Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Zephyr needs some TLC

(XBOX)xBLADEPANTHERx

I must admit, I do love the play style of Zephyr, I can't think of a single ability that is useless, but the problem is that her abilities cost a lot of energy in order to use (25, 50, 75, 100), this added with her low energy total (300 total energy with Flow equipped at max rank) make it so you have to be extremely reliant on energy pick-ups in order to maintain her abilities, so here's what I think should happen:

First suggestion is that we modify her passive ability to make it more useful, slower fall speed may fit her character, but in practise it's not that useful by itself, however if we added something like 'Energy consumption of abilities decreased by 10-20 when in the air' or 'Energy regenerates by 2 per second while in the air' will greatly benefit her since it will not only suit the idea of her being a bird warframe, but will also give zephyr players an actual reason to utilise her slow fall speed.

Another suggestion is that we increase her energy total, this will mean that players will be able to carry more excess energy instead of leaving behind loads of energy orbs only for them to spend 3 minutes trying to locate these drops once they've run out of energy, another possible idea is that we just decrease the amount of energy her abilities use, this will mean that she will be more fluent with her abilities instead of her using turbulence every 2 minutes in order to maintain her low energy.

Now there's a few things that people may say:

'Her abilities have a long duration', this is kind of true, but in reality Turbulence only has a 20 second duration, whereas an ability like vex armour has a 25 second duration, that being said I'm aware that her abilities are very useful so I feel her duration don't really need increasing.

Her abilities are powerful, thus that explains the high energy consumption/ low energy total', again I can just focus on an ability like vex armour that costs the same as turbulence as well as granting Chroma bonus damage/armour as a result of taking damage, another ability that is powerful would be Saryn's miasma, which deals massive amounts of DOT damage is they're also inflicted with spores.

Keep in mind this is just my personal opinion, but I've played Zephyr for a fairly long time to see her low energy hindering her potential of being an amazing frame. her abilities are fine, not a single one is useless, but the problem doe lie in her energy consumption/total.

What do you think? Have you played Zephyr? And if so, what do you think of her energy total/consumption?

Personally, I don't have any energy problems with Zephyr. Her first two abilities already do have a halved energy cost when used in the air. I do use Zenurik, Primed Flow, and efficiency mods as well though. And I do find her passive useful when combined with the Patagium exilus mod.

Edited by SteveCutler

Just now, SteveCutler said:

Personally, I don't have any energy problems with Zephyr. I do use Zenurik, Primed Flow, and efficiency mods. And I do find her passive useful when combined with the Patagium exilus mod.

The problem I have though is that, unlike some other low energy frames, you have to increase her energy efficiency in order to maintain her low energy, as a result it hinders most of her potential as you have to use up mod slots for efficiency mods in place of slots that could be used for range/strength/duration mods.

I just feel that she needs some sort of energy regen, and her passive would be the best place to implement this benefit.