Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbra Passive Buff Suggestion

megamino

Hi DE,

First of All nice job on bringing umbra on the time you promised (even with bug like launcher, for me it's thumbs up)

Now, the problem with umbra is only his passive when we go operator and he like swinging his scarf around...

The only thing i am concern about is that Umbra cannot use cross weapon like he can switch between primary, secondary and melee. I know that this is same design as spectre but for me Umbra is special, OR at least he uses the weapon before i go operator so let's say i have skiajati, arca plasmor and pyrana... when i go operator when umbra use skiajati, i love for him to use the skiajati instead or arca plasmor.

That's all... The AI need some "polished" logic i think 🙂

I am not DE, but I agree with you.

I had to double check, but he does retain the sword buffs from regular excal, according to the tool tip at least.

AI in general does indeed need some "polish" with specters not being used for more than a gimmick and pets (especially Venari) getting stuck. They did buff it recently to where the specters will use abilities more often, but it is still... lacking.

And I bet if there was a permanent BP for specters, they would see a little more use. 

9 hours ago, peterc3 said:

Are you expecting something you are not controlling to operate optimally?

As long as we are listing hopes and dreams, yes. Yes, I would. 

On the practical side, it would be nice if our robots and cats were even a little smarter than the average grineer. Even they can path properly sometimes.

Personally, I would like to see them used more outside of just for laughs.

Then again, I do favor the summoner types, so that is just my selfish opinion. Khora, Atlas, Equinox, and now Umbra Excal...

21 hours ago, peterc3 said:

Are you expecting something you are not controlling to operate optimally?

that's the way that we can use operator optimally... the reason is now when you go operator, your umbra is not invinsible, now with him able to use my zaw or my sword, he can keep his health up while he's attacking.

4 hours ago, megamino said:

that's the way that we can use operator optimally... the reason is now when you go operator, your umbra is not invinsible, now with him able to use my zaw or my sword, he can keep his health up while he's attacking.

Another skillful trick (I think many need to learn the frame a bit.) is to use his sword, howl, and preform a finisher for invis. Then operator becomes reasonable in stuff like sorities. Maybe even have the ai use howl combos.

6 hours ago, Vladimir said:

Another skillful trick (I think many need to learn the frame a bit.) is to use his sword, howl, and preform a finisher for invis. Then operator becomes reasonable in stuff like sorities. Maybe even have the ai use howl combos.

The howl spam is already good, what i want (and this is huge buff) is that umbra can use exalted blade when we leave operator when exalted blade is active... that might be useful. Because this is not spectre but this is our warframe, it should have a little bit buff intelligence from regular spectre

Give Umbra Stalker AI and make him fight with EB when the operator transfers out.

Or you know, revert him to becoming inert when he "dies" as a specter. Actually my preferred option.

Just now, Datam4ss said:

Give Umbra Stalker AI and make him fight with EB when the operator transfers out.

Or you know, revert him to becoming inert when he "dies" as a specter. Actually my preferred option.

Well it is too powerful, and make the EB should have some time limit so that's not too OP.

I don't know what you mean by inert, but as long as that's possible i am down, just need a little bit more intelligent.

Just now, megamino said:

I don't know what you mean by inert, but as long as that's possible i am down, just need a little bit more intelligent.

Before the fix, when Umbra died he just stood there like any other warframe and became invincible. Then he reawakens when you transfer in and back out.