapons are very basic and utilitarian. They're mechanical in nature but utilize organic shapes. The Hind however looks 100% organic. That just seems off to me. Weapons like the Gorgon have an organic "shell" over the mechanical parts of the gun. but the hind looks like there's no machinery to it. And the curves give a sense of decoration, where the grineer focus more on utility than looks

Here a small example of what I mean:

HindCritique.jpg

I absolutely ADORE the Grineer's weapons designs and style, but the Hind has left me plain disappointed.

Edited by SlimShazbot

As to my observations, Grineer  design reflects on human anatonomy. Such as having computer panels looking like rib cages and the vulkar looking like a heart. Simply speaking, their designs are attractively disgusting.

This qualifies for me.

Didn't you already post this?

In a previous thread, yes.

I figured it'd have a better chance of getting a point across in a feedback section.

If possible, I'd delete the other but I don't know how or if I even can.

Edited by SlimShazbot

Art Feedback gets less traffic and would probably get this seen by right DEs.

Fair criticisms. 

I personally feel the Hind's model would've made a good Torid design so that it didn't need to reuse the Grineer model. I'd replace that and go back to the drawing board for the Hind.

Would have been cool.

From the lore about the gun, my guess is that Hind is elite rifle, almost parade-only, so it's a lot about decoration. Exception in Grineer's rules, Like Vor's Seer, which is adorned with touch of gold (I mean, they could repaint gold into black chrome or something, if they wanted, but they left it, probably because it is Captain's sidearm... hope you got the idea).

From the lore about the gun, my guess is that Hind is elite rifle, almost parade-only, so it's a lot about decoration. Exception in Grineer's rules, Like Vor's Seer, which is adorned with touch of gold (I mean, they could repaint gold into black chrome or something, if they wanted, but they left it, probably because it is Captain's sidearm... hope you got the idea).

The gold is from the Orokin tech he integrated into the gun, though.

The seer is only mostly Grineer technology. The rest is what he scavenged from Orokin derelicts and the Orokin love their gold!

Edited by SlimShazbot

As I've said, they could repaint gold...

By the way, Hind can also be only mostly Grineer. The lore says a lot about Corpus trading with Grineer, so hind can have some Corpus high tech under the hood... There's a lot of possible explanations.

I suppose it would've made more sense there. Is there a way to get a thread moved?

You've got to PM a moderator and sit back. You could also delete/repost if you're in a hurry, but there's no pressing need for that, I think.

edit:

*shrug*

6oXeANm.png

Comparison:

Hind.png

Edited by Lumireaver

And this is how you reskin and then re balance Boltor to how it should have been. Give it a touch of overpoweredness and VOILA. Might sell some.

I will be trying it when i eventually come back and play. Looks fun from watching the facetube video.

You've got to PM a moderator and sit back. You could also delete/repost if you're in a hurry, but there's no pressing need for that, I think.

edit:

*shrug*

6oXeANm.png

Comparison:

Hind.png

Not sure how to put spoilers, but I like this. +1 and sorry for the huge post this will inevitably generate. :/

edit:

*shrug*

6oXeANm.png

Comparison:

Hind.png

Funny how I hate that bulge on the Grak, but that edit of the Hind looks great with it xD

Hind looks like a weapon that I would expect to see on a desert planet. Something out of dune.

That being said I also really thought this gun looked more infested by nature than anything else. It just doesn't fit the into the same category as weapons like the burston, grakata or sobek in terms of looks.

Hind looks like a weapon that I would expect to see on a desert planet. Something out of dune.

That being said I also really thought this gun looked more infested by nature than anything else. It just doesn't fit the into the same category as weapons like the burston, grakata or sobek in terms of looks.

Soooooooooooooooooo.... It fits. Phobos is a Grineer planet and is pretty much a desert planet. Soo.... Yeah.