Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Void sabotage quote

Veneratus

Was just in void sabotage and it dawned on me that the lotus' message after completing the sabotage itself doesn't quite make sense.

Not really spoilers but quote is below:

Spoiler

Tenno, you do not want to be on this side of the portal when that key melts down

So the question becomes, why do we not want to be on this side of the portal?

Either it's due to ordis not having the orbiter on earth, meaning extraction will be impossible or difficult. Or the meltdown of the key will destroy a large patch of land and it's not safe for us to be in the area.

The exploding/imploding key does not make sense to me if this is the quote's source, as it would somewhat counter the entire purpose of the earth sabotage; destroying a large patch of land is effectively equivalent to allowing the toxin to go off in earth sabotage, causes unnecessary and excessive damage to the landscape. And lotus isn't that wasteful of a person, typically only wishing us to destroy grineer/corpus facilities or ships, and of course infested.

This makes the extraction issue more likely to be the reason, and is the one that makes most sense to me. However, this only makes sense for the time when the missions were created as while instant in the navigation menu the theoretical travel time is significant; resulting in the orbiter not being able to reach you in a reasonable amount of time. With the introduction / restoration of the rail-system and the junctions however this no longer is the case, as speed of light or perhaps faster than light travel. Ordis would relatively easily be able to use the rails to get to Earth to be able to extract you, it should take very little travel time, and ordis would already know your location as the lotus is able to converse with both the tenno and ordis.

TLDR: quote doesn't make sense any more, would be a good idea to eventually update quote to reflect current status of game or better yet: implement a unique quest mission which incorporates this exact situation, you're unable to get through the portal for x reason and you have to survive x condition until ordis can get to you. Be it a sudden boss fight such as grineer/corpus/sentient or perhaps even the stalker and his acolytes coming in a full pack for one hell of a grudge match, or simply an onslaught of infested, this would be a very unique and interesting twist which i feel could be a fantastic addition.

If anyone de or otherwise have thoughts or info on this, chime in and let's see what cool stuff comes out of the discussions.

3 minutes ago, Veneratus said:

Was just in void sabotage and it dawned on me that the lotus' message after completing the sabotage itself doesn't quite make sense.

Not really spoilers but quote is below:

Reveal hidden contents

Tenno, you do not want to be on this side of the portal when that key melts down

So the question becomes, why do we not want to be on this side of the portal?

Either it's due to ordis not having the orbiter on earth, meaning extraction will be impossible or difficult. Or the meltdown of the key will destroy a large patch of land and it's not safe for us to be in the area.

The exploding/imploding key does not make sense to me if this is the quote's source, as it would somewhat counter the entire purpose of the earth sabotage; destroying a large patch of land is effectively equivalent to allowing the toxin to go off in earth sabotage, causes unnecessary and excessive damage to the landscape. And lotus isn't that wasteful of a person, typically only wishing us to destroy grineer/corpus facilities or ships, and of course infested.

This makes the extraction issue more likely to be the reason, and is the one that makes most sense to me. However, this only makes sense for the time when the missions were created as while instant in the navigation menu the theoretical travel time is significant; resulting in the orbiter not being able to reach you in a reasonable amount of time. With the introduction / restoration of the rail-system and the junctions however this no longer is the case, as speed of light or perhaps faster than light travel. Ordis would relatively easily be able to use the rails to get to Earth to be able to extract you, it should take very little travel time, and ordis would already know your location as the lotus is able to converse with both the tenno and ordis.

TLDR: quote doesn't make sense any more, would be a good idea to eventually update quote to reflect current status of game or better yet: implement a unique quest mission which incorporates this exact situation, you're unable to get through the portal for x reason and you have to survive x condition until ordis can get to you. Be it a sudden boss fight such as grineer/corpus/sentient or perhaps even the stalker and his acolytes coming in a full pack for one hell of a grudge match, or simply an onslaught of infested, this would be a very unique and interesting twist which i feel could be a fantastic addition.

If anyone de or otherwise have thoughts or info on this, chime in and let's see what cool stuff comes out of the discussions.

Well, since the grineer are staying in there while keeping the gate open, I'm going to guess that if the key melts down then the gate closes, and then that's where you live now. This is why the Grineer are so ticked when you start messing with the gate. We know what happens to (other) beings that spend too much time in the void--the corrupted, Vor, etc. I think the problem is that Ordis wouldn't be able to find you again.

25 minutes ago, Veneratus said:

I'm not so sure it is that easy.

First, Ordis doesn't really know where you are. On Earth, right, but where ?

Second, Ordis doesn't know at all the configuration where you are. Is it safe sending the Orbiter in an unsafe area to pick you up ?

the void portal is not to another location in the void, it's to another gateway located on earth as the scenery is from earth tiles. What you've said would make sense if the portal was to another location in the void, as the nature of the void may disrupt lotus' ability to locate you without knowing your starting location but as it appears to be a portal to earth it doesn't make sense in any way other than travel time being the major issue. The corrupted are from orokin towers defense protocols not so much being in the void too long, and Vor didn't spend too much time in the void he was simply resurrected by the powers of the janus key he carried, and decide to dedicate his existence to the void. The main plot of the story does prove that void exposure is harmful to adult minds, however again this is only relevant in a situation where you're being transported to another place in the void.

3 minutes ago, Chewarette said:

I'm not so sure it is that easy.

First, Ordis doesn't really know where you are. On Earth, right, but where ?

Second, Ordis doesn't know at all the configuration where you are. Is it safe sending the Orbiter in an unsafe area to pick you up ?

The lotus knows where you are, as she's in communication with you during your travels into the portal; which she could convey to ordis in seconds. Ordis has previously had the experience of "losing" you and finding you again on his scanners, implying he has you as a target for his tracking systems and would be able to locate you upon entering earth's atmosphere

2 minutes ago, motorfirebox said:

Maybe it creates a small(ish) area of localized destruction, but a much larger/more intense area of Transference disruption.

That would actually be quite interesting in the context of using it for a quest, as your warframe may need to be left behind due to the disruption and recovered elsewhere in the next portion of the quest, or simply be in a reduced or increased capacity to function and utilizing the:

Spoiler

introduction of a self-controlled warframe such as umbra excalibur to survive the disruption period while the operator travels to the scene once more.

My guess is it's a sizable explosion, and you don't want to be at ground zero for it.

The forest itself is extremely aggressive and takes over anything in its path. That's why they made the Cicero Toxin to stop it, and they only made the toxin because more conventional means did not work (so I'm guessing explosives and fire were used at one point to no avail) as the forest would simply grow back in force and overtake anything they built.

The Forests of Earth have evolved. Centuries of manipulation by the Orokin have created breeds of super plants that grow tougher and faster than anything seen before. Until now the Grineer have been unable to conquer these unruly forests, but Councilor Vay Hek plans to use his Cicero Toxin to clear the land and make way for Grineer settlements.

So even something like a nuke which would scour the landscape for a good sized area would simply be overgrown again in no time.

As far as I can tell, the Grineer buildings you see are not ancient structures lost to time. They are recent buildings that the forest has simply swallowed up shortly after construction.