Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fishing hotkeys/gearwheel

The_Masked_Man

Ok, first of all I play Warframe with a controller, i have to,  mouse and keyboard i can not use. now my problem is with the newer fishing hotkeys that they have added where it shows the fishing pole and bait and dye at the bottom right corner, it says press whatever number 1, 2 or 3 to swap....ok well for controller you cannot rebind this at all, i did not see an option or there are simply not enough buttons....also when i do try to change it through m/k i have to hold whatever number it wants me to do, i can't hold the number so well and select a thing....why cant it be a toggle menu just like the gearwheel itself, also it doesn't seem to actually switch out what bait i want to use....i cant swap my bait can you at least make it so you can select what you want to use from the gearwheel like how it used to be, because this hotkey system is unusable for me and i cant fish without bait or extra fishing poles....please DE, i just want to fish again

is there anyway i can possibly fix this problem myself, it is really frustrating to make special bait then not be able to use it

Edited by The_Masked_Man
corrected some spelling

My understanding is that the devs realize this problem and are prioritizing solutions to the point of causing problems as they rebuild the system from the ground up.

So Kudos for the devs to get things back to 'normal' with time ASAP.

If you care to read more, there are a set of issues that the devs have chosen to handle now to attain a much stronger foundation, as they work to add more to Warframe in the long run.

53 minutes ago, o.0- said:

My understanding is that the devs realize this problem and are prioritizing solutions to the point of causing problems as they rebuild the system from the ground up.

So Kudos for the devs to get things back to 'normal' with time ASAP.

If you care to read more, there are a set of issues that the devs have chosen to handle now to attain a much stronger foundation, as they work to add more to Warframe in the long run.

I would like to read more, and i hope fixing the fishing is up there on the list, because without the use of special bait, i cant catch special fish....no special fish parts means no cetus crafting....unless i buy them with platinum which is...not happening

1 minute ago, The_Masked_Man said:

I would like to read more, and i hope fixing the fishing is up there on the list, because without the use of special bait, i cant catch special fish....no special fish parts means no cetus crafting....unless i buy them with platinum which is...not happening

1001172558094524418Here is one link to help illustrate the scope of intended changes, that need to roll out in phases, due to the UI coding.

I need to check for the other area I learned of this myself.

3 hours ago, The_Masked_Man said:

Ok, first of all I play Warframe with a controller, i have to,  mouse and keyboard i can not use. now my problem is with the newer fishing hotkeys that they have added where it shows the fishing pole and bait and dye at the bottom right corner, it says press whatever number 1, 2 or 3 to swap....ok well for controller you cannot rebind this at all, i did not see an option or there are simply not enough buttons....also when i do try to change it through m/k i have to hold whatever number it wants me to do, i can't hold the number so well and select a thing....why cant it be a toggle menu just like the gearwheel itself, also it doesn't seem to actually switch out what bait i want to use....i cant swap my bait can you at least make it so you can select what you want to use from the gearwheel like how it used to be, because this hotkey system is unusable for me and i cant fish without bait or extra fishing poles....please DE, i just want to fish again

is there anyway i can possibly fix this problem myself, it is really frustrating to make special bait then not be able to use it

Whilst I am on a different platform (XBox) my issues with the controller and fishing sound the same, so perhaps my workaround may be able to help you...

I have remapped several controls (all abilities are on the D pad, and focus and transference was on the right thumbstick click). This meant I have the same problem (I think) that you describe. My solution was to add an extra step into focus and transference; I made the right stick click bring up the ability menu and then mapped focus and transference to the right bumper (this last step could be any key you like). Now, when I select a fishing spear, I can press and hold the stick. This shows the spear, bait etc. with prompts over them (X, Y). Holding the appropriate letter down brings up the old bait wheel allowing me to change them. Pressing once allows me to throw the bait etc.

I hope this works for you, given it's a different platform, but good luck Tenno!

Well im glad to hear that it wasnt just me having this problem, and thanks for the workaround with the control scheme, however i will not use it because it would change how i play warframe entirely. So i guess ill just have to wait until they fix it, thanks for the help