Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I can't even kill a level 32 grineer, please help

MicrosoftAnarchy

Question

Hey guys, this is my first time on here. I was hoping someone would have and pointers for what to do with my Paris prime to kill things level 30 and up. I just have to say I'm not the best at farming since I get overwhelmed easy and I don't really have any good mods since I'm only mastery 5 but I hope I can still be helped 

Just now, MicrosoftAnarchy said:

I would use Dread but the Stalker has NEVER came after me before. I have a shotgun I was looking at and maybe a Drakoon if I wanted so I'll keep that in mind

Good - just keep checking out other weapons.  Ranking them (and frames, and sentinels) to 30 will all bump up your MR, which will then let you use new stuff.

Just keep at it, you've got this.

1 minute ago, rhoenix said:

Good - just keep checking out other weapons.  Ranking them (and frames, and sentinels) to 30 will all bump up your MR, which will then let you use new stuff.

Just keep at it, you've got this.

I can try, I'm working on leveling up my Trinity prime and the Rhino I just got along with my new sentelel. Weapon wise I was looking at a shotgun and the Drakoon

1 minute ago, MicrosoftAnarchy said:

I can try, I'm working on leveling up my Trinity prime and the Rhino I just got along with my new sentelel. Weapon wise I was looking at a shotgun and the Drakoon

Like I said can't go wrong with the Hek, I don't remember the Drakgoon being all that great but it is required to build the Zarr which is hands down one of my favorite weapons in the game. 

Even if a given something may not look great at first, it can surprise you with how effective it can be.

Just keep buying those blueprints and making stuff.  The higher your MR, the more juicy stuff you can try.

See if you can get into a clan, as well.  Being a member of a clan lets you buy blueprints for anything that clan has finished researching, and there are four labs' worth of stuff to make, including some frames.

2 minutes ago, Oreades said:

Like I said can't go wrong with the Hek, I don't remember the Drakgoon being all that great but it is required to build the Zarr which is hands down one of my favorite weapons in the game. 

Now that you mention it I think it WAS the Hek that I was going to build. I'll keep my eyes peeled for the Zarr though 

3 minutes ago, rhoenix said:

Even if a given something may not look great at first, it can surprise you with how effective it can be.

Just keep buying those blueprints and making stuff.  The higher your MR, the more juicy stuff you can try.

See if you can get into a clan, as well.  Being a member of a clan lets you buy blueprints for anything that clan has finished researching, and there are four labs' worth of stuff to make, including some frames.

I was entered into an enrollment thing by a guy but nobody has contacted me. I had recently just made my own clan and started making an Oracle 

I was entered into an enrollment thing by a guy but nobody has contacted me. I had recently just made my own clan and started making an Oracle 

Nice.  It'll take you a while to build the dojo up, but it's well worth the effort.

As for the Hek shotgun, that's a pretty good one that will be good for a while.

5 minutes ago, rhoenix said:

Nice.  It'll take you a while to build the dojo up, but it's well worth the effort.

As for the Hek shotgun, that's a pretty good one that will be good for a while.

Alright, all I need is some of those Neurodes and I'll have my hands on it. I was looking for something that would shoot faster anyway. I'll start farming the Neurodes tomorrow since it's 11:35 here 

The weapon is only as good as the mods themselves, thats a key feature to this game and a core part of the weapon dynamics, If you have the right setup you can take on everything (Varies from weapon to weapon of course)

Just try here and there it'll come, Trial and error will eventually lead to success, its all down to customizing the right setup to your playing style

7 hours ago, SastusBulbas said:

Cant work out if this is a begging for free stuf thread or the op was trying to kill a synthesis target.

This is a thread where I'm asking for tips on what to do with my weapon or if I should get a new one. The free stuff part was just the generosity of two other players even if I wasn't asking for it 

6 hours ago, IAmPandaEternal said:

The weapon is only as good as the mods themselves, thats a key feature to this game and a core part of the weapon dynamics, If you have the right setup you can take on everything (Varies from weapon to weapon of course)

Just try here and there it'll come, Trial and error will eventually lead to success, its all down to customizing the right setup to your playing style

I figured but the problem is that I have no good mods like the Calibur or chamber mods. Not yet anyway 

1 hour ago, Streaky_Haddock said:

Also worth mentioning is that some weapons give a really bad first impression, and only really begin to shine when you've put a few forma into them so you can fit in all the mods that really boost their strong points.

That's true but I think I just needed to replace the Paris anyway. Once I create the Hek I'll work on putting a forma or two in there. Hell, I may even out a firms into my Frost too

10 hours ago, Oreades said:

Hmm you might also want to look into the Hek, it's a pretty sweet shotgun early on and the only reason I don't still have one is I eventually replaced it with a Veykor Hek. 

I was already working on making the Hek, where do you get a Veykor Hek?

17 hours ago, (XB1)Apexsea2004 said:

i have a question, does forma increase damage?

No. You get to put in a polarity which halves the drain cost of a matching mod on that slot. So you can put in more drain heavy mods. And THOSE can add more damage.