Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

DE, please beef up the alerts. A study on grind and rewards

RavingRoman

The search for the next resource and affinity wells has had players and developers locked in a bind. Players try to find the most efficient ways to collect these things, but developers do not want them to exploit them or the game to be stuck into a Meta phase. So I want to provide a solution that could not only provide some mitigation to this problem, but could enhance the experience for several mission types as well. 

Alerts need to be re-evaluated

Feel free to correct me if this isn't true. But most players ignore every other alert save for the ones that guarantee a rare resource or mod as a reward. However, they do not contribute to the need to farm, or the need to earn affinity. While the affinity case has been solved with the implementation of the onslaught, there is now the case of specific resources. Listed below are the solutions

Alert reward modifiers

While the modified rates of earning resources have been implemented into the endless missions only, this creates one concern and leaves another unaddressed. You will have a vacuum of players trying to find the meta to a certain endless mission, while players unable for extended runs are dragged along.

Since alerts are not a permanently present set task to be completed, it would be okay to give a major alert with a significantly higher resource yield. or a higher credit yield so players can flock away from the wells and meta farms from time to time.

Alert Treasure box rewards

This is definitely the kind of reward system that Warframe is lacking and why some players do not pay attention to some mission types, most especially to those in Archwing. There is no real incentive to zip through claustrophobic spaces to raid a cargo ship that practically has nothing inside of it. Or at least no portion of the cargo is cut for the player. I have to emphasize that these are alerts that are only around for a certain amount of time, so the rewards should range from things like the following

40,000 credits

1,500 endo

10,000 polymer

1,000 oxium

10 cetus wisps

etc.

all of things like these are precious resources that get depleted very quickly anyway, and are great rewards for missions that occasionally appear in forms of Archwing Rush, and Pursuit, because you're actually going for cargo.

If you have any feed back on this, please let me know.

To be honest, I'd rather just see some of the 'harder to get' PoE resources like those from mining added into the reward table for alerts than having them increased... it's usually far quicker to just go and farm most of the things currently on alert, if you ignore nitain, potatoes, exilus adapters (not that many of us need them now thanks to Rebecca :)) and invasion resources.

Personally what I'd like to see, and I thought this was already implemented, is for invasions to not have 2 of the same item in the reward table... we've got an invasion going on now that rewards an orokin reactor whichever side you pick and based on it's progress it's taking far longer than normal to do as people will be picking the 'faster mission' to do which can keep 'resetting' the progress in one direction.

2 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

To be honest, I'd rather just see some of the 'harder to get' PoE resources like those from mining added into the reward table for alerts than having them increased... it's usually far quicker to just go and farm most of the things currently on alert, if you ignore nitain, potatoes, exilus adapters (not that many of us need them now thanks to Rebecca :)) and invasion resources.

Personally what I'd like to see, and I thought this was already implemented, is for invasions to not have 2 of the same item in the reward table... we've got an invasion going on now that rewards an orokin reactor whichever side you pick and based on it's progress it's taking far longer than normal to do as people will be picking the 'faster mission' to do which can keep 'resetting' the progress in one direction.

I did include cetus wisps in my proposal. And there can be room for those things as well. But again, the aim is also provide avenues for players who are not able to handle endless missions. Since alerts are temporary, it would make great opportunities to pull people away from the meta-fields every now and then, and give meaning to usually ignored mission types.

2 minutes ago, Navarchus said:

I'd prefer to simplify it and just add some of these things as drops to the Rare Containers and have the chance for Rare Containers be higher in alerts. 

True. But I get the feeling it would be rather frustrating to scour an entire level and find out the crate never appeared in that instance.

Somebody made a really nice suggestion on binding alert rewards to Mastery rank, make it multiplicative.
So MR 1 player gets 20k credits and MR 20 player gets 400k credits for examle.
Same with any other resource:
500 polymer is ok for newbie, and it will be 10k for MR 20 player, which for me for example is more than plenty. (I'm MR 21)
And same goes for every rescource exept maybe naitain and such rare stuff (Catalysts, argon crystals etc)

48 minutes ago, RavingRoman said:

True. But I get the feeling it would be rather frustrating to scour an entire level and find out the crate never appeared in that instance.

How about guaranteeing one rare and have the others have an increased chance to become rare?

1 hour ago, Quanlain said:

Somebody made a really nice suggestion on binding alert rewards to Mastery rank, make it multiplicative.
So MR 1 player gets 20k credits and MR 20 player gets 400k credits for examle.
Same with any other resource:
500 polymer is ok for newbie, and it will be 10k for MR 20 player, which for me for example is more than plenty. (I'm MR 21)
And same goes for every rescource exept maybe naitain and such rare stuff (Catalysts, argon crystals etc)

Problem with this is, most of this game revolves around farming for resources, and giving out such large quantities even to end game players will take away a lot of the grind and make players bored of the game because they can just build whatever they want and never run out of anything

20 минут назад, (PS4)Equinox21697 сказал:

Problem with this is, most of this game revolves around farming for resources, and giving out such large quantities even to end game players will take away a lot of the grind and make players bored of the game because they can just build whatever they want and never run out of anything

Actually, this is two-sided, imho, cause it's been 1.5 or so year since i as solo clan could not been able to farm for some clan tech like Knux or Hema. 
Grind is good, but excessive grind is bad. And to be honest, if we get so much more rescources, DE can easilly turn down frequency of such alerts

5 hours ago, RavingRoman said:

Since alerts are not a permanently present set task to be completed, it would be okay to give a major alert with a significantly higher resource yield.

Based on what? What authority do you say this with?

People do understand more access to resources will mean wildly inflated resource costs for future content, right?

1 hour ago, peterc3 said:

Based on what? What authority do you say this with?

People do understand more access to resources will mean wildly inflated resource costs for future content, right?

Based on the fact they run on timers and that you can only run them once. Have you not done a single alert in your entire play of warframe?

My authority, observation and common sense. Because they run on a random schedule and you only have access to them once at a time, all this does is pull everyone away from cheesing every once in a while, and make certain mission types worth their trouble.

Edited by RavingRoman

4 hours ago, (PS4)Equinox21697 said:

Which is why it needs to maintain on alerts. Because you can only run them once, and they run on timers

4 hours ago, (PS4)Equinox21697 said:

I agree. That kind of multiplication is too high. Which is why it is better if they just provided 10x what you would normally get in a standard run as a reward. Since the missions run on timers and you can only run them once.