Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Radial Howl Casting Animation Too Long

Kurambik

Seriously... You cannot use it to save your life when surrounded like Radial Blind because it gives the enemies enough time to turn you into a swiss cheese of bullet holes. At least if the animation is to be kept, Have it release the "blind" immediately upon cast OR make Exalted Blade's slide attack a normal Radial Blind costing the same amount with the same range and finisher proc as the actual RB does on Excalibur/Prime

(I still think that the slide-blind even costing energy was too much in his nerf but that's another issue and irrelevant here)

53 minutes ago, Kurambik said:

Seriously... You cannot use it to save your life when surrounded like Radial Blind because it gives the enemies enough time to turn you into a swiss cheese of bullet holes. At least if the animation is to be kept, Have it release the "blind" immediately upon cast OR make Exalted Blade's slide attack a normal Radial Blind costing the same amount with the same range and finisher proc as the actual RB does on Excalibur/Prime

(I still think that the slide-blind even costing energy was too much in his nerf but that's another issue and irrelevant here)

You need to use finishers to gain invis, it hits through walls + strips damage resist from sentients. You can also roll and cast.

31 minutes ago, Aleksi134 said:

Use natural talent if you want shorter animation. Excal umbra is already strong enough he is fine as he is.

Considering he has 3 slots that force me to use specific mods no natural talent is not an option. Anyone who plays Excal a good amount will definitely tell you that RB is hands down his best ability 

1 minute ago, Vladimir said:

You need to use finishers to gain invis, it hits through walls + strips damage resist from sentients. You can also roll and cast.

Invis is only from his sword which I do not use, resistances from sentients are irrelevant when you can still take down a lv155 in literally 5 seconds, enemies behind walls are no threat to you. Rolling while casting still doesn't fix the issue that it is clunky as hell

1 minute ago, Kurambik said:

Invis is only from his sword which I do not use, resistances from sentients are irrelevant when you can still take down a lv155 in literally 5 seconds, enemies behind walls are no threat to you. Rolling while casting still doesn't fix the issue that it is clunky as hell

I am pretty sure it is warframe oriented, I can test it really fast. One could say you can still hit them with your 4 while build damage or silence for cc.

Edited by Vladimir

10 minutes ago, Vladimir said:

I am pretty sure it is warframe oriented, I can test it really fast. One could say you can still hit them with your 4 while build damage or silence for cc.

It's definitely just with the nikana

9 minutes ago, Kurambik said:

It's definitely just with the nikana

you are correct, they should just add it to the frame imo. A guy earlier said Umbra did it and asked me why I am playing a lower tier excal prime. I assumed he was telling the truth but I thought wrong.

3 minutes ago, Vladimir said:

you are correct, they should just add it to the frame imo. A guy earlier said Umbra did it and asked me why I am playing a lower tier excal prime. I assumed he was telling the truth but I thought wrong.

The invis from the nikana works on all frames too. Basically a discount Trickery for a Fatal Teleport Ash

5 minutes ago, Kurambik said:

The invis from the nikana works on all frames too. Basically a discount Trickery for a Fatal Teleport Ash

hmm I guess rolling works then and maybe a small buff to casting speed (you would have to make it LoS instead of AoE).

39 minutes ago, Kurambik said:

Considering he has 3 slots that force me to use specific mods no natural talent is not an option. Anyone who plays Excal a good amount will definitely tell you that RB is hands down his best ability 

It is an option. Its just upto you if you need it or not. The 3 mandatory mods already cover alot of stuff. You only need a bit of range and duration and chromatic blade, primed flow, you still got a slot left for anything you want streamline, natural talent, another strenght mod if you are crazy.

34 minutes ago, Vladimir said:

it hits through walls + strips damage resist from sentients. You can also roll and cast.

Wanted to briefly chime in - I've done some testing in the Simulacrum, and it seems that Radial Howl is still LoS-based. It does not affect enemies unless I see them, or they see me - much like Radial Blind.

Like OP, I would advocate for a shorter cast time. About two seconds before the actual blind emerges can be a death sentence on higher-level content, and the Sentient resistance removal is tied to the blind. Given how much damage Conculysts and Battalysts can inflict at a moment's notice, you'd want to lock them down as soon as possible; Howl's lengthy cast doesn't allow for that. Lastly, Sentients still gain CC resilience from each usage of Howl, so even the blind will only last a fraction of a second - and it's still associated with nearly two seconds of unmodded CT.

3 minutes ago, Aleksi134 said:

It is an option. Its just upto you if you need it or not. The 3 mandatory mods already cover alot of stuff. You only need a bit of range and duration and chromatic blade, primed flow, you still got a slot left for anything you want streamline, natural talent, another strenght mod if you are crazy.

There's a legit reason why you would need 180% strength. Chromatic Blade becomes 100% status chance at base allowing you to upgrade your elemental mods to their more damaging variants. Also Rage?

1 minute ago, Kurambik said:

There's a legit reason why you would need 180% strength. Chromatic Blade becomes 100% status chance at base allowing you to upgrade your elemental mods to their more damaging variants. Also Rage?

Well thats again upto you. You can reach 100% still and its only 30% elemental damage difference in the end. And on the other hand like you said you could use rage,natural talent,streamline. It really depends what you want.

2 minutes ago, Aleksi134 said:

Well thats again upto you. You can reach 100% still and its only 30% elemental damage difference in the end. And on the other hand like you said you could use rage,natural talent,streamline. It really depends what you want.

then u use 2 for 100% crit chance for the extra memes and condit overload for that massive damage.