Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Which new warframe would you recommend?

Irixa

Question

Hey everyone! Veteran here. I just got back to three new frames: Harrow, Gara, and Khora. Which of these frames would you recommend I farm for first, and why? (Assuming I did the necessary quests of course). In terms of fun, damage, support, difficulty-attaining, etc.

If you'll ask about play style, I'm a versatile player 🙂 Although if you still need more info, my favorite/go-to warframes are usually Trin, Banshee, Loki, and Nova. When with people, I play support; when alone I prefer being invisible. In high-mission stuff like sorties, I like Banshee and racking in lots of damage xD

9 answers to this question

I guess it really depends on your play style 

If you like more run & gun I'd probably go with Harrow

If you tend to play more CC I'd go for Khora 

Gara is kinda in between I guess? maybe almost more utility? Her barrier can be pretty effective but she also has some more damage oriented skills as well as an damage shied she can cast on allies. 

First of all, all three frames are good, and all three are an absolute pain to farm up. If I had to rank the farming from worst to easiest, there would be no ranking because they are all pretty bad. I think Harrow is technically the worst because of the style of mission required, while Gara and Khora both definitely suck but can be acquired in quicker and more well-liked game modes.

Harrow is probably the most fun IMO, one of my absolute favorite frames, but your style may vary. He has solid on-demand CC that also gives him protection when he uses it, great team buffs that can turn a fight around completely and even save everybody's bacon in a tough spot, absolutely awesome survivability and sustainability once you get used to his kit, and he looks fantastic.

Gara has pretty decent defense and can ramp up to some nasty damage, and she looks pretty good. Her defense took a HARD hit a while back, but has recovered some and with a little more maintenance than previously she does just fine. 

Khora is average I think. I've spent a lot of time with her and her CC and damage both are good - not great, but good. She looks really cool which is a plus to me and Venari her pet is awesome, but overall I feel like the frame had a lot of wasted potential when they scrapped the whole system she was based around. This is further evidenced by the fact they basically did a redesign of the frame within the first week it was out...it was clearly a rushed job to make the frame viable once they removed the planned IPS changes. Don't get me wrong, she's still good and I still play her from time to time, but I don't feel like she does anything special that I can't just get (and usually better) from a different frame. 

TL;DR: I think Harrow is the best overall pick, he's fun and active to play, helps the team while also being completely self-sufficient, and he's a valuable asset in a lot of situations. Plus he's a badass warrior priest...why wouldn't you pick him? Just strap on your farming pants.

Edited by Lannen
Typo

Of the 3 I like Harrow the most but from talking to other players he also seems to be a bit harder to understand. Gara is the most balanced but I find her kind of boring to play. Khora is the most straight forward to use and probably the hardest to get but at times you feel like you don’t really fit a role for your squad. 

Gara is pretty easy to get just a few quests and a few bounties on poe,   Khora is random drops from sactuary onslaught,  Harrow is from a quest and a bunch of rescue missions.

I've never played Harrow and I dont want to play Khora even though I have her parts now.(I've seen her in use and her dome ability is really garbage)

I think Gara is actually pretty fun as an offensive warframe.  Her mass Vetrify is garbage as a wall but great to just freeze enemies and shattering it to deal damage.  The cool thing is she randomly inflicts blindness making enemies vulnerable to finishers.  So give her a cool melee weapon and enjoy.  (finishers are not great for mass murder tho).

All of them have their uses. Harrow is great at hijack missions due to first ability can overshield to over 2500 shield. Gara and khora are both good in defense and overall very versatile. Khora is a bit grindy to get, Gara is a bit tedious to get but easier i feel like. Harrow is a bit of a pain to get but worth it. Honestly comes down to your playstyle so because of that i'd say Gara then Khora. Then Harrow

Edited by IAmPandaEternal