The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

PLEASE let us replay the Sacrifice!!! (minor spoilers)

Elder_Dragon_Archon

In my opinion, this is by far the best quest DE has ever created. I just wish there was an option to replay it. It really sucks how there are all those epic cutscenes and you can only experience it once. I understand that you get Excalibur Umbra that way, and replayability might cause some complications. However, I have a solution.

Make it so you can't do the beginning part of the quest with Excal Umbra. If you try to touch the Lotus's Helmet with Umbra, you'd receive a message that says "Please choose a different Warframe." If you also do the earlier steps of the quest with Umbra, you'll receive the same message. During the part where you have to build Umbra, you won't have to actually build him again. Instead, you'll just have to equip the one you already have.

Your customizations will be saved, but during the cutscene where he strangles you on your ship, he'll temporarily revert back to the default appearance (because it might be extremely hard to implement the human/infested eye into all of the different Excalibur helmets). Umbra will also have the default appearance during all of the missions you fight him in. However, once you finally gain control of him, he'll instantly get all of your customizations again.

The rest of the quest can remain as is.

No cinematic quest has ever been replayable on launch.  They've all been made replayable a few weeks later once DE hammers out the bugs and other things.  I don't get why you needed a thread asking for something that's already certain to happen.

Yeah, making them replayable at launch adds alot more testing, since you have to account for quite a few variations and potential issues during replay. Since DE usually wants to ship the quest as soon as it's done to us, the replay ability usually gets added in later down the road.

I agree though, really can't wait to replay it. That said, I would rather get a pass on all the older quests to make them replayable , especially Vor's Prize... Granted it's a complicated one, since it involves picking up starter weapons and such, but I do think it's kinda nice to be able to replay your origins, even if the progression is not saved afterwards.

I'm really looking forward to replaying The Sacrifice.

By far my favourite Cinematic Quest so far and it got me really attached to Umbra Excalibur, he's quickly become my favourite frame.

The main reason why i want to replay it though is because of the many bugs, which i knew would happen, who goes into new content and expects it to be perfect? The final cut-scene was the major issue for me, i had gone into Operator mode right at the end of the final fight and got killed right as the final cut-scene was triggered which broke it and made my Operator completely invisible, she was outta there! So i really want to redo it and just embrace the cut-scene in all its glory.

I was really touched by the story. I can't wait to replay The Sacrifice...again and again and again. 😎
Many thanks to you dear DE Team for this great gameplay experience! 😍😘

By the way: can we get the final piece of music, the track which you can hear now in the codex after you finished "The Sacrifice", for our Somachord in our quarters? Or even better all the tracks from "The Sacrifice"! 😉 I really would like to "hunt" those somachords on the star chart